Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone got a Dakota Digital SGI-5?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2010, 07:28 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone got a Dakota Digital SGI-5?

I am having trouble getting anything from Dakota Digital speedo converter. I am running an Autometer hall effect generator on a TH400 and the SGI-5. I have the out on 3 and dipswitch #1 and #2 on and #3 and #4 off. The cluster is an LT1.
Old 10-08-2010, 08:47 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I've had one in my GN powered S-10 since 2002, no problems at all... If you need instructions, you can DL a PDF file from Dakota.
Old 10-09-2010, 09:13 PM
TECH Veteran

I've got the instructions--that's the problem. I've got it wired what I perceived to be correct. Wondering if anyone had a working combo that's not exactly outlined in the scenarios.
Old 10-10-2010, 07:45 AM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

What is the problem you are having? When I first hooked mine up I had no signal. Since I didn't have the input specs of the dash I was using a bit of experimenting was necessary to get things right. I kept moving the output wire until I got the speedo to move, then I was able to make adjustments to the output. Once I got everything working I clocked myself with my GPS and adjusted accordingly.

My first obvious bit of troubleshooting would be to make sure you are getting a flashing light letting you know you have input signal while the car is moving.
Old 10-10-2010, 04:41 PM
TECH Veteran

Well I've got power and a solid green light but nothing on the speedo. What kinda voltage should I see out of the signal wire?
Old 10-10-2010, 05:00 PM
TECH Addict

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by dhdenney
Well I've got power and a solid green light but nothing on the speedo. What kinda voltage should I see out of the signal wire?
The green light will flash as the unit receives pulses. If the green light isn't flashing while the car is in motion, that needs to be addressed first. I don't remember seeing anything in my paperwork referencing output voltage but it did say input and output type (i.e. square or sine wave, number of pulses, etc.) so I'm not sure a digital volt ohm meter would be able to read it.
Old 10-11-2010, 02:16 PM
TECH Veteran

I've checked all my connections and changed the Autometer signal generator to a common ground with the SGI-5. Still nothing. With the car on jackstands, I started the car and put it in first and started trying different dip switch combos. It blinked once or twice but in the end just went back to a solid green light. I'm kinda stumped.
Old 10-11-2010, 08:36 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

May be defective. Call DD, see if you can send it back to them for testing...

Quick Reply: Anyone got a Dakota Digital SGI-5?