Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LQ4/T56 into my 69 Camaro

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2011, 04:36 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chicago TDP
What are the part numbers for the hoses that you are using???

I have hoses that I pieced together and would rather have them one piece and cleaner looking then yours!

Thank you
I am using Gates part numbers: 20603 and 22373. The lower hose will need to be shortened but the top hose fits perfect uncut.
Old 04-12-2011, 05:23 PM
TECH Addict

Received 82 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by tsnow678
Thanks Clint! Its all show and no go at this point. I see you have taken a break from your project, everything ok?
Things are going fine, just a very busy month. I'm still adjusting to having a baby. With the time change he has more waking hours in the evenings, so I'm spending the bulk of my normal garage time with him. My weekends have been taken up by other projects around the house, but I should be getting more work done on the Nova shortly. I am just amazed at how many people are flying by me. As I struggle to find time for my project, I'm watching you, futureuser, and others start and near completion on their swaps. Fortunately that just means more for me to learn from
Old 04-12-2011, 08:18 PM
TECH Addict

I have taken almost two weeks off myself and everyone on here seems to have gotten so much done. It kills me not to work on my car but like you said there are some things more important in life. The golf cart is gone and the boat will get the new carpet tomorrow. Waiting on the seats to be reupholstered. The guy told me one week so I had to bust my butt to get all this done and now its been almost three weeks and no seats. Go figure!
Old 04-13-2011, 09:46 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How long ago did you buy the tank Auto I haven't seen them that cheap?
Old 04-13-2011, 10:15 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Carman72
How long ago did you buy the tank Auto I haven't seen them that cheap?
I am not sure exactly what your asking. If you are referring to the fuel tank I bought from Rock Auto it was $335 plus shipping. I went to Rock Auto just a few minutes ago and was going to post the link but it seems they no longer sell the Spectra Fuel Injection tanks. I wonder why, hhhhmmmmmmm? Save yourself some headaches and wait for the new design, fab your own, or buy the Ricks. If this is not what you were asking feel free to ask any question you want I will do my best to answer it accordingly.
Old 04-13-2011, 11:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

I'm going to try those hoses u used tsnow,that was my next problem to figure out
Old 04-13-2011, 01:51 PM
Teching In

Cant find the words to explain how sweet your build is, im currently building the same engine but the LQ9 to drop in my 68 camaro, im tired of the carb and its hard to tune right. im learning so much from your build. keep the pics coming

I cant stress enough how I should have went LS when I bought my project, oh well I guess "you live and you learn".
Old 04-13-2011, 02:11 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by senor_camaro
Cant find the words to explain how sweet your build is, im currently building the same engine but the LQ9 to drop in my 68 camaro, im tired of the carb and its hard to tune right. im learning so much from your build. keep the pics coming

I cant stress enough how I should have went LS when I bought my project, oh well I guess "you live and you learn".
Thanks for all the compliments! The LQ9 will be a touch sweeter than the engine I used. I am with you on the "should have". I know my way around a Holley pretty good and have had to tweak here and there to keep it running just right and just when it seems all is well something else would happen. I wanted to take the easy route and throw a carb on the LQ4 but had to keep reminding myself why I was doing this swap to begin with. For some the carb setup is what they are after but for me its reliability and fuel economy. I figure with the power this thing should make and the reliability it was money well spent. Good luck on your build and as soon as you get a thread going hit me up and I will subscribe!!! Maybe I can learn something from you as well. Thanks again.
Old 04-13-2011, 02:14 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bmf5150
I'm going to try those hoses u used tsnow,that was my next problem to figure out
Good luck! I made about 5 trips one way to finally find what I needed. I had close hanger bent in the shape I needed, taped together bits and pieces, and even took pictures to get what I got. I almost bought some aluminum pipe and pieced the thing together. Glad I didnt now. The lower hose was my biggest obstacle. I hit the top hose the first time. Did you buy the adapter or are you going to use the stock thermostat housing?
Old 04-14-2011, 08:56 AM
10 Second Club

Wow. I got really lucky with my hoses.
Old 04-27-2011, 02:02 PM
Old School Heavy

Received 63 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by tsnow678
We are getting closer and closer each day. I am limited on time to work on her until I clear out a couple of other projects first. Wiring will be next, yippeeee!!! No, not really that excited!!! Last but not least will be the fuel system. If everything falls into place and no other mishaps are stumbled upon maybe within the month she will be moving under her own power.

[IMG][/IMG]
You are getting close man. If you are anything like me, it will feel great when you finally get to hear it run.
Old 04-27-2011, 03:36 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by speedtigger
You are getting close man. If you are anything like me, it will feel great when you finally get to hear it run.
I am about to wrap up the current projects and the sights will be back on my ride. I will not stop until I either die or it runs! I would say you and I are a lot alike. Thats one awesome build you did and in a short period of time. Of course mine has be ongoing for some time now.
Old 04-27-2011, 04:14 PM
On The Tree

Default Ls2

Tsnow,

I cannot wait to see your baby running! I thought I would be ready for the Power Tour but doesn't look like that will happen... one step forward, two steps back! I guess this is what happens when an "LS2 transplant w/ brake upgrade" turns into a full-blown resto-mod! Oh well, aat least she'll be perfect upon the roll-out!

Tango
Attached Thumbnails LQ4/T56 into my 69 Camaro-bad-dash1.jpg   LQ4/T56 into my 69 Camaro-bad-dash4.jpg   LQ4/T56 into my 69 Camaro-subframe1.jpg   LQ4/T56 into my 69 Camaro-rear-wheels-fit.jpg   LQ4/T56 into my 69 Camaro-bad-dash.jpg  

LQ4/T56 into my 69 Camaro-subframe.jpg   LQ4/T56 into my 69 Camaro-my-babies-1994.jpg  
Old 04-27-2011, 04:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I hang my head in shame,

but it's looking good,

T, I was at Brians last week looking at all your nice stuff!!!
Old 04-27-2011, 04:24 PM
On The Tree

Default Ls2

Thanks Steve! I try to go by once a week to laugh/cry/experience all human emotion... No fault of Brian's though... He is truly a perfectionist and I want it done right this time!

Hopefully this is the LAST of the metal that needs "fixin'" and we can get down to business of getting her on the road!

BTW, you working the shuttle launch?? If so, be prepared to wait in looonnnggg traffic lines (I'll be the guy flying by in the helo!)
Old 04-28-2011, 04:15 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by tango68ss
Tsnow,

I cannot wait to see your baby running! I thought I would be ready for the Power Tour but doesn't look like that will happen... one step forward, two steps back! I guess this is what happens when an "LS2 transplant w/ brake upgrade" turns into a full-blown resto-mod! Oh well, aat least she'll be perfect upon the roll-out!

Tango
I cant wait to hear it run either. Looks like your project is moving right along. I know how frustrating it can be waiting on the body to be complete. Looks like your guy is going through every detail. You will be glad you waited. The happiest day of my life was the day I got the call from the body man, "hey I have your car ready for you to come pick up". It was the longest 2 hour ride of my life. But the 2 hours back I was one proud puppy. I did have one offer on the way home but nothing solid. Then reality hit the next morning as I still needed to do the interior, glass, etc, etc.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:12 PM
On The Tree

Default Ls2

HAH! Yeah, you are correct!! I still have a laundry list of "things to do when Brian is done!"... I just have to convince the Mrs. that it's all good!!

I'm hoping next week we will be mocking-up the engine and get the subframe back under her, get the gas tank in, plumb the rad, put the wheels on and make it a roller! ...re-wire the car, fix the power top, get the interior back in, weld up the exhaust, etc, etc, etc,...

I guess i could take my Thunderroad Ram on the PT...
Old 04-29-2011, 08:08 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by tango68ss
I just have to convince the Mrs. that it's all good!!
I am unsure of how long you have been married but I will tell you from experience it is easier to beg for forgiveness than to ever ask for permission! Sort of bassackwards thinking but it works. I like when my wife beats me home and finds boxes from the UPS or Fedex fairies. She will be standing there with her hands on hips and this little shitty look on her face. I just spin the tires and come back later. I am like "I told you what I bought before I ordered it and you didnt seem to have a problem with it then" sometimes that works sometimes not. Or its a gift for you baby!! That works as long as it doesnt have Summit or Speedway on the side of the box. She knows regardless if it was or wasnt a present for her she will be getting one either way. Or wait till after sex and she is laying there in bliss then drop the bomb on her. Trust me she will do the same thing to you!!! I throw the, **** woman look what you spend on makeup, hairspray, tampons, bras, haircuts and color, nice clothes for work, and all of the other bullshit that is not neccessary to sustain life, cant I spend a little on myself? Or you could say, it will make this car ride like a dream and you want to be in comfort dont you? Try to spin it back on her. Man I have talked my way out of so many *** chewings I cant begin to tell you. The easiest one is to go ahead and say, damn woman your putting on some weight aint ya? That will start a Holy war but will detour the arguement about the parts, she will feel ugly and will beg for your approval. Parts are in she feels wanted again, problem solved. I need to start a marriage counseling service just for the guys!!! Make sure the guns in your house arent loaded before attempting any of the above.
Old 04-29-2011, 08:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

That's what I did for my rims for the car,she will see them when I put them on!
Old 04-30-2011, 07:11 AM
On The Tree

Default Ls2

Tsnow, sage advice my friend!!... 29 yrs this June! I have done all of the above! Though with this project I just keep reminding her that she bought the 'vert! I was happy with my all-original '69 Matador Red RS! (see pic)... Though i feel this tactic is slowly waning and I must revert to another!

I did take her to Brian's to see the 'vert... luckily Brian's gal Franny was there to talk... It's always best to have another "Venusian" speak about how great this car is gonna be!
Attached Thumbnails LQ4/T56 into my 69 Camaro-my-babies-1994.jpg  

Quick Reply: LQ4/T56 into my 69 Camaro