Sponsored by:

Newb needs some help w 04 Goat harness

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2011, 04:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Newb needs some help w 04 Goat harness

the basterd keeps eating my vegetable patch... J/K

I have a complete pull out of an o4 goat, manual trans. No bcm. No underhood fuse block.

I cobbled-up a mess of schematics; 04 express van, the GTO specific stuff, Fbody connectors, etc, and bookmarked all the relevant threads from the forum. I did some homework, but my ADD is preventing the kickoff.

Now. I have the sucker on a homemade test stand. pics are for kids right ?

And I want to fire the thing up on the stand before poking it into the car. A 96 bubble caprice.

I know I can build my own fuse/relay box ala LT1swap.com instead of sourcing the big azz box. But I'm staring at C206 and for the life of me I dont know where to start.

I know that the I need to relay power to the fuel pump off the C206 #23 pin. But I'm at a loss as to the other pins and the ignition/start/run circuit. I know it's been said that w the fuse box there are just 6 or so wires to connect to vehicle harness. But if someone would be so kind as to bullet-point some instructions as to what I'll need to connect to C206 to get the thing started on the stand, I would be eternally grateful. heh

also aware that I need a bunch of stuff programmed out of the pcm.
Just want the basics, fuel, ignition, launch button.

Old 05-11-2011, 04:16 PM
Staging Lane

Default http://www.ls1tech.com/forums/editpost.php?do=editpost&p=14901460

Made some progress on my own.... The Start/Charge Harness seems simple enough.

What's that thick black wire ? body ground for the alternator ??

C106 has the Purple wire that excites the Starter solenoid/motor. And the Brown wire that provides alternator charge status.

To make life easier I figured I would go w the Current Perf fuse block for a c-note

So
step 1) wire a relay to the Purple wire from C106 to start position on the ign key. I leave the brown wire alone until I'm ready to mate it to the vehicle.

Turning my attention to connector 11 on this pic ->

It's at the top left, which is on the engine at the front/driver's side.

Anyone know what C# that connector is? EDIT: Nevermind, that's connector C101 found it over on LS2.com
I only have the following from someone's writeup (sorry forget where I got this)

a/c pressure switch( abs,clutch, CAGS, injector voltage, neutral switch, ground
gray/blue - neutral switch
green - a/c compressor clutch supply voltage (goes to PCM green connector #18, and connector #34 above
pink/blue - CAGS
light green - ignition voltage for driver side injectors
red - ignition voltage for passenger side injectors
black/red - ground

Don't wanna go about guessing, but I figured the LtGr and Red wires will go to the fuse block. As defined by this schema ->

Last edited by attilahooper; 05-11-2011 at 06:32 PM.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:10 PM
Launching!

Yes, the Lt green and Red go to the fuse box. I am working on the same harness. Did you get the PCM for the GTO? If not, you will need one. The O2 sensors are grounded differently for the older style PCM's. If you don't know already, the low speed fan and A/C request are handled by the BCM so, you will have to get them programmed in.
Old 05-11-2011, 07:38 PM
Staging Lane

yep, 04 gto pcm.

so, the PCM can be programmed to handle the fans and A/C instead of the BCM ?
Old 05-12-2011, 07:10 AM
Launching!

It may be able to. I have been in contact with Brendan at Lt1swap.com and he said there are several tables to chose from to turn on the A/C request signal. One of them is the Van diagram you mentioned. The high speed fan relay signal can be programmed in, also.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:35 AM
Staging Lane

a body shop owner I'm friends with did an LT1 swap into a real nice, one owner, original paint, pontiac parisienne. He made up a custom circuit to control fans using some kinda thermistor on the rad I think. He didn't want or know how to **** with the B-body PCM I guess.

but that's good to know Anth. I talked to Scott @ pcm4less about flashing my pcm, I'll have to see what he says.
Old 05-13-2011, 12:08 PM
Staging Lane

Check out my ****-hot wiring schematic drawing skillzz.... heh

Again, I'm looking for the minimum equipment list to get this pos started on the stand. Looks like C106 (starter circuit), C101, and C206 have everything.

C101 located at front of motor, driver side. C106 is off the starter charger circuit, front passenger side. C209 is the big boy, I think it ends up near the pcm on the driver's inner fender.

Last edited by attilahooper; 05-13-2011 at 12:29 PM.
Old 05-18-2011, 01:50 PM
Staging Lane

improved start circuit schematic

Quick Reply: Newb needs some help w 04 Goat harness