Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Not your usual LS1/T56 Bmw

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2011, 02:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gnx7
If you haven't bought a clutch setup yet..... I would recommend the Quartermaster 7.25" triple disc setup. 14lbs complete. Replacement discs are cheap too. I have one behind a 438ci ARE dry sump setup with GForce GSR dog box and 3.27 gears in an 8.8" Cobra IRS diff in a race car RX-7. 2470lbs with 7 gallons of gas. no driver

Upshifts are a simple light lift on the throttle and it pretty much falls right into gear. Super fast shifting. Downshifts are similar with slower turns from fast speeds requiring the use of a clutch so you don't lock up the rear wheels.

I'm selling a Dailey billet dry sump setup in the classifieds. I would highly suggest it for a serious road race car.
I don't have a clutch setup yet, throttle lift will not even be needed with the link ecu! What first gear do you run in the trans, how is it in the paddock?

Link to the drysump setup? It's in my plan to use one.
Old 11-01-2011, 02:15 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 167 Likes on 110 Posts

It isn't pleasant in the paddock The lightweight clutch setup wants to make the engine buck/surge. I try to get into 2nd as quickly as possible once out on the track. That being said even with the 335/30/18 slicks out back warmed up I can roast them from low speeds without effort in 2nd.

Link to dry sump.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...ump-setup.html
Old 02-15-2012, 04:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Having fun with electronics ... it should be fine!

So, Link ecu -> pista mxl dash/data logger -> smartcam which will overlay all the data!

Thanks to Bimmerworld christmas specials (and their patience for dealing with me!) Also got the BW wing foil during the specials, no pictures of that tho!

Quick Reply: Not your usual LS1/T56 Bmw