Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Project-89 Coupe LSX Re-swap, now going turbo

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2012, 09:40 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Guess I need to call customer service too lol Whats your plans for the throttle body, I'm thinking about ordering the matching edelbrock one but havent really seen anything about them. Currently running the stock cable and throttle body and it just doesnt look to nice.
Old 11-29-2012, 06:33 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Tweek
Guess I need to call customer service too lol Whats your plans for the throttle body, I'm thinking about ordering the matching edelbrock one but havent really seen anything about them. Currently running the stock cable and throttle body and it just doesnt look to nice.
I have a NW 92mm tb but the mounting holes don't line up so I guess I'm going to have to sale it and buy the Edelbrock one.
Old 11-29-2012, 12:46 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow....Hoping to start a Fox Coupe Swap soon and I am drooling over yours....Now I know exactly how to do the engine compartment to make it look as good as it runs.....Keep it up.
Old 12-03-2012, 08:53 PM
Launching!

Made a little progress yesterday. Got the standalone harness laid out and everything plugged up, intake manifold and tb mounted, decided to paint that old nasty alternator, and mess with the factory wiring. In order to make the factory wiring a little easier we ended up taking out the dash.

Old 12-03-2012, 09:04 PM
Launching!

I decided to just run my NW 92mm. Had to drill 2 holes in the intake for the bottom 2 tb holes but it was easy plus I didn't loose money on this tb and have to pay more for the Edelbrock one.

Can you post a pic of the throttle cable bracket? I picked up a used one locally and it didnt come with the bracket. I used the stock fbody one but it looks bulky on it. What throttle cable you plan on using?
Here is the pic of the throttle cable bracket
Old 12-05-2012, 08:24 AM
12 Second Club

Awesome build man! I'm kinda interested in doing a build just like this. What has to be done to make a T56 work in a foxbody? Ie: transmission tunnel, hydraulics, and whatnot? What issues have you ran into?
Old 12-05-2012, 07:13 PM
On The Tree

Thanks for the pictures. I bit bullet and ordered the edelbrock 90mm throttle body yesterday. Should be there before I get home, going to try to retune and make it to the track on the 16th.
Old 12-05-2012, 11:43 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sube
Awesome build man! I'm kinda interested in doing a build just like this. What has to be done to make a T56 work in a foxbody? Ie: transmission tunnel, hydraulics, and whatnot? What issues have you ran into?
+1 on everything he said lol
Old 12-06-2012, 07:51 AM
Launching!

I had to use a hammer just a bit on the tunnel up by the bell housing, but nothing major at all. The trans fits pretty nice in there for the most part. Only problem I don't like is the shifter location. Its back about 4 inches or so from where it probably should be. I know I can flip the motor mounts to bring it forward a little bit but I don't think it will bring it forward no where near what I need. I wanted the motor to sit as far back as possible for weigh, so thats why I have the motor mounts the way I do, which is what most people do. I guess they don't have this problem cause most people are autos. Only other pic I have been able to find on a fox with a t56 they had this problem as well. As far as hydraulics go I found a pedal setup out of a turbo coupe for the hydraulic clutch setup, since the mustang is cable from the factory. I have a Wilwood master cylinder I am going to try to use, I was told its the one that most rx7 swapped LS cars use. I should be getting around to installing all these things this weekend or next and I will post back with what I find out.

Thanks for the pictures. I bit bullet and ordered the edelbrock 90mm throttle body yesterday. Should be there before I get home, going to try to retune and make it to the track on the 16th.
Gotcha, if you don't mind post up your results from the track if you make it out.
Old 12-06-2012, 08:11 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Love this build and the color on your coupe!! Im doing the typical 6.0/TH400 I have a 4l60 but I don't have the funds to build one.. I have a long list of stuff that needs to be done =( but your build def keeps me motivated! Thanks
Old 12-06-2012, 12:54 PM
11 Second Club

still waiting !!!!!!!!!
Old 12-06-2012, 01:14 PM
Launching!

Thanks guys, can't wait to get it done!

Originally Posted by 98blueSScamaro
still waiting !!!!!!!!!
Haha! Gonna be a bit still. Once it is done it will be even longer until the track opens!!
Old 12-06-2012, 07:20 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 95civic2005
I had to use a hammer just a bit on the tunnel up by the bell housing, but nothing major at all. The trans fits pretty nice in there for the most part. Only problem I don't like is the shifter location. Its back about 4 inches or so from where it probably should be. I know I can flip the motor mounts to bring it forward a little bit but I don't think it will bring it forward no where near what I need. I wanted the motor to sit as far back as possible for weigh, so thats why I have the motor mounts the way I do, which is what most people do. I guess they don't have this problem cause most people are autos. Only other pic I have been able to find on a fox with a t56 they had this problem as well. As far as hydraulics go I found a pedal setup out of a turbo coupe for the hydraulic clutch setup, since the mustang is cable from the factory. I have a Wilwood master cylinder I am going to try to use, I was told its the one that most rx7 swapped LS cars use. I should be getting around to installing all these things this weekend or next and I will post back with what I find out.

Gotcha, if you don't mind post up your results from the track if you make it out.
I'll make sure to post up results, hopefully even some videos. As far as the clutch setup, I'm actually using the wilwood master and line from my rx7 swap. I pretty much copied ziptied's build on her. Leverage point might be alittle off because the pedal is alittle stiff but I dont mind. Attached a pic so you can see where the master is located.
Attached Thumbnails Project-89 Coupe LSX Re-swap, now going turbo-engine-bay.jpg  
Old 12-06-2012, 07:35 PM
12 Second Club

I'll make sure to post up results, hopefully even some videos. As far as the clutch setup, I'm actually using the wilwood master and line from my rx7 swap. I pretty much copied ziptied's build on her. Leverage point might be alittle off because the pedal is alittle stiff but I dont mind. Attached a pic so you can see where the master is located.
Thank you for posting that pic. Can you link Ziptie's thread? Did a search for that username and didn't pull it up.
Old 12-06-2012, 07:39 PM
12 Second Club

Never mind, found it: https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...onversion.html
Old 12-06-2012, 08:00 PM
On The Tree

Sorry about that I posted the wrong SN, was just coming to post the link.
Old 12-07-2012, 07:51 AM
12 Second Club

Question and this might be one that everyone already knows on mustang swaps: but why did you remove the swaybar? Are you going to relocate it or is it in the way of the motor? Also are you keeping AC in the car?
Old 12-07-2012, 08:12 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I was able to retain the sway on mine. I think people mostly remove it to save weight and make more room. Just a guess though. I prefer a little better street manners.
Old 12-07-2012, 10:16 AM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Badass build! subscribed!
Old 12-07-2012, 11:12 AM
Teching In

ver nice build...im doing this swap on my 90 hatch as well but with a th400, what alternator bracket did u use to mount it on the bottom? also how did u have the stand alon harness set up im looking to ge one as well but cant seem to find much info on them?

Quick Reply: Project-89 Coupe LSX Re-swap, now going turbo