Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Questions about ls conversion into a bodydropped s10

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2012, 02:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions about ls conversion into a bodydropped s10

Hey whats up guys so as the Title reads, I have a 2001 bagged and bodydropped s10 that currently has the 2.2 flex fuel motor in it. I picked up a LM7 out of a 05 tahoe. Keeping the stock hood on the truck so i gotta make the height as short as possible. I've read around and relize I need the car manifold and the corvette ls2 oilpan. Those are the two things im certain I need. Curious about the car intake. What are my options on this can I get any manifold or are there certain carmaro year ranges I need to look for? Also heard I could use the ls6 manifold with the ls1 injectors. Im really more of a fabricator then a machanic so this is new territory for me. really any help would be appreciated. Also with the oilpan that i will need, what years corvettes should i look for?
Old 08-20-2012, 02:49 PM
Teching In

Heres a few pics of my truck and the motor. Ive done everything to this truck since I got it back in 07.

Old 08-20-2012, 02:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

the LM7 should have Cathedral ported heads.. so.. an LS1 or LS6 intake should mate up. This being the F-Body, Vetts and GTO intakes from 97-05, the LS1/LS6 are pretty much phyiscally the same with just different internal port runners and EGR Ports. The LS6 intakes didn't have EGR Ports. recommend that if you can find one at a good price ($300-$350 avg or less). As some of the Vette LS1 also.

Injectors and Fuel rail are the same just different flow ratings.

You could get away with just about any vette one except the Batwing ones. I recall the F-body pan are good for you also.

BC
Old 08-20-2012, 06:12 PM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Lot of guys are gonna say you need the ls2 pan, I'm bagged and have a ls1 with the stock pan and there is plenty of ground clearance. There a couple other bagged guys over on s10forum as well that run the ls1 pan. You have to notch for it but you will have to notch for the other pan to, you can save some coin going with the ls1 pan but up to you. Good looking truck by the way.
Old 08-20-2012, 07:46 PM
Teching In

Thanks for the responses guys.

BCZEE: thanks for the info on the manifolds thats excatly what i needed to know. Im in AZ and plan to keep it emission legal. Would getting a manifold with or without the egr ports make a differance emission wise? As far as the Fuel rails go, the motor will basically stay stock for a while..could possibly do mild cam way down the road but for most part stayin stock so Fuel injectors off a camaro would probably be good for me im guessing. and im guessing for fuel rails i want to stay in the 97-05 year range too?

10droped: Thanks man, So the pans off the camaros work fine then.. what year range camaros?
Old 08-20-2012, 08:20 PM
On The Tree

No problem any of the 98/02 fbodys that had a ls1 are the same. And for the EGR port if u decided not to run it you would have it tuned out so your ses light stays off, but depending on ur emssions test if they do a visual you might have to keep it. Maybe others from your area will chime in.
Old 08-20-2012, 11:44 PM
Teching In

Sweet thanks again man. I know they don't do a visual inspection under hood so good as far as that goes.
Old 08-21-2012, 02:38 PM
Teching In

Sorry guys another quick question for you s10 peeps. Since im bodydropped my motor is higher obviously.....Anyone on here know if i can keep the alternator in the stock place?
Old 08-21-2012, 03:05 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You're going to need the corvette accessory setup to clear the hood. Truck accessories barely clear the hood on stock trucks, but a body dropped truck is either going to require a hole in the hood with the alt sticking thru or a different accessory bracket. Some I've seen use custom brackets, but as far as off the shelf solutions it's corvette or bust.
Old 08-21-2012, 03:52 PM
On The Tree

Or look into the qwik performance brackets would be an other option. I have there fbody bracket and everything from the car bolted up to it.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:39 PM
Teching In

Lol no holes will ever be put on my stock hood...Thats just a lazy persons easy way out.. Been lookin around and will probably go with the Dirty dingo kit to drop the alt down and bring the ps pump up. Comes with everything needed for around $400 so thats not to bad. Been looking around at some c6 pan kits and have been able to find a couple sites that have kits to buy that include everything needed, so thats good.
Old 09-26-2012, 01:44 PM
Teching In

almost forgot...anyone know the stock gm ls1 waterpump part number?

Quick Reply: Questions about ls conversion into a bodydropped s10