Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

96 impala ss 5.3 swap

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2013, 01:33 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 96 impala ss 5.3 swap

hey guys iam new into the ls world, I have a 96 impala ss with a lt1 and build 4l60e. I just picked up a 2002 5.3 out of a Silverado. I plan on goin 5.3 turbo. but I plan on getting the motor running n/a first.

my biggest question is wiring.. doin the swap is not a big deal for me, iam just not sure on how to go about hooking my 96 harness into the 5.3 harness.. any help would be great id like to keep my tranny for now
Old 04-29-2013, 02:11 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We have mated several of these harnesses. There isnt a way to make a 100% new plug and play lsx harness for the b-body. However, if we are sent the harness from the b-body we can mate a whole new section onto the harness.

You can wire in a stand alone, but you would have to mount a second fuseblock and some other things. The ones we built everything mounted factory locations and all the gauges worked 100%.

If you decide to do it yourself there is a lot of info out there, we even answer questions on this forum in what little spare time we have. Feel free to contact us if you would like us to help you out.

Standalone LS Swap Harnesses IN STOCK!
LSX, LTX Stand alone swap harnesses. S10 LSX conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses, 24x conversion PLUG AND PLAY harnesses. LT1 to LSX PLUG AND PLAY Harnesses.
sales@bp-automotive.com
www.bp-automotive.com
1-888-467-4491
Old 04-29-2013, 02:46 PM
Teching In

thanks for the info. I may contact u in the near future
Old 04-29-2013, 03:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 251 Likes on 175 Posts

Bill just finished my harness for my ImpSS. Though I did a 24x conversion, not a full LSx swap. He's awesome to deal with and his harnesses are beyond perfect.

Also see this thread for EVERYthing you want to know.
http://www.impalassforum.com/vBullet...d.php?t=228454

Also these guys are the innovators of LSx into a B-body

http://www.hotrodlane.cc/
Old 05-23-2013, 07:13 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by SAPPER
Bill just finished my harness for my ImpSS. Though I did a 24x conversion, not a full LSx swap. He's awesome to deal with and his harnesses are beyond perfect.
I used Bill's DIY kit and I was very impressed with the quality and happy with how much it simplified the wiring side of the swap.

Also see this thread for EVERYthing you want to know.
http://www.impalassforum.com/vBullet...d.php?t=228454
WOW... that has to be one of the most convoluted sticky of misinformation and worthless BS I've ever tried to read. I'm glad I'm not relying on that thread to educate myself on the LSx platform and/or B-body cars.
Old 05-23-2013, 08:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by krwyellowZ28
WOW... that has to be one of the most convoluted sticky of misinformation and worthless BS I've ever tried to read. I'm glad I'm not relying on that thread to educate myself on the LSx platform and/or B-body cars.
That's pretty stupid to say! The first post alone is alot of the info needed for a swap into B-bodies. Granted it's pretty old and outdated but the info is accurate.

BUt since you're apparently a SME on this, please enlighten us.
Old 05-23-2013, 10:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

That's pretty stupid to say! The first post alone is alot of the info needed for a swap into B-bodies. Granted it's pretty old and outdated but the info is accurate.

BUt since you're apparently a SME on this, please enlighten us.
First off, GA95DCMSS and a couple other guys are clearly very knowledgeable on the LS engines and provide great info. The first couple posts are legit and informative, and the kind of info most people with the ability to do a swap want to see. The thread title is "LS SWAP BASICS", but instead it quickly turned into "LS ENGINES 101: I'm too lazy to use other forums".

I only got through skimming the first 9 pages of 90, and couldn't handle the "how much hp can a 6.0 make?", "why does an LQ9 make more power?", and my favorite response:
Originally Posted by 9C1'Stangkiller
A lot. And by a lot, I mean more than a mere mortal should be able to make on a stock short block. I've seen 450rwhp (cam only) Camaros sprayed with a 300 shot, I've seen cam only turbo'd trucks put down 700hp to the tires. From what I understand, they have forged pistons from the factory, so you can really lean on 'em. I was thinking L92 heads, victor intake and lots of nitrous would be fun on a 6oh.

I'm done muddying up LSX IMPALASS's thread... if you have any other worthless comments to direct at me, feel free to shoot me a PM.

LSX IMPALASS, start a build thread when you start tearing into it... sounds like a great project that a lot of guys would like to see.
Old 05-23-2013, 11:00 AM
TECH Fanatic

Great. another 96capricemgr!

Quick Reply: 96 impala ss 5.3 swap