Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Few Plug ID Questions On 99 Harness

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2013, 02:23 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Few Plug ID Questions On 99 Harness

I'm Working on a wiring harness right now , and there is a few plugs I'm Either not finding the Schematic on ALL data , or Mitchell. I'm beating my head against the wall trying to figure these plugs out. Harness is 99 Camaro Manual Trans.
I'm Going to Post the pictures of the connector , and where about it is located.
First plug is located about a foot past the connectors going into the column.
It's in the Harness coming into the car from the under hood electrical connector.

The second plug looks to go somewhere around the passenger side as its just a touch longer than the two interior connectors the ling to the harness.

Old 09-02-2013, 02:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 104 Likes on 73 Posts

The top connector is not 99 camaro. It's a throttle actuator control module TACC connector for a drive by wire harness. All 99 camaro harnesses are drive by cable. You will also notice there is not a iac connector only a dbw throttle body connector.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:42 PM
Launching!

So what year are you saying it is. Judging by everything else I have cleaned up it lined up with 99. I was actually thinking that but that part of the harness goes from under the hood into the car. The Tac Module is generally under the hood tho. Let me check a schematic for tac module.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 104 Likes on 73 Posts

Could be a vette harness. Are the PCM connectors red/blue or blue/green?

Look at the throttle body connectors. If its missing the pin TPS connector its DBW.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:00 PM
Launching!

What your not understanding is the car has 3 harness's. The motor harness, The Interior Harness , and the Underhood fuseblock harness . The underhood is what the tac looking connector is. Let me take another picture here so you can understand .

As you can see the "pass thru" Then the rest is inside the car. There isn't another plug under the hood for a tac module.

I was told By the customer it was a 99 Camaro. I got it out of the car and fuse block was bolted in when I picked up the harness. While I enjoy wiring its always fun pickup up somebody's basket case. But I guess that why they pay for it.

Old 09-02-2013, 04:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by aknovaman
The top connector is not 99 camaro. It's a throttle actuator control module TACC connector for a drive by wire harness. All 99 camaro harnesses are drive by cable. You will also notice there is not a iac connector only a dbw throttle body connector.
This is absolutely correct. You have a DBW harness shown here. The very first picture is the connector that plugs into the TAC module.

Show us the connectors at the throttle body and we'll be able to tell you more.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:25 AM
Launching!

Bump...
Old 09-04-2013, 08:29 AM
TECH Addict

Received 47 Likes on 31 Posts

Second connection goes to the auto shifter. Houses the starter switch, reverse light switch and p/neutral switch

DBW 99 Camaro points to V6 harness
Old 09-04-2013, 11:58 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Pocket
Second connection goes to the auto shifter. Houses the starter switch, reverse light switch and p/neutral switch

DBW 99 Camaro points to V6 harness
I was kind of starting to think that dbw myself. But never thought to check v6 harness. I pulled it all out anyways so I'm good. Strange that it was v6 , and stick tho.

Quick Reply: Few Plug ID Questions On 99 Harness