Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

New Hooker G-Body LS Swap System Preview

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2015, 07:21 PM
Banned

Received 203 Likes on 123 Posts

Just so there's a base level of understanding here, Holley or any other manufacturer has no control over the posting of shipping/ availability dates posted on a distributor's website. If you don't see an application listed with a "buy it now" button on the Holley website then it is not yet officially available. As to the question of origin previously posted... Holley 303-2 oil pan- cast overseas, machined in Bowling Green KY, Hooker headers and exhaust systems- fabricated in Aberdeen MS, Hooker engine brackets and transmission crossmembers- fabricated in Minnesota.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:38 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mOtOrHeAd MiKe
Since I belong to the Army, I understand the significance of timings and the severe consequences in missing them; including loss of life. So please do not feel the obligation to preach to me about such things.

That's nice. But, these are special order parts that are fresh to market - and if you expected that deadlines were going to be respected, and you banked on them being met: you were kidding yourself. So yes, you have indicated that you feel entitled to the parts because you ordered them, and you will in time receive them. However, if you wanted timely delivery of readily available parts to get your car running (and your wife happy) you would not be playing around in a hobby.

So why are you publicly badgering the manufacturer if you bought the parts from a distributor? I could possibly see your approach if you had purchased the parts directly from Holley (at a higher price point, and without free shipping, no less), and then found no satisfaction in dealing with them directly. But, no - your issue is with Summit; so why drag Holley through the mud simply because they are not able to pump out brand new parts at the rate you demand? Supply and demand; and demand is outweighing supply at this time - pretty simple economics.

Well boo-hoo.

Again, this is a "you issue". Why should Summit (or Holley for that matter) really give a crap about your poor planning or life choices? Yet there you sit feeling obligated to make business difficult for Holley - who to date, in this thread, has provided outstanding communication directly to the consumer. Communication is the only thing that you are "owed" for your $1100 investment on your brand new special order parts.

So to sum up your beef: Your advice is that if you have a hobby car and want to customize it with brand new special order parts you may have to wait for parts? Thanks, Tips.

Welcome to the age of hyper-immediacy and instant-gratification.
Lol this a great post...you talk about people like you know them personally. Never met you or ever hope to but I love the hypocrisy in your email. Please don't pretend to know what goes on in peoples lives moron.

Judging by your responses you also have no clue how businesses work. Preach on mental midget! Preach on! Distributors get their dates from somewhere...wonder how anyone finds out about the release of a product.

And it has nothing to do with making the wife happy retard it has to do with a growing family and the fact I got a better job. Unfortunately can't take it al with u....the buck stops with Holley. They make great products but if it isn't ready, don't advertise it as such.

Last edited by BanditDave; 02-05-2015 at 08:16 PM.
Old 02-05-2015, 08:16 PM
Banned

Hey banditdave. I empathize will your frustration as I too would want to receive anything I purchase ASAP. New product launches are tricky to manage as the first runs of each part are manually executed due to the automatic re-order signals of our system not becoming active until the 1st runs begin to sell through. We have to load all new parts in our system prior to building them for the first time so that proper accounting of the manufacturing process can take place. Once the part numbers are in the system, they can be accessed by a reseller and posted on their website even before an official product release has been sent out announcing their availability. I am careful to label all of these Hooker LS swap threads I manage "preview" threads as I start them long before release dates are yet known. I apologize for any mis-information you may have received regarding your purchase and hope you are able to soon recieve the parts and enjoy their benefits.
Old 02-05-2015, 08:34 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Toddoky
Hey banditdave. I empathize will your frustration as I too would want to receive anything I purchase ASAP. New product launches are tricky to manage as the first runs of each part are manually executed due to the automatic re-order signals of our system not becoming active until the 1st runs begin to sell through. We have to load all new parts in our system prior to building them for the first time so that proper accounting of the manufacturing process can take place. Once the part numbers are in the system, they can be accessed by a reseller and posted on their website even before an official product release has been sent out announcing their availability. I am careful to label all of these Hooker LS swap threads I manage "preview" threads as I start them long before release dates are yet known. I apologize for any mis-information you may have received regarding your purchase and hope you are able to soon recieve the parts and enjoy their benefits.
Todd I appreciate your response and am sorry for junking up your thread. I was more pissed at people like Mike who make unprovoked attacks on people constantly.

Honestly he has no impact on me whatsoever so he can say whatever he wants. What frustrates me and others I have spoken with is that dates are in print...then it comes and goes. That would be fine if money was not taken...that should not happen.

Will I get stuff from holley...absolutely! And again i will modify my post so that it better conveys the situation. Annoying when know it alls question peoples motivation and act like they understand things. I work 60 hrs a week and am going part time for my PhD at night so I get a little upset when people talk to me about self entitlement...maybe in 10 years I'll have that paper...hahaha

I unfortunately had a buyer for the car contingent on me finalizing the swap with the holley kit end of February...when that was missed, he backed out...sucks.

It's my problem but I planned around information give by several reputable companies.

End of the world, no. Has just made things a lot more complicated...haha

Best,
Dave
Old 02-07-2015, 11:39 PM
Teching In

98-02 Fbody headers fit good. Just competed a swap
Old 02-07-2015, 11:50 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by marine02
Are you using the new hooker mounts?
Old 02-08-2015, 05:38 AM
Teching In

The practical break point between needing a 2.5" or 3" system is around 425HP.

Yes, the Monte Carlo tailpipe kits are an option that are purchased separately.
Will the exhaust kit ever be available without the mufflers?
Old 02-08-2015, 06:18 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by 84oldshurst
Will the exhaust kit ever be available without the mufflers?
I don't see that happening, what is your preferred muffler?
Old 02-08-2015, 06:22 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by marine02
I'd love to compare fitment/clearance characteristics between the Hooker long tubes and what you're using as it would be very beneficial to those shopping for components.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I'd love to compare fitment/clearance characteristics between the Hooker long tubes and what you're using as it would be very beneficial to those shopping for components.
I used 98-02 F-body long tubes from Texas Speed and they fit pretty damn good with the 1 inch set back plates. Driver side needed 0 mods and the passenger side needed the typical dent of the one primary tube. Not sure if they would fit with non set back plates but can't beat the fact that they fit pretty well and they can be removed after installed in about 15 minutes.
Old 02-08-2015, 01:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by llorracs93s10
I used 98-02 F-body long tubes from Texas Speed and they fit pretty damn good with the 1 inch set back plates. Driver side needed 0 mods and the passenger side needed the typical dent of the one primary tube. Not sure if they would fit with non set back plates but can't beat the fact that they fit pretty well and they can be removed after installed in about 15 minutes.
If you want to post critical fitment and groung clearance photos on this thread go ahead and post em' up so others can see comparative results. What trans are you using? The biggest issues I've seen with other headers for this application are ground clearance of the collectors and having to cut up the 4L80 trans case for installation in those applications.
Old 02-08-2015, 02:07 PM
Teching In

I don't see that happening, what is your preferred muffler?
Ive had mostly magnaflow, but for this 84hurst olds project im thinking between magnaflow or borla.

I just want to thank you not only for putting effort in creating parts for out g-bodies vehicles but also for being on this forum helping with our questions. When other major companies dont even acknowledge our cars.

These are parts most of us with lil to no fabrication skills have been wishing on for years. Major reason why i didnt cry or complain while waiting to receive my long tube headers, crossmember, motor mounts and oil pan.

Last edited by 84oldshurst; 02-08-2015 at 02:34 PM.
Old 02-08-2015, 03:48 PM
Banned

Ive had mostly magnaflow, but for this 84hurst olds project im thinking between magnaflow or borla.

I just want to thank you not only for putting effort in creating parts for out g-bodies vehicles but also for being on this forum helping with our questions. When other major companies dont even acknowledge our cars.

These are parts most of us with lil to no fabrication skills have been wishing on for years. Major reason why i didnt cry or complain while waiting to receive my long tube headers, crossmember, motor mounts and oil pan.
You may be pleased to know that the mufflers used in all our LS swap systems were designed specifically for the purpose and are similar in their internal construction to the Magnaflow mufflers (perforated core absorption muffler) which means they will also sound similar since they are roughly the same case size.

No problem with the help, I find it to be one of the more enjoyable aspects of my job. I have also noticed a distinct absence of most of our competitors on this and other forums that I follow...they seem to show up to say they have some new swap headers that are being released and then disappear without providing any fitment details or showing any installed photos of the products to show what you can expect from them.

Holley is very serious about the LS swap market and providing components that improve the results of the swaps being undertaken.
Old 02-08-2015, 04:34 PM
Teching In

The truck accessory drive set-up is the only one that will clear the 600 series boxes with the Hooker engine brackets.
Sorry to ask this when its seems its been covered, but i need to assure myself. I will be installing your whole new holley/hooker gbody product line. Oil pan, motor mounts, headers, trans crossmember, full accessory drive kit..ext.

I would like to keep my engine's vvt system. Which means i would have to install a truck's accessory spacer alignment..right? And with that brings up clearance issues with the steering box. If i run the smaller cts ps pulley with a 600 steering box everything should clear?

Last edited by 84oldshurst; 02-08-2015 at 04:46 PM.
Old 02-08-2015, 05:09 PM
Banned

Sorry to ask this when its seems its been covered, but i need to assure myself. I will be installing your whole new holley/hooker gbody product line. Oil pan, motor mounts, headers, trans crossmember, full accessory drive kit..ext.

I would like to keep my engine's vvt system. Which means i would have to install a truck's accessory spacer alignment..right? And with that brings up clearance issues with the steering box. If i run the smaller cts ps pulley with a 600 steering box everything should clear?
I'm not sure what you'll need to retain the VVT functionality, so someone more knowledgable of that system will have to help you out with that. The Holley accessory drive is only installable at the Corvette (short) offset spacing and then only with the OE quick ratio 700 series power steering box. If you want to run the 600 box with the Hooker setup you can only do so with the stock truck accessory drive.
Old 02-08-2015, 10:26 PM
Teching In

Are this ls swap mufflers available for purchase individually?
Old 02-09-2015, 12:15 AM
Banned

Are this ls swap mufflers available for purchase individually?
Yes they are.
Old 02-09-2015, 01:36 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by
Toddoky - I guess the kit included PSpulley I can't use with the Vette spacing. You figure I will be able to send it back for a refund? It's a $50 part. Thx for the help. Found the CTS-V pulley for $30 new. Toddoky;18620099
Just send the unused pulley back and you'll get a refund.
So would i be able to purchase the full exhaust system and return the unused mufflers for a refund? In theory its exactly the same thing, both items are sold individually and in kits. I have no use in my set up for hooker mufflers as he does for a corvette pulley.

Last edited by 84oldshurst; 02-09-2015 at 01:48 AM.
Old 02-09-2015, 07:57 AM
Banned

So would i be able to purchase the full exhaust system and return the unused mufflers for a refund? In theory its exactly the same thing, both items are sold individually and in kits. I have no use in my set up for hooker mufflers as he does for a corvette pulley.
That user has a receipt for the pulley as a separate line item; when you purchase an exhaust system the price for the components is inclusive and bundled to be able to offer it to the user at the best possible price, so there's no way to easily extract the cost of the mufflers.

I see where you coming from in practical terms, but I don't work in Sales I can't say whether or not you'd get anywhere on the phone with Holley trying to make such a return for credit. You would have to proceed knowing there is a possibility that you would not be able to get what you are asking...I honestly just don't know. You would probably have better luck and actually make a few extra bucks in your pocket just selling the mufflers on ebay.

If your thought is to swap them out for Magnaflow mufflers, be aware that you would be swapping out 304SS TIG welded mufflers (Hooker mufflers) for 409SS MIG welded mufflers (Magnaflow).
Old 02-09-2015, 08:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Look at my cutlass thread I have vvt . I used a modified truck bracket 2010 camaro water pump and Holley Ac bracket ps pulley from Buick lecerne

Quick Reply: New Hooker G-Body LS Swap System Preview