Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2015, 09:03 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jimmyg
Just use the holley mounts. Mine fit like a glove
They are on order

Originally Posted by Toddoky
Thanks for reporting your findings steve40, now I can include a definite note of non-compatibility with the BRP mounts in our G-body swap data sheet. I figured there would be contact issues between the headers and the frame for you with that combination.
No problem, I just wanted to let you know what I found, from our conversations it sounded like this would happen. I'm still very happy with the purchase!
Old 01-30-2015, 01:04 PM
On The Tree

I used the Prothane equivalent to that mount, which is the 7-1604 part number. Even though they are both listed to replace the same OE rubber mount, the Prothane is the same height as that mount but the Energy Suspension part is taller so I didn't use it. If you use the Energy Suspension part you will probably have interference between the trans case and the tunnel sheet metal.
Thanks for clearing that up. At least I know what route to go if the ES one doesn't pan out.
Old 02-03-2015, 11:14 PM
TECH Resident

Just a quick update...still have not received headers or oil pan. Headers were supposed to ship last Friday as of my conversation with Summit two weeks ago. That milestone came and went. No update on the oil pan. If I do not see any progress within the next week then I will be selling the swap kit for those interested. It's no good to me without the pan and headers.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 02-04-2015, 12:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Location: Ottawa Ontario, Canada - where arguing "DA" is for the slow and weak...
Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by BanditDave
Just a quick update...still have not received headers or oil pan. Headers were supposed to ship last Friday as of my conversation with Summit two weeks ago. That milestone came and went. No update on the oil pan. If I do not see any progress within the next week then I will be selling the swap kit for those interested. It's no good to me without the pan and headers.

Thanks,
Dave
Old 02-04-2015, 01:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm glad I'm not the only one thinking that.
Old 02-04-2015, 01:47 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by mOtOrHeAd MiKe
Another J-off post out of you... Seems to be a habit of yours.
Old 02-04-2015, 02:09 PM
TECH Apprentice

How do you size the rear exhaust od? Is there a point when you need the 3" over the 2-1/2" version?

Also I'm I understanding this right, for a SS, you need an additional piece for the rear exit (42804/5)?
Old 02-04-2015, 02:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Location: Ottawa Ontario, Canada - where arguing "DA" is for the slow and weak...

Originally Posted by Streetracer09
Another J-off post out of you... Seems to be a habit of yours.
When people act like self-entitled keyboard cowboy tough guys I have a tendency to call them on it. Your response above indicates that you can identify with, and were subsequently offended by, the call out because you share a similar mindset with BanditDave.

Birds of a feather.
Old 02-04-2015, 02:30 PM
On The Tree

When people act like self-entitled keyboard cowboy tough guys I have a tendency to call them on it. Your response above indicates that you can identify with, and were subsequently offended by, the call out because you share a similar mindset with BanditDave.

Birds of a feather.

Whatever makes you feel better about being an *******....

Old 02-04-2015, 03:27 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 203 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by steve40
How do you size the rear exhaust od? Is there a point when you need the 3" over the 2-1/2" version?

Also I'm I understanding this right, for a SS, you need an additional piece for the rear exit (42804/5)?
The practical break point between needing a 2.5" or 3" system is around 425HP.

Yes, the Monte Carlo tailpipe kits are an option that are purchased separately.
Old 02-04-2015, 07:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I know, it's sucks waiting for parts. I've been waiting forever for my exhaust. But on a good note my Andrade cutty shirt showed up ��
Old 02-05-2015, 12:01 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

will the pulleys on your setup clear the lee 670 series steering gear?
Old 02-05-2015, 05:40 AM
TECH Resident

Birds of a feather.
Hey Mike, why did you feel the need to attack me? I don't know you nor have attack you. I come from an industry that gets you fired when dates are missed and if you take money and don't deliver, you get jailed.

When you say self-entitled, can you explain a little better? The reason I am selling the car is because I am getting ready to move anyway and was planning on getting a car for my wife which is actually happening today most likely.

I ordered everything around thanksgiving and dates have been missed non-stop and summit took a significant amount of money from me. I am not a rich man by any means and work very hard for every dime I make.

I am updating folks on what they can expect. I was told three weeks ago the headers will ship last Friday....now it's this Friday. The oil pan is still on back order and is supposed to be at Summit next week.

Since it sounds like you don't understand the words you use in the sentences you type, self entitlement has to do with believing you deserve things you did not rightfully earn. Since I paid over $1100 for headers and an oil pan I was told I would get in early December...and more importantly, would not be charged until they shipped, my beef is with Summit Racing and the fact they took my money contrary to what was written on their website and a more overarching issue with people today who feel it is acceptable to just blow by dates with no consequences. Since I barely have time to work on the car as it is and am going to school at night for an advanced degree, I do not see the point in holding on to the car any longer.

Is that a good enough explanation for you? Go back to your mom's basement and keep your comments to yourself. I want people to realize that this is quality stuff but because it is an integrated system, you need every piece of the puzzle and you may have to wait a longer time than advertised.
Old 02-05-2015, 06:43 AM
Staging Lane

Since both the 4th-gen F-body pan and the Holley 302-2 pan require the use of a 3/4 length windage tray it's a toss-up between the two of which would provide the best/easiest accommodation of a 4" stroke crank...the F-body pan would require notching of the crossmember to use and the Holley 302-2 pan requires an extremely small pop-out section to be added to the bottom center of the pan to clear the rods on the front crank throw. I've already seen pictures of someone who's done the mod to the Holley pan and it's a piece of cake in my opinion. I guess it could come down to whether you like fabricating in steel or aluminum.

That Autokraft pan may just work as the front of the Holley 302-2 pan is 1.25" tall and there is approximately 3/4" between the pan and the crossmember.
Can you post the pictures of the 302-2 pan that was modified? If you have them.
Old 02-05-2015, 08:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BanditDave
Hey Mike, why did you feel the need to attack me? I don't know you nor have attack you. I come from an industry that gets you fired when dates are missed and if you take money and don't deliver, you get jailed.
Since I belong to the Army, I understand the significance of timings and the severe consequences in missing them; including loss of life. So please do not feel the obligation to preach to me about such things.

When you say self-entitled, can you explain a little better? The reason I am selling the car is because I am getting ready to move anyway and was planning on getting a car for my wife which is actually happening today most likely.
That's nice. But, these are special order parts that are fresh to market - and if you expected that deadlines were going to be respected, and you banked on them being met: you were kidding yourself. So yes, you have indicated that you feel entitled to the parts because you ordered them, and you will in time receive them. However, if you wanted timely delivery of readily available parts to get your car running (and your wife happy) you would not be playing around in a hobby.

I ordered everything around thanksgiving and dates have been missed non-stop and summit took a significant amount of money from me. I am not a rich man by any means and work very hard for every dime I make.
So why are you publicly badgering the manufacturer if you bought the parts from a distributor? I could possibly see your approach if you had purchased the parts directly from Holley (at a higher price point, and without free shipping, no less), and then found no satisfaction in dealing with them directly. But, no - your issue is with Summit; so why drag Holley through the mud simply because they are not able to pump out brand new parts at the rate you demand? Supply and demand; and demand is outweighing supply at this time - pretty simple economics.

I am updating folks on what they can expect. I was told three weeks ago the headers will ship last Friday....now it's this Friday. The oil pan is still on back order and is supposed to be at Summit next week.
Well boo-hoo.

Since it sounds like you don't understand the words you use in the sentences you type, self entitlement has to do with believing you deserve things you did not rightfully earn. Since I paid over $1100 for headers and an oil pan I was told I would get in early December...and more importantly, would not be charged until they shipped, my beef is with Summit Racing and the fact they took my money contrary to what was written on their website and a more overarching issue with people today who feel it is acceptable to just blow by dates with no consequences. Since I barely have time to work on the car as it is and am going to school at night for an advanced degree, I do not see the point in holding on to the car any longer.
Again, this is a "you issue". Why should Summit (or Holley for that matter) really give a crap about your poor planning or life choices? Yet there you sit feeling obligated to make business difficult for Holley - who to date, in this thread, has provided outstanding communication directly to the consumer. Communication is the only thing that you are "owed" for your $1100 investment on your brand new special order parts.

Is that a good enough explanation for you? Go back to your mom's basement and keep your comments to yourself. I want people to realize that this is quality stuff but because it is an integrated system, you need every piece of the puzzle and you may have to wait a longer time than advertised.
So to sum up your beef: Your advice is that if you have a hobby car and want to customize it with brand new special order parts you may have to wait for parts? Thanks, Tips.

Welcome to the age of hyper-immediacy and instant-gratification.
Old 02-05-2015, 04:37 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by WFO_SS
will the pulleys on your setup clear the lee 670 series steering gear?
The truck accessory drive set-up is the only one that will clear the 600 series boxes with the Hooker engine brackets.
Old 02-05-2015, 04:44 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Number1
Can you post the pictures of the 302-2 pan that was modified? If you have them.
The photos previously mentioned were forwarded to me by a Holley Tech Service employee about a year ago and I'll have to do some detective work to identify who it was again.let me see what I can do.
Old 02-05-2015, 06:06 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

I looked at pics of the lee 670 compact quick ratio box it looks a lot smaller that a run of the mill saginaw 600 so it just might work. In my opinion anyway
Old 02-05-2015, 06:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

FWIW the guy has every right to be pissed, he's been lied to.

My guess is that the stuff was made in china, and is held up in the labor disagreement at the ports of long beach, and la.
Old 02-05-2015, 07:04 PM
TECH Resident

Plus Summit took his money already like i said before should not be allowed if the parts did not ship and i think waiting weeks in more than patient new parts or not. Also i dont think these parts are considered Special order and it does not state that it's just the fact they are not ready from wherever they are coming from!

Quick Reply: New Hooker G-Body LS Swap System Preview