Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

65 Skylark Lr4 and 4L65 swap

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 07:39 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 241 Likes on 168 Posts

Cool project, gotta be hard moving around and finding time to work on it.
I bought my first new car in 67, 67 Camaro while overseas, I couldn't wait to get home to drive it.
I have a 65 Special sedan, 6.0, turbo-I used coilovers on all 4 corners, makes ride height easier to adjust, but also needed the room in the rear for the 4" single exhaust.
Attached Thumbnails 65 Skylark Lr4 and 4L65 swap-dscn1224_zps38rnlrky.jpg  
Old 11-30-2016, 02:26 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by joejbal
Where is the rear brake kit from? does it include an emergency brake?

heres a pic of my 65, its got spc springs, spc uppers, howe tall ball joints, currie rear arms, and ridetech hq shocks.

the ridetech shocks were the biggest improvement.
i got the kit from Matt's classic bow ties. It's an MBM kit. And yes it includes parking brakes Integrated within the rear calipers with new cables to actuate it.

Looks like it applies spring ring pressure to the inside pad when the cable is pulled tight. I'm unsure how well it works at this point as my front cable is stretched out of adjustment and I bent a rod up for the left/right cable equalization.

Id like to replace all of the cables with new, or possibly work in a console integrated brake handle to free up room in the kick panels for speakers.

Right now now however I'm at a holding point until I get a speedometer that works. I'm leaning towards ditching the Dakota digital signal to mechanical Cale converter box and going god probably from speedhut.

Quick Reply: 65 Skylark Lr4 and 4L65 swap