2004 Corvette LS1
243 Heads
BTR Stage 4 \Truck cam
1-7/8" long tubes
FAST LSX 92 intake
FAST anodized fuel rails
Corvette regulator
Ported LS2 Throttle body

Will 36lb injectors work well or should I run 42lb? And with that combo, I need EV1 style LS1 injectors, correct? or do I need an LS2 style?

Is running a MAF better with a 411PCM and drive-by-wire setup? I need to order a custom harness and need to get these details sorted.
Old 08-31-2016, 05:32 AM
11 Second Club

Received 119 Likes on 99 Posts

Personally I've had great results using the MAF and 411 pcm.

Also stock 02+ ls1 injectors should be sufficient for that power level. Not sure what style injectors the FAST 92 uses, a quick search on here should find it.
Old 08-31-2016, 06:32 AM
Restricted User

Received 107 Likes on 89 Posts

Might as well go with the larger injectors. Get them with a connector to fit your harness. No reason to change injector style.

Will a 411 PCM control drive by wire?
Old 08-31-2016, 07:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 82 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeNova
Might as well go with the larger injectors. Get them with a connector to fit your harness. No reason to change injector style.

Will a 411 PCM control drive by wire?
All corvettes from 1998 and up are drive by wire I believe.
Old 08-31-2016, 08:12 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The 36s or 42s will work absolutely fine for your setup. Whatever injectors you purchase just make sure you have the harness built to match. Whether you run the MAF or not is up to you and what your tuner prefers. I personally see no reason to not run one in your application though.

Aaron @ Scoggin Dickey Parts Center
Email:Aaron387@sdparts.com
Phone: 1-800-456-0211 Ext: 324
Old 08-31-2016, 09:12 AM
Restricted User

Received 107 Likes on 89 Posts

Originally Posted by 1964SS
All corvettes from 1998 and up are drive by wire I believe.
I wasn't sure whether or not they used the 411 PCM. Good to know.
Old 09-01-2016, 12:12 AM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Whether to use or not use a MAF is (as I understand it) somewhat dependent on your circumstances:

If you live somewhere like Florida, Texas, or Kansas, where there's not much chance of significant changes in altitude, then a SD tune is easier to justify (& live with).

Significant changes in temp/humidity/altitude/etc. will test the capabilities of a SD tune, & MAF-equipped vehicles will generally have a real advantage in those conditions.

I live in the Rockies, so a MAF sensor is virtually a requirement for my car - but I can see how people in other parts of the world might do fine without one.

Originally Posted by Aaron at SDPC
Whether you run the MAF or not is up to you and what your tuner prefers. I personally see no reason to not run one in your application though.
I agree 110%. Think of it this way -

A speed-density (IOW, MAF-less) tune is using a bunch of pre-determined values for any given load, throttle-postition, etc. If you have a good tuner, & your environmental conditions don't change too much, the vehicle will generally run pretty well - but all of the values being used are a "best guess".

When a MAF is being used, then the spark/fuel/timing tables are adjusted based on actual, measured values of atmospheric conditions at that location/time. And if you drive from somewhere along the PCH on the California coast (maybe 83* F & 70% humidity) to Las Vegas (maybe 101* f, & 8% humidity), the MAF-equipped vehicle won't miss a beat.

(I briefly considered using a more-extreme local "mountains-to-plains" example, but that might not represent what most people experience...)

Last edited by Cheese Weasel; 09-01-2016 at 12:41 AM.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:49 PM
Launching!

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

My previous answer was a little bit incomplete, so I thought I'd add the last little bit here -

There are quite a few injector-size calculators on the 'net these days, I used this one to throw a few numbers together as a "wild-@$$-guess":

I guessed that your engine might make 380 hp, it might make more or less, but I feel that's a decent "ballpark" estimate. Given that, & a relatively-normal BFSC & an 80% max injector duty cycle, this calculator suggested injectors with a flow rate of 29.69 lbs/hr. The 36 lb./hr injectors you mentioned should work nicely, & even give you a bit of room to grow.

Good luck!
Old 09-02-2016, 05:29 AM
11 Second Club

Received 119 Likes on 99 Posts

My first LS1 car was making 540fwhp confirmed at the drag strip MPH and weight of my car. Stock 99 LS1 injectors. The tune was also on the rich side, had more in it but our local track closed soon afterwards.
Old 09-02-2016, 09:08 PM
Banned

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

I prefer maf sensor for vehicles under 450rwhp
much faster to tune, easier to tune, done in couple hours or less.

MAP tunes are much more personal and require you to drive the vehicle through the range of conditions (bunch of cold starts and cold driving, night time day time, electrical loads and so forth)

Only really great thing about a MAP is you can delete the MAF. So that is why it helps on higher power cars: You dont want that thing in the air path.

Quick Reply: A few basic questions for you pros out there