Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

1986 gmc c-1500 (c10), lq4, t56

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2019, 08:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 67 goat
Definitely. I actually have a smaller pulley for it already, but I'm a little paranoid. Long story short, about a month ago, first session on the dyno with the procharger, the driveshaft blew (likely due to too much dynamic pinion angle), which totaled the transmission and most of the exhaust. That was an expensive day. Hence the T56 magnum upgrade and caltracs (among other things).

I took a video of the pinion angle while on the dyno this time, and even with the Catracs it moved more than I expected, so I was very hesitant to add more power. I'm going to drive it as-is for this season, then likely to a 4-link next winter, THEN add boost.

https://youtu.be/kdN4PWcQeIM
Great build man!! i was curious when u switched to the T-56 magnum transmission did you use the forward shifter location as well or did you purchace a different shifter? Also did the Magnum fit better with the quicktime bell housing than the T-56? Thanks in advance!!
Old 12-09-2019, 04:59 AM
Launching!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Shawn Harrison
Great build man!! i was curious when u switched to the T-56 magnum transmission did you use the forward shifter location as well or did you purchace a different shifter? Also did the Magnum fit better with the quicktime bell housing than the T-56? Thanks in advance!!

Thanks! Yes, I used the forward shift location and, unfortunately, you have to purchase a different shifter. No Quicktime bell is this baby.....I'm living dangerously with the OEM aluminum (T56) bell.
Old 12-09-2019, 05:17 AM
Launching!

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Since the thread was resurrected, here's one mod I did recently. Got rid of those shitty intellitronix gauges (I had nothing but problems) and went with Dakota Digital VHXs. I love them.

Quick Reply: 1986 gmc c-1500 (c10), lq4, t56