Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

iBooster vs Hydroboost - detail overview, dimensions and functionality

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2024, 11:50 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The pedal goes to the floor with the key off (no assist). when I turn the key on, the pedal lifts up, but will still go to the floor when pressed. However, the brakes are fully engaged at that point, there is just zero pedal feel. The pedal is a the right height normally, but it's like the first few inches of travel are doing nothing. I'm not hearing clicking, but I'm wondering if the pedal travel sensor has a problem.
Old 02-14-2024, 12:06 PM
Teching In

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts

Pushrod preload and pedal position sensor issues generally fail to no assist, not to no pedal pressure. If it is in fact bled completely I'd guess that the 1" bore stock master cylinder isn't moving enough fluid to fully engage the brakes. Have you checked line pressure at the master and at the calipers? If you find that the master cylinder is bad let me know. I have quite a few Bosch 0204821412 master cylinders with reservoirs

Last edited by JPnTX; 02-14-2024 at 04:09 PM.
Old 02-15-2024, 01:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Okay, more data. With the power to the iBooster, the brakes work as you would expect without power assist. they pedal has good feel and does not go to the floor stops the rig without complaint. When you connect the power up while standing on the brake, you can feel it drop several inches before it gets any feel. LIke it's setting the 'active' position of the brake 3" below where it should be.
Old 06-09-2024, 11:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Which is better to get the gen 2 or Gen 1???

Which is more compact? Have some space constraints on the build I’m going to do so I need the one most compact.. thanks

great thread btw