Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Fuel Injectors Not Working

Search this Thread

Old Yesterday, 10:44 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fuel Injectors Not Working

Hi! So I have a 1988 Firebird I'm trying to swap a gen 3 5.3 ls into. Currently it will run off of starting fluid shot into the intake but I am unable to get the injectors to work properly, I've cleaned all of them and made sure the fuel rails were up to par. It has a pretty much all-new fuel system setup to run 60psi from the pump to the injectors. And I do have 58psi at the fuel rail.

My issue is that the injectors will not open to let it run! When I put my multimeter on the plug it gives me 6V, when I should be getting 12V. It drops to 4V when cranking. If I put my red lead to the hot wire and my black lead to battery negative I get 12V. I know the PCM is supposed to ground the injectors at specific times for it to turn them off and on but I just don't seem to be getting enough ground.

Keep in mind I have a new battery that has 12 + volts. And I've clicked all 8 on and off with a 9V battery to clean them. I can leave my fuel rail up enough to see wether or not they are pulsing while I turn it over and they are not. I do have a flashed PCM with VATS removed that is tuned for my specific setup.

I feel like I have to have a bad ground or something somewhere but I don't know. I've gone through all my grounds and they seem fine. Help?? I'm at my wits end with this thing, so close to having it running.

Thanks in advance!!

(She's not pretty but she's my high-school sweetheart and I plan on bringing her back to her glory days

Quick Reply: Fuel Injectors Not Working