Old 03-02-2015, 11:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Subscribed! Handy info.
Old 03-11-2015, 12:02 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by jayvar

Ok so I was wiring up the fuse block and relays and I hooked up the Orange wires and noticed that the other side was not hooked up to anything and the diagram said it returns switch power to the pcm so I want to know where these hooks up.
The 12V+ wire carries power to the main relay, then splits power to the fuse block. (See the red wires) There are 3 wires coming out of the fuse block in position 4 or 1 (depending on how you look at it when you flip it over). One goes to the fuel pump so its always on when the ignition is in the "ON" position. The remaining two orange wires power the 2 wires coming from the PCM, C1 (blue) pins 20 and 57.
Old 03-18-2015, 11:01 PM
Teching In

Default Gen III V8 Engine Management System

Hi all

Here's a .pdf I found which has some great stuff surrounding the EMS, lots of fault finding and good information, written for Holden Australia but nothing really different from GM.

http://www.sr510.com/tech/Holden_LS1.pdf
Old 03-18-2015, 11:06 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by rodgebone
did numerous searches but cant find answers to these tough questions:

base info: '04 Holden LS1 swapped into a Jeep Wrangler using the LS1 computer exclusively but no PIM or BCM (deleted those from the wiring as i have aftermarket gauges and thought there was no use for them). i've yet to wire in the MIL but did wire in the DLC. ive been able to connect my laptop software via the DLC and observe engine functions without issue but cannot pull codes (even when i deliberately unplug things like injectors, sensors, etc...)

my questions are: is the reason i cant pull codes because i need the PIM (&/or the BCM) to convert the class 2 serial data signal from the PCM to a UART serial data signal at the DLC (would be pin 9 on the DLC and pin 6 for "diag enable" from the PIM)? why am i able to connect my laptop to the DLC and watch engine management or is that separate info from DTC signals (looks like the same wire providing both information from the PCM)? and does it have anything to do with the fact the MIL circuit itself is not present? do i need the PIM (&/or BCM) to run the MIL or can i simply run 12V to a bulb and ground it thru the PCM's serial data output? im worried there are differences in circuit voltages if i do this and dont want to fry the PCM. at present, the DLC is wired as follows: pin 2 is the PCM class 2 serial data output signal. pins 4 & 5 are grounds and are wired together (is this okay? ive seen differing opinions). pin 16 is direct 12 volt battery power. any help is appreciated. would like to pull codes (im sure there are many) before we go to the dyno shop for software editing. i seriously doubt i simply have no codes stored but spoze its a possibility (like winning Lotto). LOL. thanks in advance.
....in the mean time I found a great manual for the LS1 for download here http://www.sr510.com/tech/Holden_LS1.pdf

It's published by Holden but there were only minor changes mostly in the ECM, Maybe of use for some of you guys.
Old 06-14-2015, 02:19 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

awesome inform
Old 09-02-2015, 08:30 AM
Teching In

Default 98 ls1 to ls3 gages

Doing a ls3 swap to a 98 ls1 z28-Want to get OE dash gages working-Has anyone done this? I am using the GM PCM and Trans Controller
Old 01-27-2016, 01:59 PM
Teching In

looking for a 2002 sububan 6.0-4wd wiring diagram.
Old 02-20-2016, 11:47 PM

Default Harness flashing

This may be a dumb question but I'm doing a ls swap using a 5.3 lm7 into a 87 Camaro I'm getting the donor motor and trans harness computer fuse block everything from the same vehicle if I eliminate the stuff listed in the forum that I don't need will I be able to use without getting the pcm flashed ?? I understsnd that eventually I should but just to get it going I'm on a tight budget. Thanks in advance
Old 02-21-2016, 09:49 AM
TECH Regular

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chevyrob
This may be a dumb question but I'm doing a ls swap using a 5.3 lm7 into a 87 Camaro I'm getting the donor motor and trans harness computer fuse block everything from the same vehicle if I eliminate the stuff listed in the forum that I don't need will I be able to use without getting the pcm flashed ?? I understsnd that eventually I should but just to get it going I'm on a tight budget. Thanks in advance
Yes you would need to flash the PCM to eliminate the vats. Also there are usually a few other codes that need to be deleted in a swap depending on what doesn't get swapped over. There are ways around this but if you're going through the trouble of swapping an engine, don't you want it tuned to run optimally?
Old 02-21-2016, 11:03 AM

Thanks so much for the quick reply yea I am just worried thst getting it flashed is going to cost a lot I've seen videos of them bypassing the vats but your right if I want it to be running good and use all the good technology in the sensors I might as well do it right even if it cost 200$ or whatever but I've been debating on if I should just buy the software myself for my laptop I'm good with computers and sure I could learn basic tuning it's only 500$ for a kit from I believe hptuners that is a good start software then I could do all that myself plus tune it at any time without having to pay someone everytime i change something
Old 02-25-2016, 04:24 PM

Default ls1 swap

Does anyone on here know how i would go about swapping a ls1 into my 2015 Silverado?
Old 09-11-2017, 07:32 PM
F68
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by G-Body
I cleaned this post up a bit and the wiring info is now in the attachments. The truck wiring is from my 2001 4x4 tahoe 5.3L, but be aware that the truck wiring seems inconsistent. I saw alldata diagrams for a 2001 4x4 yukon 5.3L and a few of the wires were different, even in the PCM connections

Heres a link to directions to build a VATS bypass box, remember this won`t work for truck,vette or GTO computers, they use a serial data signal which cannot be replicated. In these cars the VATS must be deleted in the computer.
http://temp.corvetteforum.net/c3/70lt1/vats.shtml
VATS bypass thread
Another VATS bypass design

Hooking up A/C controls

Dual speed fan connections

More fan connection info/diagram

Alternator hookup without using the PCM

Truck wiring with a LSx Truck fusebox

Differences between the truck and f-body wiring harnesses

98 AND 99+ retrofit wiring diagrams

Link to GTO pinouts

4L60E VS 4L80E wiring differences

A wiring guide courtesy of Rodder
http://www.blown.net/ls1swap/rodders...1t56wiring.doc

Using a 200R4 or 700R4 transmission and don`t know how to hook up the TV cable? Click here https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/791429-tv-cable-throttle-cable-bracket.html

Power Steering pump output: https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...truck-etc.html

Molded Heater hoses! https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...ter-hoses.html

thanks -saved in my files
Old 01-30-2019, 11:02 AM
Teching In

simply the best thread ever !!!!
Old 06-12-2019, 08:48 AM

Default Vats bypass

Vats bypass on ECM for 2002 buick century which pins do I use to disable security on fuel
Old 11-06-2019, 09:25 PM
Teching In

Subscribing

Quick Reply: LS1 Swap FAQs