Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS1 swap in 2nd gen wiring ????

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2005, 04:41 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LS1 swap in 2nd gen wiring ????

I have a 79 Z that I am going to swap a LS1/T56 into. my question is, if I get a swap that is complete with wiring, computer, etc. would I need a wiring harness like painless, etc. to make things easier?? and, what do I really need it for?

also, one other very important question for you guys, how do you hook up an electric speedo with a LS1/T56 swap??? do you have to???

thanks

Last edited by seadoo; 09-05-2005 at 04:56 PM.
Old 09-06-2005, 09:29 PM
TECH Resident

Also, what do I do with the ECT sender? how does that work???

anyone????????
Old 09-07-2005, 06:11 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...2nd+gen+wiring

Last edited by Jones'n; 09-07-2005 at 10:00 AM.
Old 09-07-2005, 09:12 AM
Super Moderator

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

www.speartech.com
Old 09-07-2005, 10:49 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow...nice replies guys.

if you have some wiring skills, you can mate the ls1-harness to your old harness...i am in the process of doing this, and it's really not THAT bad. it saves you a lot of money, and you won't feel bad tearing into it later if you need to do something.

as far as the speedometer - if you want to use the original mechanical speedometer, it won't be cheap. this was just covered in another thread. unfortunately, you'll have to buy a box like this one:www.abbott-tach.com/cablex.htm

i can't seem to find one for under 250 bucks, so it's more expensive than new guages. but if you want that original look like i do, then it's the only way to go.
Old 09-07-2005, 03:50 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 1fine69
wow...nice replies guys.
Assuming that was sarcasm, bear in mind he's asking FAQ type stuff that's so FAQ'd most of it can be found (surprise!!!) in the FAQ or thru use of the search feature.

If he's too lazy/busy to search, that's his loss as there's plenty of good info here to be found.

By doing a quick search on 'speedo' limited to the Conversions forum, I found quite a bit of stuff he'd want to know including a detailed discussion with a guy putting an LS1 in a '73 Camaro:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversions-swaps/359984-i-want-put-ls1-73-camaro.html
Old 09-07-2005, 05:11 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by crainholio
Assuming that was sarcasm, bear in mind he's asking FAQ type stuff that's so FAQ'd most of it can be found (surprise!!!) in the FAQ or thru use of the search feature.

If he's too lazy/busy to search, that's his loss as there's plenty of good info here to be found.

By doing a quick search on 'speedo' limited to the Conversions forum, I found quite a bit of stuff he'd want to know including a detailed discussion with a guy putting an LS1 in a '73 Camaro:

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=359984
wow... for your intelligent answer I will let you in on a little secret. I have used the f'in search, I could not find a def. answer to the age old question though. so... thank you so much to all who replied and did your best to help, and well... to you... thanks for nothing.
Old 09-07-2005, 05:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by seadoo
wow... for your intelligent answer I will let you in on a little secret. I have used the f'in search, I could not find a def. answer to the age old question though. so... thank you so much to all who replied and did your best to help, and well... to you... thanks for nothing.
It actually looks like you found answers, they just weren't what you were hoping for.

I was wrong about the FAQ thing though...your ECT question isn't frequently asked, most people can figure that one out on their own.

Quick Reply: LS1 swap in 2nd gen wiring ????