Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

ls1 fuel line question.

Search this Thread

Old 05-13-2006, 05:40 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default ls1 fuel line question.

ok i have done my searches and couldnt find really anything that anwsered my question. i have a 92 camaro rs. 305 tbi. i have a 2000 ls1/t56 im putting in my car. i also have a 2000 camaro plastic gas tank. my question is this. how to i go about connecting my gas lines from the fuel tank to the fuel rail. what are people doing? i am completely lost.

thank you.

ryan
Old 05-13-2006, 05:57 PM
On The Tree

Front of the car you need to get some adapter hoses to go from the frame rail threaded nuts to the fuel rail quick connects.

On the back, using the plastic tank, the easiest way is to use the fourth gen fuel filter and all metal lines connected to it. Stock the fourth gen has a T connector that will thread right into the 3rd gen feed line. This will handle fuel and return. For EVAP (if you're keeping it), use your old return line and just hose clamp it to the right line on the 4th gen tank. You can then remove your stock EVAP line.

If your tank didn't come with the filter, T, and lines you need to buy some. You can fab some up if you want, but anything else you might as well not use the plastic tank.

Kevin D.
Old 05-13-2006, 05:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

From the tank, run braided steel lines for supply and return to a corvette fuel filter/regulator. Run another line from the CFR to you 3rd gen supply line. up from, run another braided line from the supply hard line to the fuel rail. There are various fittings you can use to join these lines
Old 05-13-2006, 06:32 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Schitzo
From the tank, run braided steel lines for supply and return to a corvette fuel filter/regulator.
The fourth gen tank all ready has a regulator built in. I doubt he would need to run two.

Kevin D.
Old 05-18-2006, 01:29 PM
TECH Regular

quick disconnect fuel line fittings from GM or Advance AutoParts, etc.
you can also use compression fittings to seal a connection to a hardline and then thread on a barbed fitting which you can clamp a soft hose over.
or use any of the stainless braided line methods and fittings... kinda pricey.
there are some stock GM options also, look in the thread stickied at the top of this forum about LS1 swaps in a 67 or something like that... there is some fuel line info in there.
good luck!
Old 05-19-2006, 09:21 PM
Staging Lane

if hes using the tank from the donar car he only has to run 1 fuel line to the front of the car.

98-04 fbodies have the regulator and all the return stuff inside that tank.
98-04 fbodies also use a returnless fuel injection setup.

the only thing you need to do is make sure there is a fuel filter in there somewhere and use the feed line right to the motor. you can find the push connect fitting everywhere. including all the sites that specialize in conversion cars!

good luck its a simple task once you start researching
Old 05-20-2006, 11:54 PM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by shr00m-dew
The fourth gen tank all ready has a regulator built in. I doubt he would need to run two.

Kevin D.
If I am not mistaken the 305 tbi is a 15psi setup where the LS1 requires 58psi so the easiest way to get that pressure is to change the intank pump to a high output version and run it to the Corvette Fuel Filter/Regulator which will give the constant 58psi required.

The CFR can be mounted near the tank and its return line can then be run right back to the tank with a short line. The main fuel output line then goes straight to the fuel rail. The 2000 LS1 only has one connection on the fuel rail.

I would recomend getting the intank pump from a Camaro with an LS1 or a Walbro pump. I have been told the Camaro pumps are quiet where my Walbro intank pump has a slight wine to it, but it works great.

The only other fuel setup you can do is to run both a supply and return lines to the engine bay to a pressure regulator where you can dial in the 58psi then a single outlet from the pressure regulator to the fuel rail. You should place a filter inline between the tank and the regulator input, and you will still require a high pressure intank pump.
Old 05-21-2006, 12:10 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by jdperk-86elco
If I am not mistaken the 305 tbi is a 15psi setup where the LS1 requires 58psi so the easiest way to get that pressure is to change the intank pump to a high output version and run it to the Corvette Fuel Filter/Regulator which will give the constant 58psi required.

The CFR can be mounted near the tank and its return line can then be run right back to the tank with a short line. The main fuel output line then goes straight to the fuel rail. The 2000 LS1 only has one connection on the fuel rail.
you are correct sir, the TBI fuel pump only puts out between 9-13 psi and the LS1 need 58 at idle,

the best and cheapest option is to put an inline pump with the vette regulator and just plug and play

also all the fbody fuel rails from 98-04 have the single input on the fuel rail.

you can get a 97-98 vette Y-body fuel rail and it will have a feed,return, and regulator on the rail which might make a cleaner install. but you will still have to put a bigger pump there
Old 05-21-2006, 12:16 PM

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

If you decide to go the '97-'98 C5 fuel rail, I've got one advertised at https://ls1tech.com/forums/lsx-parts-sale/508043-97-98-c5-dual-feed-fuel-rail-5an-6an-brazed.html

Quick Reply: ls1 fuel line question.