Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My 240sx / S14 LS1 Swap - Progress *56k beware*

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2007, 06:53 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mmdb
Hi Ted thanks for the info. I'll go that route and use Jeg's reducer for the MC.
NP man, I used hot glue in the MC to keep the shavings out of it when I was shaving it down. I'll still use brake fluid to flush it out to make double sure that it's clear of debris but at least I kept most of it out with the hot glue.
Old 03-05-2007, 08:18 AM
TECH Regular

for the intake on my FC I used a steel 3.5" pipe from home depot, it was conduit piping for home/business and was dirt cheap, that let me get the filter to the side of the engine bay... but my temps were still kinda higher than I wanted, so last year I swapped to all aluminum piping and extended the wires to the MAF and relocated it near the hole I had to cut in the fenderwell to route the CAI tubing thru, I also lengthened the wires to the IAT and placed that in the elbow above where I have the MAF now. its awesome, much lower temps and the whole setup with tubing, k&n filter, elbows and couplers from ebay and APTturbo.com was around $150. I havent uploaded any pics of this newer CAI setup but it is well worth the cost.
Old 03-05-2007, 10:32 PM
On The Tree

Welp I cut the inlet down so I could get the AN adapter to thread down all the way. I took more off the top than I would've liked, but it should still be leak free. I'm also using an AN -4 90 degree elbow fitting from the adapter. It should make the clutch line easier to remove and install.

Old 03-06-2007, 06:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Welp I cut the inlet down so I could get the AN adapter to thread down all the way. I took more off the top than I would've liked, but it should still be leak free. I'm also using an AN -4 90 degree elbow fitting from the adapter. It should make the clutch line easier to remove and install.

Looks good and familar! I took off to much as well but since the flare is the part that seals up it shouldn't be that big of an issue. Plus, to get that surface to be perfectly flat to have it seal up doing it by hand would be a tough task.
Old 03-06-2007, 07:13 PM
Teching In

Sick 240. Wish I knew enough about how to build my own cars/put and take apart, maybe one day ill be wise enough and build my own hybrid
Old 03-06-2007, 07:59 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by cjmcguire90
Sick 240. Wish I knew enough about how to build my own cars/put and take apart, maybe one day ill be wise enough and build my own hybrid
Why not start now? It's not difficult once you get the ball rolling. Pick up a factory service manual and read it while you work on your car.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:11 PM
Teching In

hey nice build up! are you the same guy as silviav8.com? i tihnk i've seen your kouki somewhere.... I have to thank you in doing justice to the true kouki look! it's sooo nice and clean, i'm in love with that look! yeah can't wait to hear it run!
Old 03-06-2007, 11:50 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by RH4motorsports
hey nice build up! are you the same guy as silviav8.com? i tihnk i've seen your kouki somewhere.... I have to thank you in doing justice to the true kouki look! it's sooo nice and clean, i'm in love with that look! yeah can't wait to hear it run!
Yo that's me! Thanks for the complements! I've always liked the factory look so I'm sticking with it. The LS1 should be in soon! I'm going to give the shop a call this week. If they got time for me to bring it in and get it installed it'll be done this month!

As for the fuel filter I ordered the outlet pipe from Street & Performance. They're a little pricey, but they do have great customer service. I've also sent them my PCM to get it installed. I paid $250 dollars for a lifetime program deal. Here's some pix of the fuel filter outlet I got. If comes out to an AN fitting. It's about 23 dollars.

So the -6 AN line comes from the filter (picture should above) to the fuel rail which also has a -6AN fitting (not pictured). Street & Performance also sell a -6AN to quick disconnect adapter. I'll post up pix later.

Last edited by mmdb; 03-07-2007 at 12:25 AM.
Old 03-08-2007, 01:04 PM
11 Second Club

Wasn't the adapter that came with it a -3 AN on the end already? What made you use -4 AN?

Also, how often do you plan on having to remove it??
Old 03-08-2007, 01:05 PM
11 Second Club

Wasn't the adapter that came with it a -3 AN on the end already? What made you use -4 AN? And, how often do you plan on having to remove it??

Also, will it clear the firewall lip?
Old 03-08-2007, 02:33 PM
On The Tree

That's correct. The original fitting was a -3, but I spoke with a few guys at street and performance, and also a few other automotive shops and they said it wasn't uncommon for people to drill out the -3 to a -4. This was done for a more improved pedal feel.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:37 PM
11 Second Club

Gotcha...that's what I was wondering.
Old 03-08-2007, 02:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

That's correct. The original fitting was a -3, but I spoke with a few guys at street and performance, and also a few other automotive shops and they said it wasn't uncommon for people to drill out the -3 to a -4. This was done for a more improved pedal feel.
So you drilled out the MC and the -3 to -4 union adapter to a -4 size? Just making sure I understand what you are saying.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:42 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Ted J
So you drilled out the MC and the -3 to -4 union adapter to a -4 size? Just making sure I understand what you are saying.
Ideally that's what I would do, but I haven't done so. Due to time constraints I'm going to wait and see if I actually need this upgrade. If anyone can chime in with their experience using the original pedal line that'd be appreciated.

As far as progress I pulled the engine tonight. It took about 4 hours to do it. Not bad considering it's my first time. It's VERY simple. If anyone needs help PM me. I'll be more than happy to help.

LS1 should be in within a few weeks. Can't wait
Old 03-09-2007, 01:18 AM
11 Second Club

SHOOOO....look at all dem hoses and wires! I don't even remember when my bay looked like that it's been so long.

Thanks for the offer, but if anything, I need some help putting **** back in...

Good Luck!
Old 03-10-2007, 03:45 AM
Teching In

your car looks very familiar were you ever on Zilvia?
Old 03-10-2007, 11:56 AM
11 Second Club

If you're talking to me, I bought it from a guy off there a loooong time ago. And, I'm on there, just don't frequent the site much.
Old 03-10-2007, 12:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

That sucker is going to be a monster. I love GM engine swaps into 240 sx's.

My buddy has one and he is dying to do the swap but he lacks the engine fab/work expertise of you guys.

Are you going to stick a huge blower onto the top of that? We have one guy in Albuquerque with one on his, completely unstreetable but cool as hell (actually a SBC not a LSX but still).
Old 03-10-2007, 03:35 PM
On The Tree

Here's a picture of the BMC on the car now. You can see where I needed to cut at the firewall. I cut a bit off reason being it's difficult to get the bolts tightened down. So by cutting it there's more clearance.

Well I'm glad to say the car is off to the shop (Steen Chassis and Fabrication). It'll take bout 2-3 weeks to complete. I'll post pictures/videos soon as it's done. It'll be a few notches up from the KA24de in terms of power (more like miles).

It's possible that once I get my car back I can have the engine mounts reproduced and transmission brace. I'm not looking to make profit or anything, but if you REALLY want them I'll make some time to get them for you. But keep in mind, you have to have the funds to get this swap done. There's a bunch of little things you need to have it installed so keep that in mind.

I'll put up a price list and parts you need to complete the swap after I get the car back. Later, I'll follow up with dyno output and 1/4 time. Those are my future plans.

And there she goes...

Last edited by mmdb; 03-11-2007 at 12:17 AM.
Old 03-11-2007, 01:55 PM
Staging Lane

Mmdb you're car looks absolutely amazing

Are you doing hard or soft mounts? If soft I'm very interested in the mounts and would be keeping in touch with you as far as that goes

I'd also like that parts list..I've figured a rough estimate and I'd like to see how close or far away from it I am.

Last edited by XofXtimeX; 03-11-2007 at 02:10 PM.

Quick Reply: My 240sx / S14 LS1 Swap - Progress *56k beware*