Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have the pinouts for the fuel tank plugs???

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2007, 10:11 AM
cam
TECH Junkie

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Default Anyone have the pinouts for the fuel tank plugs???

I searched and didnt find anything and I'm in super panick mode as I only have two days to get the rest of this thing together and a crew awaiting instruction so PLEASE help if you can. Many thanks.

Just to clarify its a tank from a 99 and I am running the evap and all.
Old 01-26-2007, 12:57 PM
sawzall wielding director

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I don`t have a pinout for the connector, but I have a diagram and it has pin #`s on it. There are more diagrams for it at LS7power.com
I attached the one that I have.
Attached Thumbnails Anyone have the pinouts for the fuel tank plugs???-fuel-tank-unit.gif  
Old 01-26-2007, 01:14 PM
cam
TECH Junkie

Thanks thats a good start!
Old 02-03-2007, 10:58 AM
cam
TECH Junkie

Okay it runs now and thats great but I still cant really make heads or tails outta that schematic. Which wires do I need to hook up to get the regulator working? Everything is working great but 90 plus psi at the rail is making it run richer than Bill Gates.
Old 02-03-2007, 07:21 PM

What do you have for a fuel pump/rail setup? I don`t think any of those wires regulate the fuel pressure. Did you use the whole sender/pump assembly or just the camaro pump?
Old 02-03-2007, 08:30 PM
cam
TECH Junkie

complete fourth gen tank assembly. Been searching for hours and nothing comes up but i did find a couple of threads that describe the computer managing the fuel pressure based on tps etc... dont have a clue myself and i'm about ready to go the vette filter route but sadly I have to wait til Monday for that... tooo bad i'm working on it right now and could completely finish aside from dang autometer tach not working. any idea about that? reads zero and i triple checked the pin 10 white is the one i connected it too. appologies for no caps one clean finger dont wanna dirty white mac laptop haha
Old 02-03-2007, 08:42 PM

I`m not sure how the fuel pressure regulator is supposed to work in that application. I thought that it was just a mechanical regulator and dumped the extra fuel right back into the tank, but I have never taken one apart and could be wrong.

For the tach do you have it set to the 4cyl position or did you change the output from the computer? It might also need a pickup circuit. I`ll be back with a link.
Old 02-03-2007, 08:45 PM
cam
TECH Junkie

ya 4 cyl. its a brand new ultra light pro comp too pn 6598
Old 02-03-2007, 08:54 PM

Heres the link I was talking about for the tach https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...=tach+resistor
Old 02-03-2007, 09:06 PM
cam
TECH Junkie

damn sweet hope thats it cuz i'm burying the pcm behind the dash right now. gonna do the vette filter monday. thanks g man... i miss my t-type everytime i hear g body

Old 02-05-2007, 12:11 AM
cam
TECH Junkie

Tach is working now thanks so much dude!!! Still having fuel pressure issues and have no idea why so just going to get the Vette filter/reg tomorrow. Thanks for the help
Old 02-05-2007, 07:39 PM
cam
TECH Junkie

Well bizarre as it may be I put the Vette regulator on there and bingo all is well. I guess someone removed the stock regulator or its electric? Dunno at this point dont care just thought I would update in case some other poor sap searches and finds this I didnt want to add to any confusion.

I'd still like to know how the stock fourth gen regulator works
Old 02-05-2007, 10:45 PM

Where did you plug the return line from the vette FPR/filter into? I didn`t think the camaro tank would have a spot for it since there was only a single line coming out of it from the factory.
Old 02-05-2007, 10:52 PM
cam
TECH Junkie

Theres three lines coming out of my tank. A feed, return, and an evap. I hooked the pressure line 3/8" to the 3/8" on the vette filter/reg and the 5/16" return on the filter/reg back to the tank and the evap is yet to be hooked up due to lack of pin outs LOL
Old 02-06-2007, 08:44 AM
cam
TECH Junkie

Heres a link to pics

http://www.thirdgen.org/techboard/lt...k-plastic.html
Old 02-07-2007, 12:54 AM

I finally figured it out. The regulator is inside the sending unit, but you have to hook it up with an external line and T. https://ls1tech.com/forums/showpost....4&postcount=19 It is listed in the part that discusses the f-body plumbing.
Old 02-07-2007, 07:50 AM
cam
TECH Junkie

AHA!!!! Well that confirms it. My stock regulator must be gonzo or broken. I found three separate posts in my searches that describe how the PCM controls fuel pressure based on sensor inputs

I initially plumbed it just as it describes in that thread with a tee fitting and the 5/16" line back to the return on the tank but it just cycled fuel around with practically ZERO pressure at my fuel rail.

What a bugger of a thing I never expected. Only worry i had was I did my own wiring harness but it works **** on I didnt have to change a single thing started up great although I did have seized injectors that confused me for a day or two thinking it was a VATS issue.

This fuel regulator problem put me into mass confusion land for days thinking it needed to be wired up

Thanks for the help G Body hope this thread may of some help to others down the road

Quick Reply: Anyone have the pinouts for the fuel tank plugs???