Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS7 Fiero swap

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 01:47 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bought a Fiero GT new in '85. It was pretty fun to drive. This one would be scary (in a good way).
Old 07-27-2012, 07:11 AM
Teching In

Awesome, I love it! Big thumbs up!

Darion
Old 07-27-2012, 09:04 AM
On The Tree

Wheeeew!! I just went thru all 26 pages. Killer work, looks amazing!!
Old 07-27-2012, 09:24 AM
On The Tree

Smile

Thanks for all of the positive feed back. I've asked Archie to make this our main build thread going forward and to post all future updates and responses there on LS1Tech.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:34 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, this thread has had a lot of activity in the last few days.

As you know, Troy has been driving this car for a couple of years & this year he decided that he wanted to add a Supercharger to his LS7.

Right now, we're really waiting to get the car tuned with the Supercharger on it. I'm trying to get an appointment with a Dyno tuner who can tune an ECM with LS2 Edit.

On the original install of the LS7 we used a Street & Performance wire harness & an ECM programmed by S&P using LS2 Edit.

We now have the LS7 running, we're not driving it & have only ran it enough to make sure there's no leaks or errors that will give a problem getting it started to tune it.

We are in the Rockford, IL area about 60 miles from Chicago.

The reason I'm going back over all this is that I'm wondering if anyone heree knows a Dyno shop in this area (100 mile radius) that can get us in & tune it with LS2 edit.

We have a Dyno shop I've been talking to but we haven't got a solid appointment date yet. But it looks like it could be a couple weeks.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Archie
Old 07-28-2012, 10:55 AM
Staging Lane

WOW, craziest swap I've ever seen!
Old 07-29-2012, 03:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Troy / Archie -

After all 26 pages (and 2+ hours) all I can say is: WELL DONE !!!

I absolutely LOVE it!
Old 08-02-2012, 02:50 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Archie
Wow, this thread has had a lot of activity in the last few days.

As you know, Troy has been driving this car for a couple of years & this year he decided that he wanted to add a Supercharger to his LS7.

Right now, we're really waiting to get the car tuned with the Supercharger on it. I'm trying to get an appointment with a Dyno tuner who can tune an ECM with LS2 Edit.

On the original install of the LS7 we used a Street & Performance wire harness & an ECM programmed by S&P using LS2 Edit.

We now have the LS7 running, we're not driving it & have only ran it enough to make sure there's no leaks or errors that will give a problem getting it started to tune it.

We are in the Rockford, IL area about 60 miles from Chicago.

The reason I'm going back over all this is that I'm wondering if anyone heree knows a Dyno shop in this area (100 mile radius) that can get us in & tune it with LS2 edit.

We have a Dyno shop I've been talking to but we haven't got a solid appointment date yet. But it looks like it could be a couple weeks.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks

Archie
Have you called speed inc. in schaumburg? that is where I had mine dynoed. they were super easy to work with. this is going back about eight years so things might of changed. nice looking car and install.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:26 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by LS1swap
Have you called speed inc. in schaumburg? that is where I had mine dynoed. they were super easy to work with. this is going back about eight years so things might of changed. nice looking car and install.
Yes, I talked to them. They seemed to be good guys but they can't work with LS2 Edit.

Archie
Old 08-08-2012, 07:43 AM
On The Tree

Talking

I'm all set to fly out for the Dyno and test run next week. Archie who ever you put in the passenger seat while I give it a good run better have Depends on

Last edited by mrtroyboy; 08-08-2012 at 02:33 PM.
Old 08-09-2012, 09:22 PM
Staging Lane

For the last week or so we've been working on a couple of other cars in the shop while we wait to take the car to be Dyno tuned.

For those that are curious...One of those projects is an LS3 SuperCharged GT40 replica on a modified Fiero chassis.

Today, getting ready for the events Monday, we got back on the LS7 car to finish up a few small details & get it ready for Monday.

Some of the details we took care of today are making a screen for the extra louver we put in the decklid & make another mirror panel for the underside of the decklid. We made a scoop for under engine cradle to direct air thru the new oil cooler & up & thru the Fiero engine compartment & further out thru the decklid vents. We installed some AL pedal covers & the chromed modified coil covers & installed & aligned the modified decklid cover.

I'm including some pictures.

Please remember that the SuperCharger cover is still out for Chrome & is supposed to be back tomorrow. In some of these pics the SC has no cover on it...... Trust me that it has been covered & secured while we'vew been working on it. I took the cover off to take these pics. If the Chrome cover doesn't come in by noon tomorrow, we will be putting the SC cover from another car we're building (the black cover in previous pics.) For the Dyno Monday.

Tomorrow, recharge the A/C install the inner wheel well liners, a few odds & ins & load it up on the trailer.

Hopefully we will be allowed to take videos of the Dyno tuneing.

Archie

Last edited by Archie; 08-09-2012 at 09:31 PM.
Old 08-10-2012, 09:51 PM
Staging Lane

We have it all put together now. (except for the Chrome SC cover & anothe chrome part we are making for the engine).

I thought I'd show you a few pics of it all put together.

Archie
Old 08-14-2012, 02:19 PM
Teching In

Wow....can't even imagine how much fun that would be to drive....my face would probably hurt from smiling so much
Old 08-17-2012, 01:03 PM
TECH Regular

Any results from the Dyno? Great work!
Old 08-18-2012, 05:08 PM
On The Tree

Talking

Archie has the video and the numbers im sure he will post it up soon. All I can say is that I'm still smiling from the test drive .
Old 08-18-2012, 06:49 PM
Launching!

badass dude!!
Old 08-18-2012, 11:05 PM
Staging Lane

I'll post the dyno stuff up tomorrow when I get time to post up all the video we have.

On Tuesday Troy took the car for a couple of test drives. Here's that video.

http://youtu.be/Q0OeSXrCuEw

I'm the one screaming, LOL

Archie
Old 08-19-2012, 12:03 AM
9 Second Club

Very nice!
Old 08-19-2012, 07:31 AM
Village Troll

Received 527 Likes on 379 Posts

I am in awe of how much it looks like a factory build.
Old 08-19-2012, 03:25 PM
Staging Lane

Sorry guys, it's taken me way too long to get time to post up the dyno stuff.

Troy was in town Monday & Tuesday. We went to the Dyno for tuning on Monday. With travel & all, that took all day. Then Tuesday was all about driving the car around this area.

Then by Thursday, Troy was back home & in the Hospital, it sounded serious & I didn't want to post without his input. Troy was better & went home Saturday.

Let me tell you all about it.

Back in Jan 2010, when we originally finished the swap of the N/A/ LS7, we had the car tuned by a guy who had a Dynojet Dyno. I think that you'll find links to that video earlier in this thread.

This last Monday the guy who did the tuning was a guy who was suggested by Edelbrock as one of their tuner shops. He had a Mustang Dyno.

Everybody that's on any automotive forum knows the ranting that goes on when someone compares numbers from a Dynojet to a Mustang dyno. So Troy & I decided that we should also have it run on a DynoJet Dyno which we did Friday.

From what we’ve found a stock Z06 makes 430-460 at the wheels. http://forums.corvetteforum.com/c6-z...ck-c6-z06.html

With the SC we’re at 542hp & 546ft-lbs. so we’re not in too bad of shape.

Here’s the video. http://youtu.be/byO15ennuZg

Archie

Quick Reply: LS7 Fiero swap