Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LS7 Fiero swap

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2008 | 06:48 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Bazzy
Sub 11 is good for a light weight LSx. I have a feeling this car won't be able to pick up much traction though. But this isn't really a track car, am i right? It's beautiful, i love what you guys are doing out there.
That's correct Bazzy, this is not a track car. MstangsBware and his friends can't seem to tell the difference, they feel that I have to beat the **** out of a car to enjoy it, and prove something to them.

Thanks for the complement Bazzy. Archie and his crew do great work and they build the type of car the customer asks for, in this case a show car with ***** that will be driven on a regular basis. I'm not trying to break any speed records but I'm sure she won't be a slouch .
Old 12-14-2008 | 07:05 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by MstangsBware
Not forsure if it is the fastest car built by V-8 Archee but. The LS1/6 speed Formula that was built by him went 13.8 in the 1/4 a few months back. Not forsure what the standard for fast is around here though.
MstangsBware I hope this is not an attempt at bashing Archie, ifso please stop. This is not the place to air out your hatred for Archie or people who drive V8's. (BTW this is a fourm about V8's)

The rest of the story he posted on his home forum. BTW he is entitled to his opinion and I will respect that, I just hate when people are deceitful at the expense of others.

I am the one that posted the information over on Old Europe about the LS1 Formula running at the track. The guy that bought it took the time to make an 8 hour trip(one way) in it for a show we had a few months back. I want to say that the guy that bought the car is not your typical V-8 guy and is a good guy. We talked him into taking the car to the track since we had planned a track day on Sunday after the show. After a little talking he was all for it since he had never been the track before.

Of course never being to the track before and being a 6 speed car he was not the best at driving the car. He did no track prep to the car and a few times actaully went down the track with the windows down. Not that alot of this matters just so everyone knows.

I myself say the car with a good driver in street trim with some air let out of the tires should run around a 12.7 or so. Put some DRs on the car, heat them up and hope they hold and I am sure the car could get down to low 12s. But all this is just what I think and not worth anything until it is done, which I don't see that happening.

I don't remember what the MPH was on the LS1 cars runs as I was running my car also. I can tell you that the 3800SC/5 speed(1.9 rockers/3.4) that I installed into a friends 86 SE was beating him. But if the LS1 car would have had a better driver then I think that would not have been the case.

I can say I give the guy props for taking the car to the track and running it unlike so many other V-8 owners out there. I also check out the car at the show to see what I liked and didn't like about the install.

Last edited by mrtroyboy; 12-14-2008 at 08:51 AM.
Old 12-15-2008 | 12:44 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by mrtroyboy
MstangsBware I hope this is not an attempt at bashing Archie, ifso please stop. This is not the place to air out your hatred for Archie or people who drive V8's. (BTW this is a fourm about V8's)

The rest of the story he posted on his home forum. BTW he is entitled to his opinion and I will respect that, I just hate when people are deceitful at the expense of others.
I can't post in a Thread stating a fact without you calling me out? I just gave some information that I knew of from a car that was built by Archee. You are the one bringing in a quote from another Thread that is on another Forum. The hatered for people who drive V-8s--That's funny right there!!!!!!
Old 12-15-2008 | 05:07 AM
On The Tree

I can't post in a Thread stating a fact without you calling me out? I just gave some information that I knew of from a car that was built by Archee. You are the one bringing in a quote from another Thread that is on another Forum. The hatered for people who drive V-8s--That's funny right there!!!!!!
Yes, that's correct. If you post B.S. or try to start **** in My thread I will call you on it. What's wrong? don't the members on this forum deserve the full story just as you posted on your forum. I didn't change your story just re posted it for you. Please start your own thread and have at it, enjoy your self. Or better yet start a thread about the V8 your installing in your car and make a contribution to this forum. (From what I've seen it's a nice install) This way you can post your times and any other info you like on your thread.
Old 12-16-2008 | 10:04 AM
Teching In

Troy:

It's an awesome build, but I think you are being touchy and don't need to be. Your car speaks for itself!

I am always skeptical of 1/4 mile times and look more to MPH and HP. I watched a guy in a new Viper run a 13.7 @ 123 get beat by a Carrera S 997 running a 12.3 @ 117.

Driver is everything!

Sweet build , make me wanna revive my dead Northstar 86 GT

JM
66 Corvair / LS1- 930 Porsche tranny.
Old 12-16-2008 | 10:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That car is going to be one scary *** car to drive with all that power! How much is it going to wiegh?
Old 12-16-2008 | 09:34 PM
On The Tree

update time:

Originally posted by Archie:

Troy, you should have an email from me from yesterday.

Been mostly working on trying to button things up on the body.

We slid the rear clip back & intstalled the rear reflectors (after we refurbed the reflectors). Hopefully we've remounted the rear clip for the last time.

this is a nice shot of the reflectors & the paint....

Got the front clip off & working on remounting all of the wiring harnesses & finishing off the A/C plumbing.

I thought you'd like to see all the plumbing & wiring that's under the orange right side engine compartment cover.

While we have the front clip off, we painted some of the areas behind the grill & other openings satin Black so they'll look good when it's put together.

We're working on mounting the front lights & grills.....

Soon we'll be ready to mount the front clip for the last time. We'll do that as soon as we get the hood back from paint.

Archie
Old 12-17-2008 | 09:29 PM
On The Tree

more:

We got quite a bit done today.

Put the nose back on the car today. It's bolted down lightly so we can adjust it when the hood is here.

Installed the grills in the nose....

Fitted the front plate to see what it'll look like. YUCK!!!!!! Only left it on for one picture.

Then we tested some of the lighting. (Troy, we gotta talk about which lights you want on & when so we can set it up the way you want)

Old 12-17-2008 | 09:30 PM
On The Tree

and more:

We got the left side engine compartment cover installed.

The hole is elliptical because the 4" CAI pipe will be going thru it at an angle.

WE painted the air box in the front cowl area black & covered the orange overspray.

Then we put on the cover....

And we hooked up the Shifter linkage & adjusted it.

We did a few other things that I didn't get pics of.

We have to finish mounting the vent can for the Dry Sump oil tank. Then we can mount up the CAI.

Archie
Old 12-17-2008 | 09:59 PM
On The Tree

old repost for Lowerit:

The LSD came in today.

It's on the left.

Archie
Sorry lowerit no pic's from the trans shop that put it all back together
Old 12-18-2008 | 08:26 PM
On The Tree

update:

Well then let's vision this........

Aside from installing the strut tower brace, this is what the finished engine compartment will look like.

I just wish there was some sun, because this should just glow like a jewel box in the sunlight.

Archie
Old 12-18-2008 | 09:57 PM
11 Second Club

looking damn good
Old 12-19-2008 | 12:59 AM
TECH Senior Member

I love the car, but this is a massively long thread. Pardon me if it's been mentioned before.

Can you give me a breakdown of the transmission cost?

Cyro treating-
LSD-
LSX Adapter-
Clutch pressure plate combo-
Anything else I'm leaving out-

I know the trans themselves are selling pretty cheap, but the cost to put it behind an LS1 compared to the stregth of it makes me have a lot of doubts. Do you think of will last?

Last edited by JasonWW; 12-19-2008 at 01:05 AM.
Old 12-19-2008 | 08:12 AM
On The Tree

Talking

Originally Posted by JasonWW
I love the car, but this is a massively long thread. Pardon me if it's been mentioned before.

Can you give me a breakdown of the transmission cost?

Cyro treating-
LSD-
LSX Adapter-
Clutch pressure plate combo-
Anything else I'm leaving out-

I know the trans themselves are selling pretty cheap, but the cost to put it behind an LS1 compared to the stregth of it makes me have a lot of doubts. Do you think of will last?
Hey Jason that's cheating, you just want the cliff notes, I read all 20 pages of your thread (sweet ride BTW), so go back to page one and start reading J/K just PM Archie I'm sure he can get that info for ya. a little off topic but is your car chopped (yes that's right I'm asking for cliff notes)
Old 12-19-2008 | 08:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

No, I'm still in the design phase. I did get a stripped donor car, though. There's a few different ways of dealing with the side and front glass. I still need to get details on that. Right now I'm planning to have the stock glass cut and then the edges polished (on the side windows).

You think Archie went through a lot of stuff, try to build a whole car almost from scratch. I'm cheating where I can. Using stock doors and door jambs, dash, most of the stock wiring and a few of the body panels, but the rest will be all new. It just takes forever to go from a dream to a real plan that will work, then you have to actually do all the work!

I'm shooting for 2011.

Last edited by JasonWW; 12-19-2008 at 08:32 AM.
Old 12-19-2008 | 03:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Troy
great build I just saw it on pennocks thismorning is this going to be a local car to northern IL. or is just at archies for the work and heading to a new home far away? I look forward to seeing at some shows if it is local. I didn't take mu car to a single show last year but plan to get into it again.
Old 12-19-2008 | 05:56 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by LS1swap
Troy
great build I just saw it on pennocks thismorning is this going to be a local car to northern IL. or is just at archies for the work and heading to a new home far away? I look forward to seeing at some shows if it is local. I didn't take mu car to a single show last year but plan to get into it again.
Archie is going to put the car in a few local car shows in Jan and Feb, but then it goes home to new york.
Old 12-20-2008 | 10:31 PM
TECH Resident

this is a sickkk build.....its got me thinking, i got an 86 fiero in my driveway and an ls7 in the garage.... hmm im sure my dad wont mind

btw what LEDS are those? did you put those together or did they come in a kit
Attached Thumbnails LS7 Fiero swap-iphone-061.jpg   LS7 Fiero swap-011.jpg  
Old 12-21-2008 | 02:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by NeedaV8foundation
this is a sickkk build.....its got me thinking, i got an 86 fiero in my driveway and an ls7 in the garage.... hmm im sure my dad wont mind

btw what LEDS are those? did you put those together or did they come in a kit
The LED'S are from an Audi S6, they sell a kit that includes the lights and wiring:

http://www.ecstuning.com/stage/edpd/...bcategory=Fogs
Old 12-31-2008 | 01:16 AM
On The Tree

update:

This week, we're working on getting as much put together as we can.

We installed & adjusted the rocker panels & got the rear clip fastened into place.

We also installed the hood & the NSX-R lights. Adjusting the nose, hood, lights & everything else as we went.

Archie

Quick Reply: LS7 Fiero swap