Convertible Vehicles Enthusiasts | Information | Maintenance

Final pics of car with Roll Bar

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2006 | 06:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Default Final pics of car with Roll Bar

Thought I would snap a few more before I load it up and trailer it to the Autofair at Charlotte Lowes Motor Speedway. I will be showing with the club Carolina F-body.

I will post up some pics of the show when I get back. Should be a few verts there.
Attached Thumbnails Final pics of car with Roll Bar-pic_0040.jpg   Final pics of car with Roll Bar-pic_0030.jpg   Final pics of car with Roll Bar-pic_0035.jpg  
Old 04-06-2006 | 06:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

holy ****... your car is a beauty the roll bar makes it look mean! your car is exactly like mine minus the CME! nice job who ever did it
Old 04-06-2006 | 06:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Thumbs up

nice..have fun.
Old 04-06-2006 | 07:25 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00cls1camaross
holy ****... your car is a beauty the roll bar makes it look mean! your car is exactly like mine minus the CME! nice job who ever did it
Thanks man. I bought it from Wolfe Racecraft and I installed it since it is a straight foward bolt-in.

Wife thinks it looks like a race car now.
Old 04-07-2006 | 12:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Looks sharp, I like it.
Old 04-07-2006 | 08:57 AM
Launching!

Dude.... that looks kickass!!!
Old 04-07-2006 | 10:12 AM
11 Second Club

very nice cage.....I have the same one......
Old 04-08-2006 | 07:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

I have the same except welded in now...how did you get the cover to fit with the top down? What did you do to cut the plastic cover in the shape of the rear bars?

Jim
Old 04-08-2006 | 07:46 PM
TECH Fanatic

i just order my 6 point last night they told 5 weeks delay but i will get it 6 weeks from yesterday can wait
Old 04-10-2006 | 08:42 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Jimmyz
I have the same except welded in now...how did you get the cover to fit with the top down? What did you do to cut the plastic cover in the shape of the rear bars?

Jim
I took a dremmel tool to mine, just cut it out a little bit at a time, till it fit......took me a while to do, since the cover is pretty thick.....
Old 04-10-2006 | 05:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Jimmyz

Jim
I used a 2" hole saw. I set up a jig with wood and drilled a hole in a 3/4 piece of wood so I have a guide. I cut it just a little bigger than perfect, but it still looks good.

Thanks guys for all the compliments. I won Coolest Camaro at the Auto Fair this past weekend. I owe it all to the new bars.
Old 04-16-2006 | 10:36 PM
On The Tree

very nice. how much did you spend on the cage?
Old 04-17-2006 | 09:26 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Brian2001SS
Thought I would snap a few more before I load it up and trailer it to the Autofair at Charlotte Lowes Motor Speedway. I will be showing with the club Carolina F-body.

I will post up some pics of the show when I get back. Should be a few verts there.

Are you a taller dude? 'Cause I want to order the same bars, but I'm six-two, most of which is in torso. So how close does your head come to the bar?
The stock seat doesn't fit my back/torso, I can't use the top of the seat as a head rest, if I do, than I'm facing the sky. Think I'll have a problem?
Old 04-17-2006 | 11:53 AM
TECH Resident

Is that a 4 point? I like the way that looks in your car man. I have thought about puttin gone in my WS6. The only thing that I was worried about was the bar between the back seat and front seats, but with your pics I see that it is removeable......I just may get one yet!!
Old 04-17-2006 | 05:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kanewolf
Are you a taller dude? 'Cause I want to order the same bars, but I'm six-two, most of which is in torso. So how close does your head come to the bar?
The stock seat doesn't fit my back/torso, I can't use the top of the seat as a head rest, if I do, than I'm facing the sky. Think I'll have a problem?
I am about 6'4" and do alright. If I sit straight up an lean my head way back, I can touch the bar with the back of my head. If I sit normal (slouched) then it comes close, but doesn't really hit it.
Old 04-17-2006 | 05:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by 00TAProject
Is that a 4 point? I like the way that looks in your car man. I have thought about puttin gone in my WS6. The only thing that I was worried about was the bar between the back seat and front seats, but with your pics I see that it is removeable......I just may get one yet!!
Indeed its a four point. No climbing over the door bars, and the rear center bar is removable so my 10 yr old daughter can get back in the back with ease.
Old 04-17-2006 | 05:18 PM
Teching In

I am about 6'4" and do alright. If I sit straight up an lean my head way back, I can touch the bar with the back of my head. If I sit normal (slouched) then it comes close, but doesn't really hit it.
Hmmm....
Thanks for the info,
ya know it is the height issue that stopped me from getting a Vette, but the vert and the coupe were both too short, my head hovers about an inch from the top brace in Vettes, so I got a Camaro. I've been dying to get a bar, but was unsure about the head clearance. I'm still a bit weary, I mean, if I hit a bump in the road or something, I could whack my head.

Is that bar you got NHRA approved for verts?
Old 04-17-2006 | 05:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Hmmm....
Thanks for the info,
ya know it is the height issue that stopped me from getting a Vette, but the vert and the coupe were both too short, my head hovers about an inch from the top brace in Vettes, so I got a Camaro. I've been dying to get a bar, but was unsure about the head clearance. I'm still a bit weary, I mean, if I hit a bump in the road or something, I could whack my head.

Is that bar you got NHRA approved for verts?
The only way I could ever hit the bar would be if someone rear ended me very hard forcing my head way back to hit it. The bar sits a good distance behind the seat. Its not over your head by any means.

The way I understand it, a legal bar must be 6pt and have a welded center bar. It may also have to be welded versus bolt-in. But then again, Every track techs different. I am all Road Racing. Gave up drag racing since I couldn't do both and had to make a choice on the direction I wanted to go. All I needed NOT to run "lead follow" was a roll bar. I'm all good now.
Old 04-18-2006 | 09:24 AM
Teching In

The only way I could ever hit the bar would be if someone rear ended me very hard forcing my head way back to hit it. The bar sits a good distance behind the seat. Its not over your head by any means.

The way I understand it, a legal bar must be 6pt and have a welded center bar. It may also have to be welded versus bolt-in. But then again, Every track techs different. I am all Road Racing. Gave up drag racing since I couldn't do both and had to make a choice on the direction I wanted to go. All I needed NOT to run "lead follow" was a roll bar. I'm all good now.
Thanks Brian,

that's helpful, I thought you needed an 8'er welded on a vert. But I was looking at the Wolfe stuff, looks real good. Did you do bolt-on or welded?
Old 04-19-2006 | 07:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks Brian,

that's helpful, I thought you needed an 8'er welded on a vert. But I was looking at the Wolfe stuff, looks real good. Did you do bolt-on or welded?
I did bolt in. Made it simple.

Quick Reply: Final pics of car with Roll Bar