Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

White Devil, off life support. Teaser pics

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2011, 10:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by scramblerman
Sounds mean as all hell man! Congrates, can't wait to see vid's of it running around on the street.
Thanks brother. Downhill now

Originally Posted by TooMuchMoney
Damn really nice car, a lot of work and time has been put in it I can see. And it sounds down right nasty. Congrats on its first start.

Thanks a lot man..... I appreciate that
Old 02-22-2011, 02:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

2nd attempt...fuel pressure dropped for initial startup of 65psi,..now at 45psi,..same base tune from diablosport.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d5_Mfndm8GQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aw06iLnctIk
Old 02-22-2011, 05:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That car is sure dang loud
Old 02-22-2011, 05:18 PM
TECH Senior Member

word.

lol.

I'll end up with a a custom catback,...and maybe,...maybe maybe maybe....bullet mufflers of some sort.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by V-seriesTech
word.

lol.

I'll end up with a a custom catback,...and maybe,...maybe maybe maybe....bullet mufflers of some sort.
Arun over on corvette forum is having a deal on magnaflow's I bought a set of them and they really do quiet the car down quite a bit.

No sense in the whole world knowing that you're coming from 2 miles away

Car sounds great and the cam has a nice lope to it. Lots of idiot lights flashing at ya, but that seems to be the general MO of corvettes as they have more electronic gear and sensors than just about any car out there.

Can't wait to see a few a road test videos.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:38 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by BlownVette 2001
Arun over on corvette forum is having a deal on magnaflow's I bought a set of them and they really do quiet the car down quite a bit.

No sense in the whole world knowing that you're coming from 2 miles away

Car sounds great and the cam has a nice lope to it. Lots of idiot lights flashing at ya, but that seems to be the general MO of corvettes as they have more electronic gear and sensors than just about any car out there.

Can't wait to see a few a road test videos.
Cool but, I don't wanna tone the car down too much. I have a few ideas for muffler brands, just gotta do my final design, and have it made.

The lights, are all doing they're job, no brake fluid, no coolant, no power steering, loose connection,..etc.. they'll all be gone once the car is settled in. Being a technician,..I couldn't live with all that. Lights are on for a reason, fix the problem. lol.

One problem though I may not fix, is cause of the alternator,..it will flash a charging system light but,..this is common on any ptk car.

Thanks Tony,..looking forward to shooting those vids.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:20 PM
Banned

That car is sure dang loud
Thats b/c he is making that good powerrrrrr.......O and V-series you DIC said need to service your vehicle soon btw, haha!
Old 02-22-2011, 06:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

It's weird.

The blower, LG pro's, no cats, 3" x into B&B bullets,...the car was loud....

the 346(same exact motor minus the blower) and my 233/237 .649/.598 112 camshaft with NO MUFFLERS was quieter....

Now,..the 364ci motor, and the camshaft now, new heads,....is way louder...way louder. I think it's angry.
Old 02-22-2011, 06:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Cool but, I don't wanna tone the car down too much. I have a few ideas for muffler brands, just gotta do my final design, and have it made.

The lights, are all doing they're job, no brake fluid, no coolant, no power steering, loose connection,..etc.. they'll all be gone once the car is settled in. Being a technician,..I couldn't live with all that. Lights are on for a reason, fix the problem. lol.

One problem though I may not fix, is cause of the alternator,..it will flash a charging system light but,..this is common on any ptk car.

Thanks Tony,..looking forward to shooting those vids.
I could not agree with you more about fixing all of the issues (idiot lights), it's just kind of ironic on these cars that everytime you make mods you end up with xmas lights everywhere.

I got a few on mine right now that I gotta take care of. Been waiting for my buddy to bring me back my Tech2 so I can get things sorted out.

Been a rough year up here weather wise, we got another 4" last night and expecting some more on Friday.

The exhaust that Arun is selling does not strict power as he uses on his own car.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

I could not agree with you more about fixing all of the issues (idiot lights), it's just kind of ironic on these cars that everytime you make mods you end up with xmas lights everywhere.

I got a few on mine right now that I gotta take care of. Been waiting for my buddy to bring me back my Tech2 so I can get things sorted out.

Been a rough year up here weather wise, we got another 4" last night and expecting some more on Friday.

The exhaust that Arun is selling does not strict power as he uses on his own car.

I'm a fan of magnaflow products, i've gotten them for several buddies cars, and we do like them. I think for me, my personal taste,..it makes just a little too bit of a deepish,..muffled tone. Unless you've heard a lot of those mufflers on a lot of cars, you may not notice it but,..I dunno,..I dunno if its for me, I like the way B&B bullets sound, more of a higher pitch, less restrictive of a sound. I haven't heard aruns car run, who knows, it could sound wicked.

Not sure if I have any room for something those sized,... the vibrant performance mufflers,..are probably something i'd go with,..if and when I install a set.
Old 02-22-2011, 08:56 PM
TECH Senior Member

Just looked at his catback,... in my honest first thought, I think that would be a restriction on my ride man. It would help with spool time, as it would add a ton of back pressure but,.. I think it would rob the car of a decent amount of power. Too many sharp turns I think. I know his car is fast but...that looks restrictive.

I'm no rocket scientist though,...nor do I put together as many cars as he does soo,..wadda I know.
Old 02-22-2011, 09:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

...more my style.

http://vibrantperformance.com/catalo...oducts_id=1054
Old 02-23-2011, 05:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Hey J,

If you're not running cats, your car will stay pretty loud with virtually any catback that you use.

Maybe you throw in some electric cut-outs for all out power just before the axles and then it won't matter what cart-back you use.

I had kooks 1 3/4" headers with no cats and GHL Bullets on my SW Z06 and it was loud as heck. Thru on some 3" mid-pipes with cats and it cut the noise down in half.

I'm sure get something figured out.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I run LG's Big 3 on my car. It cost me about 2-3 HP on the dyno compared to the cutouts open..
Old 02-23-2011, 07:10 AM
TECH Senior Member

I'm not looking for quiet, I'm looking for a clean, unique sound. I haven't ran cats in years...and I've installed multiple catbacks on vettes and headers...heard em all. Not worried about it...it'll be the last thing i do.
Old 02-24-2011, 06:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

I'm not looking for quiet, I'm looking for a clean, unique sound. I haven't ran cats in years...and I've installed multiple catbacks on vettes and headers...heard em all. Not worried about it...it'll be the last thing i do.
Just cherry bomb it
Old 02-24-2011, 09:53 PM
TECH Senior Member

Was thinking about it but I didn't want it to sound like a broken C6 Z06.....

DOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

lol...ohh..the pain.
Old 02-26-2011, 06:16 PM
TECH Senior Member

update:

i'm a lazy bitch.

and.

I've been busy. Working 24 hour on call shifts for the past 9 out of 11 days running our roadside program, as well as working at the shop. I haven't really touched the car, but I did notice two a/n fittings leaking, so I have to fix that right away. This upcoming week, I hope to be doing hot laps around the dealership.

have a good weekend-

peace
Old 02-26-2011, 07:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Was thinking about it but I didn't want it to sound like a broken C6 Z06.....

DOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

lol...ohh..the pain.
I almost spit the pop out of my mouth when I read this! LOL!
Old 02-26-2011, 07:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

lol...that ****** deserved it.

Quick Reply: White Devil, off life support. Teaser pics