Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

2014 Stingray-First Drive-Pics

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2013, 03:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default 2014 Stingray-First Drive-Pics

I just drove one of the first, if not, the first 2014 Stingray Corvette in South Fla, thanks to Erik @ Lashway Motorsports. They picked up a base(which is freaking beautiful as a base) Arctic white Stingray Saturday morning. They already made it to the dyno by afternoon/evening making 417rwhp and 408rwtq bone stock. So of course, when I was offered a ride in the vehicle, I couldn't pass it up.

I met up with him at the shop this morning for the chance...here's from today...

this mirror is amazing...

I have more pics,..and video, stil uploading.

Seriously...if you don't end up on a million peoples twitter/facebook/fourms from them taking pics of you driving this car,..you must be doing something wrong or driving in a desert. Once you can focus on what your doing and get back to business of driving a sports car. Which, we did. This thing is amazing. The chassis rigidity is something my Corvette could only dream about being. This has NO body roll in the chassis, at all. The shocks/springs are the only thing that has any sort of give/movement/travel. Again, this is the base coupe. I couldn't imagine the magnetic ride, or even better, coil over's. Everything is designed around the driver. Very fighter jet like. Everything slightly turned towards you. Matter of fact,..you'll never know about certain things the driver can see if you riding as a passenger. It's pretty dope. This one has no nav but, the new gm flat touch screen is amazing. might as well be nav lol. Well don gm. The interior, is honestly amazing. The seats....ohhh the seats. These where the base ones, as competition seats where not available at this time..these are amazing. I don't see anyone moving around in those. BADASS, for sure.

The 7 speed manual,..is nuts. It's as smooth as butter,..in all gears. The car will get up and go if your into the throttle at all. With the 7 speed gear,..your puttering around at 2000 rpm or less, hardly consuming any fuel. If you wanna downshift, the vehicle will actually rev match the gears/rpms for you. You can turn it off but, it is pretty outstanding what they have done here. I honestly feel odd, letting a computer do something for me that I have for so many years done but,..when I allowed it,..it seemed right on point to the input that "I" felt as a driver, that I would have done rpm wise. Very cool. The dash cluster,..is just crazy. I honestly wish I had more time to play with the vehicle, and all the cool stuff but I was focused on the time that I had to drive this thing.

Speeds over 100mph,..very stable. Even with the top off. I fell in love with the car,..as I believe everyone that we encountered did on the roads we drove it on. So many thumbs up, smiles, pics,questions,...it was pretty cool that we where in an American sports car, and not some euro exotic. Props-

Did I mention this was the base?

Thank you again, Erik and Lashway Motorsports.

Last edited by V-seriesTech; 09-30-2013 at 12:02 PM.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Digging the back window and t top view, thanks for sharing for us the less fortunate
Old 09-29-2013, 05:05 PM
TECH Regular

i like these vettes more and more every day, and i like the tail lights as well!

i dont know why people have such hate for it, just wait til the z06/zr1 come out mmmmmm
Old 09-30-2013, 12:33 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Still waiting to see one in real life. Maybe i will go look this week.
Old 09-30-2013, 11:56 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by GMC5.3
Digging the back window and t top view, thanks for sharing for us the less fortunate
Cool deals man. I only drive it with the top down,...kinda wanted to get an idea with the top up how it felt but, honestly, I am glad I didn't. The vehicle chassis was so rigid, even with the top off. It was amazing.

Originally Posted by sick_tight
i like these vettes more and more every day, and i like the tail lights as well!

i dont know why people have such hate for it, just wait til the z06/zr1 come out mmmmmm
I don't know either man... like I said to the owner of the car yesterday while I was driving it(the stingray)..."dude....if anyone drives this car,..and says something negative about it,..i'm gonna punch them in the ******* face."

I was pretty sincere.

Drive one. Experience it. If you really don't like it afterwards,..then you either have access to some seriously amazing vehicles in your life,..or your a douchbag thatis biased/spiteful.

A previous Corvette owner, will greatly appreciate being inside a 2014 Corvette. The interior design,..is unreal.

Originally Posted by sbcgenII
Still waiting to see one in real life. Maybe i will go look this week.

Do it.

And although I have seen many in person....the ride/drive is a whole different experience. I do indeed recommend having free time either way,..so you can really look at the car/lines/etc.

Glad everyone enjoyed.
Old 09-30-2013, 12:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

https://ls1tech.com/forums/florida-m...torsports.html
Old 09-30-2013, 03:15 PM
12 Second Club

I love everything about the car but i'm just not 100% sold on the exterior looks yet. I need to see one in person to ultimately decide how I feel about it. Do you like the looks of the car better than say a C6 Z06 or ZR1?
Old 09-30-2013, 07:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Looks amazing.
Old 09-30-2013, 08:14 PM
Teching In

Old 10-01-2013, 10:48 AM
TECH Addict

Thanks for all the pics and info! I sure like the base. If only you could get the lower geared tranny with the base.

Is that the back side of the belt going around the crank pulley?
Old 10-01-2013, 12:59 PM
10 Second Club

Received 72 Likes on 37 Posts

Nice experience. I will definitely be getting one but once the Z07 comes out. Love the white and it's my first and only choice unless a badass orange is released.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:34 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by brians91formula
I love everything about the car but i'm just not 100% sold on the exterior looks yet. I need to see one in person to ultimately decide how I feel about it. Do you like the looks of the car better than say a C6 Z06 or ZR1?
Hmm,..the Carbon Z06 or ZR1,...those, are really sexy machine's. It's hard for me, to judge between the three. If I was offered all three...honestly, I would take the ZR1,..just, for what it is. But, I think the potential for the C7 to mammoth it, wouldn't be too hard to do. Looks wise,..the C7 looks like one of the best designed vehicles....to me.

The ZR1 wide body, vs anything,...is a tough battle though, to me. The ZR1, is one car to me, that I think needs no body enhancements(other then a hood). The C7,...once the Z07/ZR1 versions are released, will only need wider fenders and wheels.

I think once we see the C7 lower, which, I will call lashway and see if they did that yet, I believe they where gonna do that Sunday/Monday....it should make the car look even better....then once we see some wheels on them....wider wheels....I don't think a whole lot can be improved on.

Thats just me.

Originally Posted by blackbirdls1
Looks amazing.
Word, I agree.

Originally Posted by GoldenFlame
paper towels are in the bathroom.

Originally Posted by Larry
Thanks for all the pics and info! I sure like the base. If only you could get the lower geared tranny with the base.

Is that the back side of the belt going around the crank pulley?
yessir.

Lots of neat things going on in front of that engine as well. What my cell phone fails to show, is the mass amount of room that APPEARS to be there.

Won't know though until we take off that factory snorkle/airbox.

Originally Posted by Detoxx03
Nice experience. I will definitely be getting one but once the Z07 comes out. Love the white and it's my first and only choice unless a badass orange is released.

Nice. I haven't seen a color I don't like yet but, I also think white, might be my favorite as well. Although, the blue/silver/green/black would be a nice option as well.

plans are to go to Palm Beach International raceway tomorrow with some GOPRO's and get some footage. I still need to upload what I have from Sunday too.

Thanks for the comments and questions fella's. Glad you dig the info-
Old 10-01-2013, 08:40 PM
TECH Regular

i think you cant compare the looks of any vettes, each has their own style and performance. I think the saying is definitely evident with the C5Z, C6Z/ZR1 and the new C7's each are gorgeous in their own way. imho
Old 10-02-2013, 03:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by sick_tight
i think you cant compare the looks of any vettes, each has their own style and performance. I think the saying is definitely evident with the C5Z, C6Z/ZR1 and the new C7's each are gorgeous in their own way. imho
I agree bro,..I do agree.

We have 2 C2's,2 C4's, and 2 C5's in the direct fam...each is equally loved and unique.
Old 10-06-2013, 09:36 PM
TECH Addict

Thanks for the write up my man. You're welcome back anytime!!!

Erik@Lashway
Old 10-07-2013, 02:17 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by erikthegoalie
Thanks for the write up my man. You're welcome back anytime!!!

Erik@Lashway
Clear out the new shop....I may roll up in the tahoe and run some 4WD doughnuts inside, go pros attached.

Thanks again man,...good times.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:11 PM
TECH Fanatic

C7 is AWESOME, haterz will convert, just as C5 crowd did after the C6 had greater visibility. Of course the rear still looks, and smells, like ****, but I bet a few vendors will have the cure by early 2014 for those wanting the C6 style.
I 'may' get to drive one today, a manual,,, hoping it happens!!
Old 10-09-2013, 08:18 PM

Received 161 Likes on 99 Posts

Excellent job J-
Old 10-10-2013, 11:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by onebadcad
C7 is AWESOME, haterz will convert, just as C5 crowd did after the C6 had greater visibility. Of course the rear still looks, and smells, like ****, but I bet a few vendors will have the cure by early 2014 for those wanting the C6 style.
I 'may' get to drive one today, a manual,,, hoping it happens!!
I am glad he bought white!! Lemme know if he gets it today, I am sure he can't wait. They really are sweet cars.

Originally Posted by JayplaySS2
Excellent job J-

Thank you sir!
Old 10-11-2013, 12:30 PM
Launching!

Received 22 Likes on 10 Posts

This is very good to hear, glad it didn't get soft and disengaging, especially with the electronic steering. the future isn't depressing after all.
Is both 6th and 7 overdrives, or 6th is a bit more usable?
I'm glad C6 drivetrain parts will go down, for me to grab

Quick Reply: 2014 Stingray-First Drive-Pics