Old 11-10-2004, 09:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Awesome C6 Z06 photoshop!

]
Old 11-10-2004, 10:02 PM
Staging Lane

Wow, if the Z06 looks like that I will be very satisfied!!!

Rob
Old 11-10-2004, 11:33 PM
On The Tree

I' ll take two
Old 11-11-2004, 06:47 AM
TECH Apprentice

nice man. look at those meats. Cant we just get an unchanged concept once in life!
Old 11-11-2004, 07:18 AM
Staging Lane

I dont think its going to be FRC. Speed channel had a show (might have been car crazy or something) with ispy pics and showed the supposed z06, looked a lot like the c6 but with a removable cloth top or something wierd.
Old 11-11-2004, 09:23 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by generalchaos
I dont think its going to be FRC. Speed channel had a show (might have been car crazy or something) with ispy pics and showed the supposed z06, looked a lot like the c6 but with a removable cloth top or something wierd.
they put a removable cloth top on the z06 it will kill it IMO.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:16 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by generalchaos
It will be an FRC...although I have heard the roofline won't be so "notched" for better aero. They were trying to make the car look like a regular C6 so it wouldn't be so obvious out in the daylight.

EDIT:

Believe it or not, that is NOT a photoshop. The only thing photoshop about it is the color and that it has been lowered a bit. That came from an actual picture of the actual car. The original was some eggshell blueish white....kinda cool actually but that black is absolutely WICKED. The timeframe for this is perfect. GM starts leaking stuff 2 months before the unveiling....that is exactly what they did laste year at this time for the C6. And then the supposed semi-threatening emails to delete the pic off of the website because it is GM property....yada yada yada.

The most beautiful thing is this:

6-piston front and 4-piston rear calipers
• Cross-drilled rotors
• Aluminum engine block with 104.8-mm bores and pressed-in liners
• Forged steel crankshaft with 101.6-mm stroke
• 6-bolt, forged steel main bearing caps
• Titanium connecting rods
• Cast aluminum flat-top pistons
• Racing-derived CNC-ported aluminum cylinder heads with 70-cc chambers
• 56mm titanium intake valves
• 41mm sodium-filled exhaust valves
• 11.0:1 compression ratio
• Composite manifold with 90 mm single-bore throttle body
• Camshaft with 15-mm (.591-inch) lift
• Dry-sump oiling system
• 7000-rpm redline
WEIGHT: 3130lbs/1420kg

500hp/475lb-ft torque.

Last edited by FLYNLO; 11-11-2004 at 10:40 AM.
Old 11-11-2004, 10:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by FLYNLO
It will be an FRC...although I have heard the roofline won't be so "notched" for better aero. They were trying to make the car look like a regular C6 so it wouldn't be so obvious out in the daylight.

Beautiful photoshop. I bet it will be something close to that. I will have a very hard time not going in the poor house to buy one. And Dean will be trippin' out!!!
Yeah, don't do that to me John...LOL! I said I was keeping my 04, but they are tempting me. I will never get a car paid off if I don't keep something for more than a year or two...sigh!
Old 11-11-2004, 03:12 PM
Launching!

There's tons of zo6 spy pics on the other forums,(real pics) that answer all of these questions.About 20 different,close up angles of the car.
Here's just 3 of many out there..

Old 11-11-2004, 03:50 PM
TECH Resident

Yep, seen all of those but they are pretty well camouflaged. There was speculation that the white car above is just a mule and could be far from the final iteration. So those pics are far from "answering all of the questions" as you say. The first pic in this post IS supposedly the final iteration with no Camo(the only photoshop is the color and it is lowered)........take it for what it is worth. Corvetteforum and ZO6vette both have extensive discussion on this picture. It showed up on ZO6vette first and has since been taken off at GM's request. Could just be a posturing PR move. It could be a game they are playing. In any event, that black thing at the top of this page is a badass ****!!!!!!!!
Old 11-11-2004, 04:32 PM
Launching!

Ya, i know the story on the cars pictured above.That black one you posted was done by a fellow member at DC.com,he also did them in pink,red,gray,orange.I moderate at DC,we did not remove the pics,just made them links,but you can still view them.These pictures are not watermaked or signed by GM,so leagally they can do nothing.There not GM property.
It's probably very close to that photoshop though,(without the drop of coarse)...I like the wide body look,but it's still to c6ish for me.I will keep my c5 and wait for the c7 to com,Mr.Hill already said the c6 will be a short run..By next summer i'll have 500/5000 power levels,maybe i'll get to race one at the track sometime next year.
Old 11-17-2004, 12:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

If I don't get the car, then I'm getting the rims...LOL!

Quick Reply: Awesome C6 Z06 photoshop!