C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

Questions About Water Methanol Alcohol Injection - Post Them Here

Search this Thread

Old 02-10-2008, 02:46 PM
AIS
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Questions About Water Methanol Alcohol Injection - Post Them Here

Alcohol Injection Systems, LLC would like to personally address and answer any questions members may have about the use and effects of water alcohol methanol injection with forced induction applications as well as naturally aspirated and nitrous applications.

Let us know what your questions are so we can help better inform everyone about water methanol injection.

Have a question and want to speak to someone directly about water alcohol/methanol injection. Give us a call directly at 1.801.447.2559 or email us directly at info@alcoholinjectionsystems.com

www.alcoholinjectionsystems.com
Old 02-16-2008, 12:44 PM
AIS
Banned

Old 02-16-2008, 01:42 PM
TECH Resident

Hi AIS,

my engine is tuned OLSD, the MAF is not in the car anymore.

The IAT sensor is relocated in the FAST Intake, pic below:

Using HPTuner how do I tune your Water Methanol Alcohol Injection system.

Christian
Old 02-16-2008, 08:48 PM
9 Second Club

Alky Tuning Question... When tuning with alky where is the best place to set the dial?

Is it better to set the dial 1 or 2 digits below max flow/spray and tune from there?
Is it better to set the dial at a minimum and tune up from there.

Reason being at the present time and budget I`m stuck with the small 3.5 twin intercoolers and asking if alky in a large flow/spray configuration can help makeup for my lack of intercooling. I would like to push 10/12lbs with the 3.5 intercoolers on a forged motor and feel I`m kind of playing it safe with the alky...
Old 02-22-2008, 12:00 PM
AIS
Banned

Originally Posted by miami993c297
Hi AIS,

my engine is tuned OLSD, the MAF is not in the car anymore.

The IAT sensor is relocated in the FAST Intake, pic below:

Using HPTuner how do I tune your Water Methanol Alcohol Injection system.

Christian
This largely depends on the type of system your using, Stage 1 or Stage 2, the type of fluid you use and your activation and settings for the water methanol injection system.

When using a mixture containing a methanol mixture of 50/50 you will need to reduce fuel through the ECU to compensate for the added fuel (methanol) being brought in to the engine through the water methanol injection system.

Depending on the engine and again so many other factors, you can then begin increasing timing 2 degree's at a time until the slightest hint of detonation occurs at which point you will want to back the timing timing down approx. 2-3 degree's. With the LS1 engines you'll find they generally don't make any more power with more then 20-22 degree's. many times were able to push timing as high as 26-27 degree's before the onset of detonation. However, after reviewing pulls on the dyno we find we generally make our most power at 20-21 degree's No need to run the additionally timing. This makes for a very safe tune.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:02 PM
AIS
Banned

Originally Posted by mikep2002
Alky Tuning Question... When tuning with alky where is the best place to set the dial?

Is it better to set the dial 1 or 2 digits below max flow/spray and tune from there?
Is it better to set the dial at a minimum and tune up from there.

Reason being at the present time and budget I`m stuck with the small 3.5 twin intercoolers and asking if alky in a large flow/spray configuration can help makeup for my lack of intercooling. I would like to push 10/12lbs with the 3.5 intercoolers on a forged motor and feel I`m kind of playing it safe with the alky...
For your application, since your already intercooled our stage 1 system is all that you need. We have done plenty of testing and found this system to be more then adequate for intercooled low to moderate boost applications such as yours.

If your looking for a great deal on a water methanol injection systems be sure to check out our group purchase listed here on the forum. Only good till the end of the month.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...light=methanol

Last edited by AIS; 02-22-2008 at 03:20 PM.
Old 02-22-2008, 12:02 PM
AIS
Banned

If your looking for a great deal on a water methanol injection systems be sure to check out our group purchase listed here on the forum. Only good till the end of the month.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/showthrea...light=methanol

Last edited by AIS; 02-22-2008 at 03:20 PM.
Old 02-28-2008, 04:00 PM
AIS
Banned

Orders are shipping! See details below.

Were about ready to wrap up this GP tomorrow. Before ending this GP we would like everyone to get a chance to hear about it as the discounts being offered are quite substantial for members involved. Because we have listed this GP on other forums we have already meet our required number of 6 orders on other forums. Even though we have only received 3 orders from "LS1Tech Forum" we want to include these members orders into the GP therefor we are going to combine all the forum efforts and begin processing and shipping these orders.

One common problem we run into is members finding the GP a week or month later and still wanting us to offer them the same price. Unfortunately, we will not be able to offer these same prices after the group purchase has ended. Therefor, we want everyone to get the opportunity hear about it and to join in now while the group purchase discounts still apply.

Let us know if you have any questions or if you need help choosing the right system for your application.
Old 03-04-2008, 05:09 PM
10 Second Club

Just got off the phone with rob! Very helpful and gave me lots of info.... Should have my kit soon!
Old 03-06-2008, 05:31 PM
AIS
Banned

Originally Posted by n2oJOE
Just got off the phone with rob! Very helpful and gave me lots of info.... Should have my kit soon!
Its a pleasure working with you. Let us know how else we can help. Thanks for the support.

Rodney
Old 03-13-2008, 10:17 AM
AIS
Banned

Have questions about water methanol injection? Post them here or call us directly at 1.801.447.2559
Old 03-18-2008, 11:15 PM
AIS
Banned

Our special is wrapping up at the end of this month. If you've wanted a fender mount water methanol injection system this is a great opportunity to get in on one of our under the hood fender/firewall mount systems.

Have questions or need help, give us a call directly or post your questions here.
Old 03-22-2008, 07:10 AM
TECH Fanatic

Is it worth getting a system like this for a N/A car? I have a big cam in my car and eventually will go with a set of heads for it. What will the car typically gain from this setup? Thanks
Old 03-28-2008, 10:06 AM
AIS
Banned

Originally Posted by scramblerman
Is it worth getting a system like this for a N/A car? I have a big cam in my car and eventually will go with a set of heads for it. What will the car typically gain from this setup? Thanks
I generally don't recommend water methanol injection for NA applications as most who inquire about it do not need it. If this were supercharged, turbocharged or nitrous I would certainly suggest adding a system. If you would like to discuss this in more detail feel free to call me directly at 1.801.447.2559

Rodney
Old 03-28-2008, 01:37 PM
10 Second Club

I just got my kit last week im gonna do some base line runs at the track then install this system. hopefully ill get well into the 9's this season!!! thanks for the help!
Old 03-29-2008, 09:42 AM
AIS
Banned

Originally Posted by n2oJOE
I just got my kit last week im gonna do some base line runs at the track then install this system. hopefully ill get well into the 9's this season!!! thanks for the help!
Sounds great. Keep me posted and definitely call me if you have questions.

Rodney
Old 04-29-2008, 08:46 AM
AIS
Banned

www.AlcoholInjectionSystems.com
Old 05-25-2008, 12:53 PM
AIS
Banned

Old 06-09-2008, 07:36 AM
11 Second Club

Will the methanol have any effect on the rings or piston long term? I have total seal rings.
Old 06-09-2008, 09:54 AM
AIS
Banned

Originally Posted by David Gordon
Will the methanol have any effect on the rings or piston long term? I have total seal rings.
No. Even when were spraying a big pure shot of meth, the methanol will only comprise of 20-25% of the total fuel going into the engine. Your still running a large portion of gasoline which is keeping everything lubricated. This is not like like were running pure methanol with no gasoline in which we need to be concerned.

Let me know if you have any other questions or how I can help.

Rodney

Quick Reply: Questions About Water Methanol Alcohol Injection - Post Them Here