Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

F-body to Vette converts...advise please?

Search this Thread

Old 03-03-2008, 04:27 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats man
Old 03-04-2008, 09:07 AM
Banned

lol typical f body owners...............oh come race me............lol get real id race too if i was in a 7 thousand dollar f body.........but ya u guys r right the vette is slower.............lol go ahead with your M6 f bods and try to get out of the whole faster on stock tires than the vette with a4 and irs.........but its cool couse the f body has the power to weight ratio in effect and its just gonna come trucking at the top of the quarter mile on the vette right??? haha ya makes great sense! lol and let me see a stock LS1 in my area in an f body that will run better than mid 13s

and seriously u guys have no idea how many f bodies i went through b4 i got a real car thats how i know, my ws6 formula my georgous 99 M6 SS a number of serious LT1 cars and obviously a few thirdgens between.......i have been on the inside of the gay little f body world and i know how those dooshbags can think, all the sudden you move out ok and its "ya ill take the vette" then all the sudden its "ya if i had slicks and gears ill take the vette stock for stock haha ya whatever.........goddamn 4 seat performance car!!! like WTF is that?? Thats y its hard to respect an f body owner becouse most of them are disgruntled factory workers who hate vettes becouse its the next step they cant afford lol run around saying" ya welll see this summer when i do this or that to my car how bad i smoke those rich *** pompus ***** in thier vettes" just little haters scrunched up in the corner of the room sittin there by themselves.........hating.....................just remember f body guys equal mods and the vette will always come out on top in the quarter but on the track lol but keep at it guys i mean anything can be made fast right?? haha hell there are cobalts that can run 11 nowadays!!!

so to the person started this thread i can bet u are very happy with the vette as i said u probably would have earlier so congrats! way better driving machine and a thousand times better looking than some big boaty firebird wouldnt u say? and how do u loke the all removable top? no gay little t top bar there!! sweet huh? hate to bash the f bodies but its been a long road and alot of busted knuckles with these f bodies to get where im at, they are problematic, cheaply built horribly designed cars with a joke of a rear susp (i mean someone please chime in where im wrong) lol ahhh the 10 bolt......how many 675$ brnad new 10bolts did i see at the track just explode!! Garbage! and anyone who can afford to convert from f body to vette will agree........well almost anyone

89formula....................lol ya almost 4 grand for an LT1 Z? id say u paid too much! when your cars bluebook exceeds what a new set of tires for my car is than u can address me with such stupidity!
Old 03-04-2008, 09:15 AM
12 Second Club

Well then I guess people in your area can't drive worth a damn because if no one can get out of the mid 13's then, well...they must have the driving skills of a 11 yr old in a wheel chair. I guess the FACT that stock fbodies have dipped into the 12's mean nothing right? Also, since when is IRS great for launching at the track?

You've proven once again that you're nothing but a pompous douche bag(note the spelling please).

I'm curious, how do you make enough $$ to afford your car when you can't even type/speak properly? You must be some spoiled rich kid or some crack head drug dealer.

Fbody guys don't dislike 'vette guys, we're all brothers in the fight against rice and Fords...however they dislike *** clowns like yourself who think their **** doesn't stink. Oh wow, you own a 'vette..OMG you must be the COOLEST car guy ever. ****, a good amount of 'vette owners aren't even car guys, they just think they look pretty and have the cash to shell out for one(NOTE: I'm not talking about all 'vette owners, just a small group).
Old 03-04-2008, 09:27 AM
Banned

see your still stuck in your little f body state of mind! lol hate the rice??? lets grow up and face it that import cars are some of the best performers in the world! not to mention some of the most expensive..........lol probably why most f body owners hate imports too
Old 03-04-2008, 09:32 AM
12 Second Club

Ahh I see so now it's a Fbody state of mind?

BIG difference between "rice" and "imports"..maybe you're not intelligent enough to understand the difference. Nowhere did I say imports.

So basically what you're saying is that because someone has a Fbody they're broke? Hmmm...what about the guys that have both? What about the guys that can afford what they want yet choose to drive a car they like?

Dumbass.
Old 03-04-2008, 09:37 AM
12 Second Club

Mr. Hopkins,
I really appreciate your thanks and likewise your support; however, could we please just drop this so that my thread doesnt get closed? Most of us started with F-bodys...some of us stay, some of us go. Either way, untill someone is flaunting their 4.6Gt Stang, we are on the same team.
Old 03-04-2008, 10:09 AM
Banned

lol ok well what in the "rice" classification is even on the level of a vette?............and honestly i think if we could all have a vette as our daily driver we would......i mean hey after some guys pull the trigger on thier vette theres usually a bit of spare change left over to go buy an f body to putt around town in

mavrik.......fair enough i am done with this arguement on this thread.....anyone want to debate the f body to vette comparison in any way start a new thread
Old 03-04-2008, 10:14 AM
12 Second Club

mr hopkins my offer stands, ill pay your entry fee to any of the 3 nj tracks if your not scared of losing to a stock internal "7000 dollar fbody" i also dont understand your point of the sticker price of my car having anything to do with me, since its not my only car or my daily driver
Old 03-04-2008, 10:29 AM
12 Second Club

Thank you MrHopkins!
cbrrmike, please just PM him
Old 03-04-2008, 10:54 AM
Staging Lane

Congrats on the vette! Besides Mr. Spaz-***, everyone gave you good advise. You won't regret the change, but I bet that TA won't be your last f-body.
Old 03-04-2008, 11:51 AM
Launching!

I sense that someone was abused as a child.
Old 03-04-2008, 12:29 PM
Teching In

First off: Mavrik, I'm sorry, just this and I'm done.

Originally Posted by MR.HOPKINS03Z06
lol ok well what in the "rice" classification is even on the level of a vette?
These are.

(performance doesn't account for ugliness)

You can now return to your regularly schduled thread.
Old 03-04-2008, 01:01 PM
12 Second Club

LOL^^^^Those ARE ricer! nice...
Old 03-04-2008, 01:30 PM
TECH Fanatic

If I could I would have my t/a back and have the vette as well. They are both great cars. I personally think a ws6 is a more mean looking car than the vette. The the vette is a more all around better car, to a certain point. I will say, yes the vette is faster and can do alot of things better than the my old ws6, but I will say the ws6 was more fun. Sorry but had to say it. Always wanted a vette and now I have one. Got a silver one just like my dads 69 conv.

Enjoy the crap out the car!!!
Old 03-04-2008, 04:03 PM
12 Second Club

Mavrik, you keep saying you don't want to mod the car...LOL...good luck with that

It's going to be addicting
Old 03-04-2008, 05:31 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Frosty
Mavrik, you keep saying you don't want to mod the car...LOL...good luck with that

It's going to be addicting

hes already texting me about a KB blower hahahhahhaha
Old 03-04-2008, 06:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by MR.HOPKINS03Z06
lol ok well what in the "rice" classification is even on the level of a vette?............and honestly i think if we could all have a vette as our daily driver we would......i mean hey after some guys pull the trigger on thier vette theres usually a bit of spare change left over to go buy an f body to putt around town in

mavrik.......fair enough i am done with this arguement on this thread.....anyone want to debate the f body to vette comparison in any way start a new thread
50k for a car with leaf springs in the back....lol.

Explaing your arguement that a vette has 350hp and a fbody has 305. We(beside you) all know that a fbody and vette with ls1s put out similar power(usually the fbody puts out more hp to the wheels because the irs sucks up more power).
Old 03-04-2008, 06:07 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by LostCauseZ06
hes already texting me about a KB blower hahahhahhaha
LOL!!!
Old 03-04-2008, 06:36 PM
On The Tree

I may have already chimed in on this one but...

I have owned a 1998 WS6 and a 2001 WS6 , the 98 was an Auto and the 01 was a 6 speed.... First point dont get an Auto you will regret that decision I promise... Between the 01 and my vette I had an Acura CL Type S Auto which I hated only because of the AUTO....

Second there are a few things I miss about the T/a

1. I love the look of a WS6 , cant beat that design.
2. Solid Rear Axel, much better for the drag strip and bruning up the streets, the C5 , even my Z06 has wheel hop like a SOB and with my T/A I just added LCA and a Tg Arm and eliminated all wheel hop... Soo much more difficult on a CD indep rear suspension, not to mention expensive.
3. Back seat and cargo space.... You wouldnt believe me if I told you what I put in my T/a, that think could fit anything.... Actually I once saw a guy who removed the rear hatch back and took the t-tops off, he has two dirt bikes in the back, my god...
4. CORVETTE TAX!!!!! Everything more expensive.... Tires, Brakes, Aftermarket parts, wheels, everything... they think because you have a Vette you have money... Like the Valet, he expects me to tip big cause I drive a bad *** Z06 but hes only gettin 2 bucks from me regardless of what i drive.
5. I will say however the Corvette handles sooo much better and is more respected. People dont give enough credit to T/a's for thier performance.

If you do it get a ZO6
Old 03-04-2008, 07:57 PM
12 Second Club

Too late man, he already got a 'vette.

Quick Reply: F-body to Vette converts...advise please?