Corvette Performance
C5 | Z06 | C6 | ZR1 | C7

wheel opinion

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2003, 10:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default wheel opinion

I have the silver thin spokes on my 2000 coupe. I like the style of wheel but was considering upgrading to chrome thin spokes? What do you think?

Mike

this is my car

and here are the chrome wheels on a white c5
Old 08-21-2003, 11:16 PM
TECH Junkie

Default Re: wheel opinion

those aint bad, and are still GM wheels, so you know they'll fit w/o a problem. I like Z06s personally, but i dunno if you'd want to put those on there. If money aint a thing, then go w/ something like Fikse or BBS wheels. They're nice, and will look kick-*** w/ the right style.
Old 08-22-2003, 08:19 AM
TECH Fanatic

I actually like the thin spoke wheels. COH has a exchange program where I can trade in my old wheels. Money is an object so I don't think I'd be able to get any of the really nice wheels like Fikse, HRE, etc. What money I do have is going in to go fast parts.
Old 08-22-2003, 09:10 PM
TECH Junkie

no problem w/ that...hehe. All my money is goin towards school . The thin spokes aint bad, another option is just painting the ones you've got now. Maybe doing a black powdercoat, like the Grand Sports had in 96? Ive seen a few white cars w/ black wheels, and it looks pretty nice. Just a thought...

And i dont have anything against the thin spokes, they're sweet lookin rims, just didnt know exactly what you were wantin as far as comments. Hope this helps
Old 08-23-2003, 01:51 AM
TECH Resident

Boos2, also be careful on what you call "chrome" and what is polished. GM had an option on Vettes where you could get polished wheels(I think it cost a good bit) vs the regular painted wheels. GM never offered a "chrome" wheel. Just wanted to make sure you realize that there really are 3 options with chrome(aftermarket) being the shiniest.
Old 08-25-2003, 10:40 AM
TECH Fanatic

I was looking at Corvettes of Houston's wheel exchange program. They say genuine GM factory wheels and they call them chrome. Don't know if they are chrome from the factory or if COH sends out the silver trade-ins and has them stripped and and chromed. I don't think they are polished alum. because they call them chrome.
Old 08-25-2003, 12:18 PM
TECH Resident

I was looking at Corvettes of Houston's wheel exchange program. They say genuine GM factory wheels and they call them chrome. Don't know if they are chrome from the factory or if COH sends out the silver trade-ins and has them stripped and and chromed. I don't think they are polished alum. because they call them chrome.
That is correct. I was just making you aware that there really are 3 different finishes on these wheels. That's all. And yes, COH does use the OEM wheel and chromes them.....MY ZO6s are chrome.
Old 08-25-2003, 02:48 PM
TECH Addict

CCW also has some bad *** rims. But they only come in 19s and they are 2400 Not bad IMO.

And i was also wondering how the COH works. I would like some chrome rims also on my car. But i think im gonna hold off and get the CCWs
Old 08-25-2003, 05:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the replies and comments

Quick Reply: wheel opinion