Polluter Track Times???

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 07:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Like Billy, it seems that the 6.0 and shaved 799s that a "cam only" f-body wouldn't have just slipped your mind. There may or may not be much of a difference but there would be a difference.

like said a few times before my truck motor has factory dished pistons in it and i needed more compression thats why i put 799's on it,not for anymore flow because the 317's flow about the same...but i still dont have but alittle over 11.1 compression(the same territory as ls1's)...
Old 06-02-2010, 07:56 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JonCR96Z
The price is good for a new cam. Can't fault you there.

If you're confident in your cam. Give one away to one of your customers with a heavier car. It you can show some good before and after results, then I'm sure you'll make up for your small loss with extra sales and word of mouth advertisement.

Like Billy, it seems that the 6.0 and shaved 799s that a "cam only" f-body wouldn't have just slipped your mind. There may or may not be much of a difference but there would be a difference.

Again there's more to this than making power on a dyno. I came in this thread originally to see some track results from a car other than yours and Billy's. That didn't happen though. This is one of the only off-the-shelf cams that seems to have no drag racing results (outside of Mooresville) to back it up.
We have gave away 2 cams. Maybe if Moser would give those guys a rear end we'd have some track numbers.

There is more to this than making power on a dyno, but the reality of the matter is most of the hardcore guys that beat on thier junk at the drag strip aren't running "cam only" anyway. And to take it a step farther, most aren't full weight. The vast majority of customers who order a Polluter cam have a nice street car that they want to sound mean and put up a good dyno number. Most don't even drag race period...

We do have one customer from SC that went 7.20's or 7.30's I believe in the 1/8 with the Polluter in a "cam only" 02 SS. I'm not sure if he's on here or not, but his name is Derrick. Its not full weight, but its probably close...had draglites I believe, no back seats, no ac compressor but the hvac was still in the dash. Spec clutch, 9" rear. Fast 90, kooks 1 3/4 headers. If I had to guess I'd say it would be around 3550 lbs race weight.

Dyno numbers are a sure sign of a cams potential. Track ET is a sign of how well the overall combo works together along with raceweight, traction, and driver.

As for billys engine in an f-body, the added 80 lbs would offset any hp gains those stock 799 heads and 18 cubes added. And milling them doesn't even count since he's running the dished piston motor...

If anyone buys a converter or clutch of my choice, a Moser rear end with atleast a 3.73 in an auto car or a 4.10 in a manual, a torque arm, a driveshaft, and some 15" slicks or et streets from us I'll give them a Polluter cam and pushrods. If they pay us to install the above mentioned parts we'll install the cam for free as well. That would save someone about $1000. Pretty much any longtubes will work and a decent catback. LS6 or fast intake. All the normal stuff that everyone would have.... I just don't want to give another cam away for someone to go to the track on a 10 bolt or street tires and nurse it around trying not to break something and producing pitiful results.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

now thats a good deal...
Old 06-02-2010, 09:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Jonathan@Tick

The vast majority of customers who order a Polluter cam have a nice street car that they want to sound mean and put up a good dyno number. Most don't even drag race period...
True.

We do have one customer from SC that went 7.20's or 7.30's I believe in the 1/8 with the Polluter in a "cam only" 02 SS. I'm not sure if he's on here or not, but his name is Derrick. Its not full weight, but its probably close...had draglites I believe, no back seats, no ac compressor but the hvac was still in the dash. Spec clutch, 9" rear. Fast 90, kooks 1 3/4 headers. If I had to guess I'd say it would be around 3550 lbs race weight.
I've went 7.3s with my bolt on car at ~3550lbs. So...

As for billys engine in an f-body, the added 80 lbs would offset any hp gains those stock 799 heads and 18 cubes added. And milling them doesn't even count since he's running the dished piston motor...
First off, 80lbs doesn't mean as much as better heads and more cubes. As Billy said having it on the front could make you lose a little having to change the suspension, but just the weigh itself wouldn't be noticable when compared to the alternative. As far as the milling. Well, he still has more compression than an LS1. That's irrelevant as most change gaskets or mill anyway, but it is added power and it still goes against your argument for cam only cars. Just saying.

If anyone buys a converter or clutch of my choice, a Moser rear end with atleast a 3.73 in an auto car or a 4.10 in a manual, a torque arm, a driveshaft, and some 15" slicks or et streets from us I'll give them a Polluter cam and pushrods. If they pay us to install the above mentioned parts we'll install the cam for free as well. That would save someone about $1000. Pretty much any longtubes will work and a decent catback. LS6 or fast intake. All the normal stuff that everyone would have.... I just don't want to give another cam away for someone to go to the track on a 10 bolt or street tires and nurse it around trying not to break something and producing pitiful results.
Someone should jump on that. And I agree about not just giving it to anyone. There are a lot of powerful setups that should run, but don't for one reason or another. I hope you get some good results out of it.
Old 06-02-2010, 09:51 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 00T/AWS6
I'm going to have to agree with JonCR96Z. You cannot look at your results and assume the same on a 346 ci LS1 with stock heads. They will be completely different. Your car is lighter, your heads flow better, more ci. Not bashing you, great results and the cam is pulling good for you.

As he said if you look at chris1313's setup he was runnin mid 10's cam only. Pull another 300 or so lbs out of his car, more ci's, and better flowin heads and he'd be in the 9's with a smaller cam. It's all in the setup. I'd personally love to see someone who has the polluter cam in an 346, f-body, etc and has results.

not to knock chris1313 but from what all i have read he is the only person to really turn some impressive times or really make great power with this magical 230/230 cam everyone praises.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:29 PM
9 Second Club

well i have a lq4 with 243 heads. still running truck intake. 3400 stall 4l80 at the time i had 457 gears. i made one pass before i snapped an axle in my 9 inch. stock bottom end with 206k on it. best pass was 11.53 at 119.8 with dismal 1.72 60ft

earlier in day i got wheel hop think that is what weakened the axle

PS this swap is in 86 el camino.
Old 06-02-2010, 10:42 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by stumprrp
bottom line is this is the internet and we dont know whats done to anyones cars truthfully.

this is probably the best reply in this whole thread..
Old 06-02-2010, 10:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by bgblockelcamino
well i have a lq4 with 243 heads. still running truck intake. 3400 stall 4l80 at the time i had 457 gears. i made one pass before i snapped an axle in my 9 inch. stock bottom end with 206k on it. best pass was 11.53 at 119.8 with dismal 1.72 60ft

earlier in day i got wheel hop think that is what weakened the axle

PS this swap is in 86 el camino.
Not a bad time considering the 60'. I assume that you're spinning. What brand and size tire are you running? A little more stall would go a long way for you and with that much gear it wouldn't hurt the drivability of it. What does your car weigh?

Originally Posted by blwn_00gt
[/SIZE]

this is probably the best reply in this whole thread..
I guess you should always assume that if your car doesn't run on par with everyone elses, that they aren't telling the whole truth about what they really have.

Last edited by JonCR96Z; 06-02-2010 at 11:56 PM.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:33 PM
9 Second Club

honestly the drivability is fantastic on the car. i know it needs more convertor but i work with what i have/afford. this is is a budget swap more less. i will say the car loved the gears. i had 411 in it before. i have two choices of gear sets gonna try 486 and 513. i am running 295/65/15 which are 30 inch tall so kills my gear a bit. i know i could go with smaller tire.

the setup is gonna be the same as last year only performance mod is trying newer truck intake with a 90mm throttle body. been busy but hoping to have the car back together to get some more results soon.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:35 PM
9 Second Club

also prob around 3200lbs? dunno never been on a scale or a dyno lol. i rather let ET do the talking than play with dyno numbers
Old 06-03-2010, 12:01 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by bgblockelcamino
honestly the drivability is fantastic on the car. i know it needs more convertor but i work with what i have/afford. this is is a budget swap more less. i will say the car loved the gears. i had 411 in it before. i have two choices of gear sets gonna try 486 and 513. i am running 295/65/15 which are 30 inch tall so kills my gear a bit. i know i could go with smaller tire.

the setup is gonna be the same as last year only performance mod is trying newer truck intake with a 90mm throttle body. been busy but hoping to have the car back together to get some more results soon.
I meant to say with that much gear it wouldn't hurt drivability, but that is one hell of a tire.

I'd love to see the difference in just the intake swap. I'm trying to talk someone into the same with a heads/cam LS1 truck.

I also just assumed that your are running the stock Lq4 cam, since you didn't mention it?

If you could get that 60' down in the 1.5s like it should be, you'd have an 11.0-11.1. Maybe 10.9 with the intake swap.
Old 06-03-2010, 12:13 AM
TECH Enthusiast

its almost a toss up on which one would be the better choice...80lbs on the nose of my car or 18ci and alittle more head flow...i should have bought a ls2 and i could of have had the best of both worlds.....but regardless my extra 80lbs does take away from my performance,especially over the nose of my car...
Old 06-03-2010, 08:09 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by JonCR96Z
I meant to say with that much gear it wouldn't hurt drivability, but that is one hell of a tire.

I'd love to see the difference in just the intake swap. I'm trying to talk someone into the same with a heads/cam LS1 truck.

I also just assumed that your are running the stock Lq4 cam, since you didn't mention it?

If you could get that 60' down in the 1.5s like it should be, you'd have an 11.0-11.1. Maybe 10.9 with the intake swap.

sorry i do have the polluter also. thought i mentioned it.

i feel same way that the 60ft should be better. but little by little i keep working the bugs out of it. not really worried about making more power i just need to make my chassis work too.

i will do one change at a time. i want to see what it will do with stock intake after the new gears. then i will swap intake see what it does. i don't like throwing hand grenades under the hood of cars and changing everything.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:33 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The only reason i really chimed in is because i'm big on the cam only list. I love watchin them and seeing what they can do. I am hoping to be runnin in that group of people shortly and see how i can compare. I see everyone makes the top times with a TREX cam and was just trying to see if the polluter can measure up to it. I assume they are very much alike so can't see why not.

I have everything ready to go pretty much just needing suspension now. 3300 raceweight, 92/92, 9" with 4.11's, 42 lbers, th-400 on the way (4600ish stall and TBrake). I have a 230's cam now and was going to do my own comparison if i could afford it haha.
Old 06-03-2010, 03:11 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

whats the fastest with a normal FAST intake? I notice the guys going fast with this cam have a carb style intake.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:37 PM
10 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 00T/AWS6
The only reason i really chimed in is because i'm big on the cam only list. I love watchin them and seeing what they can do. I am hoping to be runnin in that group of people shortly and see how i can compare. I see everyone makes the top times with a TREX cam and was just trying to see if the polluter can measure up to it. I assume they are very much alike so can't see why not.

I have everything ready to go pretty much just needing suspension now. 3300 raceweight, 92/92, 9" with 4.11's, 42 lbers, th-400 on the way (4600ish stall and TBrake). I have a 230's cam now and was going to do my own comparison if i could afford it haha.

you are right it is just a hair smaller 242/244 xer lobes on a 112...it should perform good at the track in a setup car...

hey tick where were you at with this offer when I had my car apart this winter...I would have been glad to try it...

**** I might still take you up on the offer...I like a project and testing different setups...
Old 06-06-2010, 06:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

We have a local guy, syracuse, Lower_the_dynamite. He has the polluter cam with ported 241's. I havent seen him post any track times though. I am sure he will soon.
Old 06-06-2010, 06:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by chrs1313
hey tick where were you at with this offer when I had my car apart this winter...I would have been glad to try it...
You didn't run your mouth enough.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^^^^^^^^^^
Old 06-06-2010, 10:07 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by billyflantos
^^^^^^^^^^
You're the nuthugger here.

Quick Reply: Polluter Track Times???