Stock ls6 motor traps 130+

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 04:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 5 ltr. beater
that's more like bench racing but ok. i appreciate you going out of your way to add a list of mods done
No it isn't bench racing. Since you seem to be a jealous retard I was trying to break it down in simple math that someone of your inexperience level would understand. it is very obvious that you have little experience at doing this and can't understand that attention to details and not just throwing a bunch of money at the mod of the week is what makes a car run the number. I use to run turbo buicks back when there weren't many aftermarket parts and we had to modify the factory stuff to go fast. It took attention to detail and enginuity to make one run the number instead of just opening up a catalog ,breaking out the credit and ordering a bunch of parts to go fast. Even then this forum is full of people that have thrown a lot of money and parts on their cars, make a lot of power and still don't run what they should. These guys are doing it with less because they know what they are doing and cover all of the bases of setting a car up to go fast.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:43 PM
10 Second Club

Received 412 Likes on 330 Posts

Just like Vetteboy said....there is a whole lot more to a car than a motor. When you learn that you won't have to deal with sub-par performance.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

09-02-2002, 02:15 AM #1
5 ltr. beater
Teching In
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 2

misfire mayhem................

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

alright guys. please help me find out this eternal struggle with my car. it all started when i put NGK TR 55 iridium plugs in my car 'cause i thought it would make my car a little faster. (big mistake.....didn't notice and difference ) then i put some 100 octane in my car, and the same night my car misfires like crazy. turns out i burnt up every single spark plug. i go ahead and perform a tune up on it.everything goes back to normal. a month later, my car is missing again but not as bad and not as frequently. some days it will do it and some days it won't. the only mods i have done to the car are just all the free ones. now when i say the car "misfires", you can hear noticeable "bursts" of air from the cutout and the idle will jump a little. can any of you LS1 guru's tell what what i can check for, before i take it back to andy's auto?

Here is testament to 5 meatbeater's vast array of car knowledge from way back in 2002.
Old 12-17-2012, 04:47 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by killer5.3
no it isn't bench racing. Since you seem to be a jealous retard i was trying to break it down in simple math that someone of your inexperience level would understand. It is very obvious that you have little experience at doing this and can't understand that attention to details and not just throwing a bunch of money at the mod of the week is what makes a car run the number. I use to run turbo buicks back when there weren't many aftermarket parts and we had to modify the factory stuff to go fast. It took attention to detail and enginuity to make one run the number instead of just opening up a catalog ,breaking out the credit and ordering a bunch of parts to go fast. Even then this forum is full of people that have thrown a lot of money and parts on their cars, make a lot of power and still don't run what they should. These guys are doing it with less because they know what they are doing and cover all of the bases of setting a car up to go fast.
this guy ^^^^^^^^^
Old 12-17-2012, 04:53 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Killer5.3
09-02-2002, 02:15 AM #1
5 ltr. beater
Teching In
Garage is empty, add now

Trader Rating: 2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

alright guys. please help me find out this eternal struggle with my car. it all started when i put NGK TR 55 iridium plugs in my car 'cause i thought it would make my car a little faster. (big mistake.....didn't notice and difference ) then i put some 100 octane in my car, and the same night my car misfires like crazy. turns out i burnt up every single spark plug. i go ahead and perform a tune up on it.everything goes back to normal. a month later, my car is missing again but not as bad and not as frequently. some days it will do it and some days it won't. the only mods i have done to the car are just all the free ones. now when i say the car "misfires", you can hear noticeable "bursts" of air from the cutout and the idle will jump a little. can any of you LS1 guru's tell what what i can check for, before i take it back to andy's auto?

Here is testament to 5 meatbeater's vast array of car knowledge from way back in 2002.
lmfao.....good find. And this moron is calling bs on guys like us.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:01 PM
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that's more like bench racing but ok. i appreciate you going out of your way to add a list of mods done
You talk about people bench racing when you went and posted this.

heck, STOCK C6Z06's that are LIGHTER and more POWERFUL have a hard time trapping mid 120's; and that LS7 is FAR SUPERIOR to an LS6; and yet one guy with a vette claims hes trapping 130 with I/E and the other with a heavy catfish claims hes trapping higher with less HP..

Lol i love people who are hung up on dyno #'s. They swear they know it all.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:04 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by killer5.3
09-02-2002, 02:15 am #1
5 ltr. Beater
teching in
garage is empty, add now

trader rating: 2

alright guys. Please help me find out this eternal struggle with my car. It all started when i put ngk tr 55 iridium plugs in my car 'cause i thought it would make my car a little faster. (big mistake.....didn't notice and difference ) then i put some 100 octane in my car, and the same night my car misfires like crazy. Turns out i burnt up every single spark plug. I go ahead and perform a tune up on it.everything goes back to normal. A month later, my car is missing again but not as bad and not as frequently. Some days it will do it and some days it won't. The only mods i have done to the car are just all the free ones. Now when i say the car "misfires", you can hear noticeable "bursts" of air from the cutout and the idle will jump a little. Can any of you ls1 guru's tell what what i can check for, before i take it back to andy's auto?

here is testament to 5 meatbeater's vast array of car knowledge from way back in 2002.
win...
Old 12-17-2012, 05:16 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

heck, STOCK C6Z06's that are LIGHTER
What Z06 is lighter than 3000lbs??

Also FWIW... a Z06 on drag radials (Otherwise stock) has done 129.50mph.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:55 PM
TECH Fanatic

This thread is great!!! It has morons who don't understand efficiency In suspension, driveline, driver and tune.
There's so many things so many could learn in here if they put their egos aside and asked knowledgable questions. You may figure a few things out that benefit you and your drag racing experience. 5ltr biter wins the troll award. I think ignoring kids like that can only help them.

Great runs guys, very impressive. This is a purpose built drag strip car. It's gonna do well and upset many more racers hopefully!!lol

Last edited by Zturd; 12-17-2012 at 08:55 PM.
Old 12-17-2012, 06:08 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by vetteboy2k
We took a few shakedown passes in our c5Z to work the bugs out of the car. It wasn't pretty but we managed a 10.75 and 130 mph on a dreadful 60'. (1.668) due to lack of time. We barely had time to tune the car with alot of room to spare. This is only the 3rd full pass with the stock motor.
I'm estimating the raceweight to be around 3000lbs.
The car has ARH, 4.10 gears, fast manifold, CAI, and other supporting bolt ons.
If we have time to play around I can see this setup running low 10's on a 1.3x 60'.
GM makes a killer setup.
what shop?

To be fair, Atco this time of year does have good air.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:17 PM
Teching In

CONGRATS! Like it has been said before, attention to every detail on a car like yours shows. You know what youre doing! Hope to see you, me and Eric all go 8s with a stick in the spring! Good luck!
Old 12-17-2012, 09:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
lmfao.....good find. And this moron is calling bs on guys like us.

...because every ls1 owner didnt ask a stupid question at some point. got it. so you go back 10 years?

do you want my first essay in high school while you're at it?
Old 12-17-2012, 09:32 PM
Old School Heavy

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Zturd
There's so many things so many could learn in here if they put their egos aside and asked knowledgeable questions. You may figure a few things out that benefit you and your drag racing experience
I personally would LOVE to hear some of the tricks that make a stock LS6 go 130 in the 1/4.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:33 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by adamantium
You talk about people bench racing when you went and posted this.

never said that....however looks like i need to go purchase an electric water pump and get some weight reduction. should be trapping 140 no problem.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jaredz28
CONGRATS! Like it has been said before, attention to every detail on a car like yours shows. You know what youre doing! Hope to see you, me and Eric all go 8s with a stick in the spring! Good luck!
That would be cool.
Old 12-17-2012, 09:58 PM
10 Second Club

...because every ls1 owner didnt ask a stupid question at some point. got it. so you go back 10 years?

Not that stupid....lol
Originally Posted by speedtigger
I personally would LOVE to hear some of the tricks that make a stock LS6 go 130 in the 1/4.
Reduction of parasitic losses
Old 12-17-2012, 10:06 PM
Old School Heavy

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Reduction of parasitic losses
Are we talking about belt driven accessories here or something else?
Old 12-17-2012, 10:11 PM
12 Second Club

Wow there are some ignorant ******** in this thread. My buddy Ron (98tadriver on here) runs 10.7s at 125 in his bolt on only LS1 vette at the same track in similar conditions with a very similar raceweight. I can see gaining 5mph from the ls6 cam and 243 heads that are on an LS6 equipped car...
Old 12-17-2012, 10:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by LostM
what shop?

To be fair, Atco this time of year does have good air.
No shop needed.
I agree, the air was good.
Old 12-17-2012, 10:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yea, why don't you go back about 2 years and give us that.... or maybe you need a delorean so you can go back to the future for that. You only need to go 88 mph and with your unmatched speed skills that should be no problem, Hopefully you don't have those iridium plugs in it too.

Quick Reply: Stock ls6 motor traps 130+