Stock ls6 motor traps 130+

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2013, 09:58 AM
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Correction factors are less for boosted cars. Check out dragtimes.com calculator. They don't call the things altitude compensators for nothing.
Since Dragtimes.com calculator on the internet is a reputable source for every car thats ever drag raced......
Old 01-14-2013, 11:17 AM
10 Second Club

Received 425 Likes on 336 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawhead
Since Dragtimes.com calculator on the internet is a reputable source for every car thats ever drag raced......
Alot of people use it. I just used it as a example....go split hundredths with someone else. Fact is boosted cars has less correction.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:37 PM
12 Second Club

Received 51 Likes on 37 Posts

Originally Posted by speedtigger
I don't know if you were referring to my post or not, but if so, I specified temperature not D/A. And, I can tell you from experience turbo cars pick up way harder than N/A cars in cold weather. This is especially true with air to air or no intercoolers. Air to water or chemical intercooling may be less so.
Was directed at got-a-ls1.. your post just happened in the middle.

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
Alot of people use it. I just used it as a example....go split hundredths with someone else. Fact is boosted cars has less correction.
This.. they don't slap FI on airplane engines just for the cool noises.
Old 01-14-2013, 12:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ they don't? lol
Old 01-17-2013, 09:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The car made 414/383 on Tune Time Performance's mustang dyno with a nice broad torque curve and peak hp near redline.
Old 01-17-2013, 10:44 PM
10 Second Club

Good #'s!!!

Just out of curiosity what fuel are you running Vette Boy? My #'s are on Sheetz 93 octane. I have thought about trying some e85 just to see how much farther it could go.
Old 01-17-2013, 11:21 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by speedtigger
We do all of that year round.
Lol too bad I cant afford none of that!
Old 01-18-2013, 11:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lawhead
What does this even mean?
Old 01-18-2013, 01:55 PM
11 Second Club

didnt this car have some nasty ITB motor in it??? what ever happen to that or was that a diff car?
Old 01-18-2013, 02:13 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 98blueSScamaro
didnt this car have some nasty ITB motor in it??? what ever happen to that or was that a diff car?
this one

didnt it go like a 9.33 or so? what happen to it?

Last edited by 98blueSScamaro; 01-18-2013 at 02:22 PM.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by 98blueSScamaro
this one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PaxE6dsfb_o

didnt it go like a 9.33 or so? what happen to it?
Yep, as a street car and that is the same car. The stock LS6 is a test motor for a few months that we will run in the future as well.
The 388 has been refeshed and upgraded (ERL sleeved and superdecked, Jesel valvetrain) to name a few things and is for sale.
The ITB made it very docile and streetable as you can see in the MIR video.
Old 01-18-2013, 07:39 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by vetteboy2k
Yep, as a street car and that is the same car. The stock LS6 is a test motor for a few months that we will run in the future as well.
The 388 has been refeshed and upgraded (ERL sleeved and superdecked, Jesel valvetrain) to name a few things and is for sale.
The ITB made it very docile and streetable as you can see in the MIR video.
still a very well done cool setup cant wait to see what is next!!!! and know your work when i see it!!!!!

Rob. H
Old 02-19-2013, 02:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

We will try and get out in March and take a few passes with the stock motor.
Old 02-19-2013, 09:27 PM
10 Second Club

Cool be sure to post up results. I might try and get my fab 9 in shortly so I can get my et down some. I bet it will end up surprising quite a few people with a clean pass.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:39 PM
12 Second Club

Thats kinda nuts, I am with some other guys, I mean I went 11.9's with 330rwhp in my FRC and still had a little room the ET is not as much of a issue with me as the MPH, 130??? I mean the car is definitely under 3000#'s with driver, and all it says is bolt ons, what drive train, these threads make people think they can duplicate it, with the mods listed which in fact is just crap.

If you want people to better understand post all mods chassis, drivetrain ect if not and want to keep to yourself no worries from me but expect people to doubt.

Other forum members will think man I just blew a bunch of money and can barely trap 125 with motor work to my LS6, when you guys probably have spent well above that in chassis mods and and drivetrain ect...just dont post things like well slapped some bolt ons a C6 and go out MPH a modded C6Z.

And if you arent going to tell everything done to the car why list any mods, either way its not accurately reflecting what you have done with the car.

Congrats by the way on whatever mods it has and work cause 130 is moving
Old 02-20-2013, 08:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Awesome times man! Respect!!
Old 02-23-2013, 09:51 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by evo2ls1
Thats kinda nuts, I am with some other guys, I mean I went 11.9's with 330rwhp in my FRC and still had a little room the ET is not as much of a issue with me as the MPH, 130??? I mean the car is definitely under 3000#'s with driver, and all it says is bolt ons, what drive train, these threads make people think they can duplicate it, with the mods listed which in fact is just crap.

If you want people to better understand post all mods chassis, drivetrain ect if not and want to keep to yourself no worries from me but expect people to doubt.

Other forum members will think man I just blew a bunch of money and can barely trap 125 with motor work to my LS6, when you guys probably have spent well above that in chassis mods and and drivetrain ect...just dont post things like well slapped some bolt ons a C6 and go out MPH a modded C6Z.

And if you arent going to tell everything done to the car why list any mods, either way its not accurately reflecting what you have done with the car.

Congrats by the way on whatever mods it has and work cause 130 is moving
I wouldn't get your feelings hurt over this stuff and instead of the rant channel the energy toward "picking the brains" and learning from us guys here and on the CF. We have always been willing to give advice and help people dial in their setups.
You probably didn't read the thread but as for this car it was mentioned several times that it is designed well for drag racing and setup and driven by an experienced crew. Instead of suggesting we are misleading the new buyer maybe consider that it may help to prove that it's not just about throwing dollars at a car to obtain big hp numbers but harnessing the power and learning how to put it to the ground. The big dollars you assumed spent on chassis parts for this car was more of a negative to the et of the car shown in the video. As mentioned several times as well in this thread,, this car is being testing for a race motor that will require many of the parts it has to be legal and perform well A 10 point roll cage, heavy duty axles, heavy clutch and bell, beefed up safety equipment, parachute and accessories, endless tuning equipment, etc. are all things that cost alot of $ yet don't help with performance of the car with the stock motor. The car being light in all the right places does.
Don't always be quick to jump onto the bandwagon and showing some humility can go a long way as it often will encourage the more experience guys to want to help you out.
Old 02-23-2013, 10:06 AM
11 Second Club

I can appreciate that, just keep in mind the chassis and other components on this car are far from stock.
there are super stock cars running retarded ET's, but MPH wise I don't see them make it. But they are all stalled auto cars with drag suspension with no bolt on's running low 11's, high 10's. mid 120's. stick cars do mph more, just rare to see one run with the stalled auto cars and mph that high.
Old 02-23-2013, 09:08 PM
12 Second Club

I wouldn't get your feelings hurt over this stuff and instead of the rant channel the energy toward "picking the brains" and learning from us guys here and on the CF. We have always been willing to give advice and help people dial in their setups.
You probably didn't read the thread but as for this car it was mentioned several times that it is designed well for drag racing and setup and driven by an experienced crew. Instead of suggesting we are misleading the new buyer maybe consider that it may help to prove that it's not just about throwing dollars at a car to obtain big hp numbers but harnessing the power and learning how to put it to the ground. The big dollars you assumed spent on chassis parts for this car was more of a negative to the et of the car shown in the video. As mentioned several times as well in this thread,, this car is being testing for a race motor that will require many of the parts it has to be legal and perform well A 10 point roll cage, heavy duty axles, heavy clutch and bell, beefed up safety equipment, parachute and accessories, endless tuning equipment, etc. are all things that cost alot of $ yet don't help with performance of the car with the stock motor. The car being light in all the right places does.
Don't always be quick to jump onto the bandwagon and showing some humility can go a long way as it often will encourage the more experience guys to want to help you out.
No humility issues here, and what bandwagon? lot of the guys on this thread probably are going to order the only mods you listed in first post and hope to run 10's, congrats on run!!!, I was only pointing out the very first post you posted to start this thread has bolt ons listed, and stock Ls6, but its not simply those mods done to that car, you just dont have anything else listed in the first post, and you guess weight is at 3000#'s and you listed above alot of parts added weight, so I am just saying in the first post you lead people to believe you took a car with ls6 added some bolts ons and heavier parts and ran 10.75 @ 130.

I have looked to alot to those people you listed on the CF and learned alot. Several of those guys you are referring to have had ls6 cars wiith bolt ons and several have similar mods to what you mentioned and trapped less than 120 in a stock car not loaded not with heavy drivetrain.

Does the car have AC, full interior, ect just curious? what clutch transmission, rear end, just trying to do exactly what you said, trying to learn how to make a stock ls6 run 10's and trap 130!
Old 02-24-2013, 03:06 AM
On The Tree

The car made 414/383 on Tune Time Performance's mustang dyno with a nice broad torque curve and peak hp near redline.
I don't see what every one is bitching about on a well set up car those power numbers sound about right with the times you guys are running...
My friends foxbody with a cam only lq9 runs 6.60s or 10.50s and his car weights 3000 lbs turbo 350 trans and he put down like 430 through a 5500 stall or something like that lol

and my other buddy is trying to go for the IRS world record with his vet proline built it...his car is unreal lol he has been at valdosta running his car all weekend..

Quick Reply: Stock ls6 motor traps 130+