SAM SS goes 9.17 @ 154 - on MOTOR!

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2005, 07:38 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Judsons car was flying at HRP. It was also flying at Atlanta. If we could have adjusted the rear shocks for the conditions the car would have worked killer.

On the other hand Joes car is the dominant one so far in the LT1 world.

BG will tell the tale.

I think the 1.24 60ft will help the iron LT1 block in BG.

It will definetly be a chassis tuning war going on.

Magnus if you dead hook your car you will slow down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look at Prostock etc.

225-343-9029
Old 04-27-2005, 09:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KingCrapBox
Like I suggested, he needs to start reading up on how to make a car hook or he should get his car to an experienced chassis guy. It's not rocket surgery!

Of course he doesn't NEED a 29.5" tire, but if the rules allow it, why not do it?!

I swear, 'LS1 People' are, as a collective group, the dumbest group of car enthusiasts out there. They are even worse than the 5.0 group! Instead of threads about which short-throw shifter or shorty-headers to put on their turds, we have 2,000 threads about which cam to buy, or which Y-Pipe to buy, or which ported throttle body they need. The ratio of dyno-queens to racers is pretty damn high. What was the car count in Georgia, 19?! There are more new threads in the Dyno section in 1 day than that!

Sorry, that last part was a rant.
I agree with the point you are trying to make...Definitely on the last part too!
Old 04-27-2005, 09:05 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by MADMAN
Magnus if you dead hook your car you will slow down!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Look at Prostock etc.
that was my next thought and you beat me to it. He doesnt make the power to pull him through a dead hook. Way to be on top Madman..I was thinking about that on my train ride home. I usually et faster and mph faster on a slower 60 ft too.

Mike
Old 04-27-2005, 09:36 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Ya, I do notice my car does faster with a pinch of tire spin..

The problem is, the tracks _I_ race at are too inconsistant for a setup like mine and a 28x10.5" tire. Again, they are not prepped for huge events.. so I need to setup my car for that type of track.
Old 04-28-2005, 07:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Magnus
Ya, I do notice my car does faster with a pinch of tire spin..

The problem is, the tracks _I_ race at are too inconsistant for a setup like mine and a 28x10.5" tire. Again, they are not prepped for huge events.. so I need to setup my car for that type of track.
One more note,

You dont want a car to dead hook because it takes longer to "get up on the tire." Any chassis guy will tell you this. You want a little bit of spin to get the car up on the tire a little faster to yield a quicker et and mph. Im sure you keep a log of your timeslips. Make a spreadsheet and see for yourself. Id be pretty confident that your best 60 ft doesnt go with your fastest et or mph Madman or Wolfe can chime in here to explain alittle better im sure. Or correct me.

Mike
Old 04-28-2005, 10:08 AM
11 & 7 Second Clubs

'LS1 People' are, as a collective group, the dumbest group of car enthusiasts out there.
This site is mainly about bolt-ons for street cars, not about race cars like SAM's. yours and mine (I wish I had a dollar for very time I've said this). King, I feel your pain, but we gotta do the best with what we've got here.
Old 04-28-2005, 06:41 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Mike, I have every single pass my car has ever made in a spread sheet. I know exactly what works for my car.
Old 04-28-2005, 09:32 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow, so about that SAM car huh? anyone notice it makes tremendous mph n/a? lol
Old 04-28-2005, 09:33 PM
8 Second 6 Speed Director

Location: windsor, ont. canada - Home of the fastest LT1 6spd.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

madman is totally correct, tire spin is good, obviously to a certain extent. and if you have a weak link you'll find it if you dead hook!!! ha ha ha!

i had well over 300 passes on my w's, oh well, i can't afford to toss tires after 20 passes! i still cut 1.30 60's on them!

it is amazing listening to some of the ******* bench racers who think they know sooooo frickin' much!
Old 04-28-2005, 10:04 PM
8 Second Club

You're assuming a 9.1x is all the car has in it...that's a BIG assumption...On a good track, with good air, and a more aggressive tune-up, I think the car will go some 8.80's. It would go even faster if we raced at 3,000 lbs like a lot of the other N/A cars do.
I stand by my comments !! I sure hope it has more in it because it will look real silly when a 23* headed LT1 can sit with that car. Not taking anything away from Judsons car it is totally badass just stating my opinion.

How soon before you run the new motor Joe?
Old 04-29-2005, 08:28 AM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by taner
madman is totally correct, tire spin is good, obviously to a certain extent. and if you have a weak link you'll find it if you dead hook!!! ha ha ha!

i had well over 300 passes on my w's, oh well, i can't afford to toss tires after 20 passes! i still cut 1.30 60's on them!

it is amazing listening to some of the ******* bench racers who think they know sooooo frickin' much!
And that comment was directed to???
Old 04-29-2005, 08:59 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Z8'S
I stand by my comments !! I sure hope it has more in it because it will look real silly when a 23* headed LT1 can sit with that car. Not taking anything away from Judsons car it is totally badass just stating my opinion.

Soon, very soon.... I'm going to beat up on the old engine we just refreshed for a few weeks first with some changes we've made and see what changes with that to help make a few decisions on the new setup...Both are nearly complete...
Old 04-29-2005, 11:44 AM
TECH Apprentice

You're assuming a 9.1x is all the car has in it...that's a BIG assumption...On a good track, with good air, and a more aggressive tune-up, I think the car will go some 8.80's. It would go even faster if we raced at 3,000 lbs like a lot of the other N/A cars do.
9.1 to 8.80's on an NA setup is a big horsepower difference.
Just using the basic of equations your talking about a 75-85 rwhp difference.
Is that what they're expecting from a more aggressive tune?
One other thing, I love to see you guys talk about good air and track need when referring to HRP, which is where this car was ran the first time correct?
What's a bad day there, a DA of 1500 ft above?
Old 04-29-2005, 12:56 PM
8 Sec Tuner

Originally Posted by Z8'S

I guess only time will tell.

If were lucky both cars will be at Thunder Shootout this year.
Old 04-29-2005, 01:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Mike TexaSS
Again, you know NOTHING about the tune-up. You have no idea how much power was left on the table. I do. And it's EASILY 85 RWHP. I know EVERYTHING about the tune-up. Not to mention the clutch will have to be re-tuned with all of our new found power. 8.80's will be a reality.
Calm down skipper, just seems a bit much.
If they do it great for them.
I too will be in the same class with Joe, and the SAM car.
I was really looking forward to running Joe because of the kind of person he appears to be, a class act competitor.
With the SAM car back in the mix, it should only motivate anyone else going for the same mission.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:23 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Question

Originally Posted by Mike TexaSS
Again, you know NOTHING about the tune-up. You have no idea how much power was left on the table. I do. And it's EASILY 85 RWHP. I know EVERYTHING about the tune-up. Not to mention the clutch will have to be re-tuned with all of our new found power. 8.80's will be a reality.
Mike,

How do you know anything about our tuneup at all? You didn't tune anything on our car? Who is this? The only guy that knows everything about our tuneup is not over there at G-force? Are you implying that you tuned our car? This all sounds very strange unless you want to clear it all up for me? Seriously unless someone else has stolen your computer?
Old 04-29-2005, 02:46 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by racer7088
Mike,

How do you know anything about our tuneup at all? You didn't tune anything on our car? Who is this? The only guy that knows everything about our tuneup is not over there at G-force? Are you implying that you tuned our car? This all sounds very strange unless you want to clear it all up for me? Seriously unless someone else has stolen your computer?
LOL every shop is calling it "our" car...I wonder how the people that built it feel about that.
Old 04-29-2005, 02:49 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by racer7088
Mike,

Erik, that was me, Ben, posting under Mikes name @ G-Force.

-KCB
Old 04-29-2005, 02:56 PM
FormerVendor

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Exclamation

Originally Posted by Mr Powell
Erik, that was me, Ben, posting under Mikes name @ G-Force.

-KCB
Now you're posting under another guy's name Ben!

You need to take down that post with Mike's name on it then as it makes it look as though HE was claiming he tuned the car! I have already gotten Email asking me when G-Force started tuning the SAM car?
Old 04-29-2005, 02:57 PM
11 & 7 Second Clubs

Originally Posted by taner
tire spin is good
Tire spin is an essential element in racing. For example, if memory serves me correctly (and it often doesn't), Pro Stock cars try to acheive 5-7% tire spin.

Quick Reply: SAM SS goes 9.17 @ 154 - on MOTOR!