Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What happened

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2003, 01:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: What happened

Yes but the fact remains that a 10.5 inch tire is on the car for the race.

What if somebody decides to run a wider tire for another series and that requires mods to the shock/LCA?

Should they not be allowed to race? Of course not it means they should run a 10.5 inch tire for the 10.5 inch tire race...

See what I mean?
Old 09-23-2003, 01:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

I still dont understand what is so off the wall about madman's rules. They arent any different than the rules have been all along except that this round, someone actually pushed the subject on ARE's camaro. Something that has been in debtate and on people's mind since it was fabbed up anyway.

I still get the feeling that all these people fighting madman are swinging from a ******* and is the only reason they keep pushing it.
Old 09-23-2003, 01:54 PM
TECH Senior Member

Hey Curt, First of all **** off on the ******* comments. Second what I am saying is in reference to LS1TECH shootouts not MadMans.

MadMan can make the rules whatever he wants for his race.

I am talking about a standard for LS1TECH with LS1 powered cars/fourth gen chassis. LS1TECH...

To insulate from accusations of unfairness use existing sanctioned rules for a particular class or keep the rules VERY simple.

Old 09-23-2003, 02:00 PM
TECH Senior Member

Actually I'll take this discussion to a seperate thread for the decision makers.

BTW I think the domain name www.sbcfbody.com might be available
Old 09-23-2003, 02:00 PM
TECH Fanatic

Whats the difference? What would you change about his rules?? They are the same rules that have been used for the outlaw type classes since we have all been racing in these internet shootout type races. Why change them for LS1tech series?
Old 09-23-2003, 02:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Actually I'll take this discussion to a seperate thread for the decision makers.

BTW I think the domain name www.sbcfbody.com might be available
how about www.blowme.com

LOL
Old 09-23-2003, 02:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

And if you havent noticed, I dont even own my SBC turbo motor anymore.
Old 09-23-2003, 02:10 PM
TECH Senior Member

LS1Tech has no defined rules as of yet in regards to their series.

People are NOT going to change their car's config for every LS1TECH race when there are maybe 2-4 races a year. They'll just setup to run their car in their local IHRA/NHRA events and tell LS1TECH no thanks. The series is just getting together we need to encourage participation and SIMPLICITY with the rules or people wont bother coming out.

There isnt much simpler than running one stock style torque arm, a weight restriction, and a limit on tire size.
Old 09-23-2003, 03:11 PM
8 Second Club

I'm saying we still need to run 10.5" tires yes, but I don't like the measured rule because a 20 pass set of 29.5 x 10.5 will mesure more then 10.5" wide. And what Guido is saying is true, these rules have been here just nobody ever pushed them. They're the same as a lot of classes, they were not made just to exclude one car. Chris why are you taking this so offensive? I don't think this class will affect you right now anyways. And even if you do build a car later the rules will probably change as time goes on, but for now the chasis has not been pushed to the limits, we have a long time to go before that happens. Besides 2004 as per NHRA most cars will need a funny car cage (8.80 and quicker)
Old 09-23-2003, 03:25 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

geez ...please define stock...wait a sec let me do that for you its everything where it suppose to be,period!!!!! if its a bolt on peice replacing a stock peice samething... whats so hard to understand... I can tell you first hand go to any east coast stock supspension quick 8 or 16 if the frame is notched if shocks/springs are moved,you might as well keep it on the trailer ..Your not going to run...anybody with a suspension modified to that point, and if they were classified as they "really" are ..They wouldnt even qualify in a IHRA or NHRA event..So you come run with true stock suspended cars and you win ..well hell I hope so or alot of flack would surely ensue..As far as antiroll ,wheelie bar !!! can we say safety no since even trying to use them two items as ammo to allow relocated shocks and spring perches let alone frame rail notching...ARE has took stock suspension and stretched what the definition is.. I dont fault them for doing it.If they felt they needed to do it to get down the track so be it.their were no rules or even talk of rules when they apparently done it..but lets not be oblivious to the fact stock (location) and relocated suspension parts are not the same or even like..only thing is "like" is the torque arm..Did I mention ONLY????
I respect ARE and their accomplishments.They have clearly pushed the limits of a ls1 to this point..and considering rules or even talk of rules are finally be laid Out.I can understand thier frustration in all this..At the same time though the extent of rear end fabrication done on that car I seen, isnt like I or anyone else can go buy the parts and just bolt them on by far.. better have a mean welder handy and a plasma cutter and bunch of sheetmetal...I been in the 4th gen f-body scene since 94' ..If I thought for one minute I could have done whats been laid on the table and nobody would raise hell about it ..I for one surely would have done it along time ago..point is I know when the line has been crossed.. And so does most everyone else... people question my intake same way in comparison to the suspension thing..only difference is anybody can pick up the phone and buy one..Its a commercially available peice..not a fabricated sheetmetal but hey thats a totally different discussion but a good example...
Old 09-23-2003, 04:56 PM
7 Second Club

geez ...please define stock...wait a sec let me do that for you its everything where it suppose to be,period!!!!! if its a bolt on peice replacing a stock peice samething... whats so hard to understand... I can tell you first hand go to any east coast stock supspension quick 8 or 16 if the frame is notched if shocks/springs are moved,you might as well keep it on the trailer ..Your not going to run...anybody with a suspension modified to that point, and if they were classified as they "really" are ..They wouldnt even qualify in a IHRA or NHRA event..So you come run with true stock suspended cars and you win ..well hell I hope so or alot of flack would surely ensue..As far as antiroll ,wheelie bar !!! can we say safety no since even trying to use them two items as ammo to allow relocated shocks and spring perches let alone frame rail notching...ARE has took stock suspension and stretched what the definition is.. I dont fault them for doing it.If they felt they needed to do it to get down the track so be it.their were no rules or even talk of rules when they apparently done it..but lets not be oblivious to the fact stock (location) and relocated suspension parts are not the same or even like..only thing is "like" is the torque arm..Did I mention ONLY????
I respect ARE and their accomplishments.They have clearly pushed the limits of a ls1 to this point..and considering rules or even talk of rules are finally be laid Out.I can understand thier frustration in all this..At the same time though the extent of rear end fabrication done on that car I seen, isnt like I or anyone else can go buy the parts and just bolt them on by far.. better have a mean welder handy and a plasma cutter and bunch of sheetmetal...I been in the 4th gen f-body scene since 94' ..If I thought for one minute I could have done whats been laid on the table and nobody would raise hell about it ..I for one surely would have done it along time ago..point is I know when the line has been crossed.. And so does most everyone else... people question my intake same way in comparison to the suspension thing..only difference is anybody can pick up the phone and buy one..Its a commercially available peice..not a fabricated sheetmetal but hey thats a totally different discussion but a good example...
Good post without being inflammatory.Personally my car will be set-up to run the local stuff.While I'm all for a LS1 TECH series I refuse to change my car for a couple races a year.The only one within 1,000 miles of me is Bowling Green anyway.If the rules allow my car to participate(I'm currently legal)I will but if rule changes require a big dollar investment to change I'll sit out.It just is'nt worth the hassle to me.Hopefully a firm set of rules will be put together real soon so those of us can plan our winter mods.And a guarantee to not change them for a whole season or two would be nice.Just my 2 pennies
Old 09-23-2003, 05:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

how about www.blowme.com

LOL
Sorry Curt it's already taken, I just check. Trust me and don't go there, I had to reboot my computer to clear off all the pop-ups.
Old 09-23-2003, 06:16 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

We will hold an open discussion about the LS1TECH series rules, after the Thunder Shootout. We are going to watch and see how the participation and the number of types of cars there are that show up. This will give us a more accurate "feel" on these events, and allow us to better define the classes, rules, etc...

But, we are paying attention to these discussions as well

Tony
Old 09-23-2003, 06:56 PM
TECH Resident

Are MT 28x10.5-15W tires legal at these shootouts?
Old 09-23-2003, 09:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

tony I will bring the beer
Old 09-23-2003, 10:29 PM
TECH Fanatic

Rick, i dont know of any racing organization that measures the tire width. It is usally what is rated on the sidewall. I know that they will measure if they suspect shaving down of bigger tires to fit
Old 09-23-2003, 10:57 PM
Super Moderator

Received 33 Likes on 17 Posts

Oh geez, why did I volunteer to be the "Events Director"? Hey Tony, pass the can of worms please!