Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Cartek Does It Again 10.59@129.95 Mph H/c Stock Bottom End N/a!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2003, 01:00 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JS
Spanky come on man,They did mention DA but Chris still acted like they were lying.If the guy tells u it was -1200 to -1500 why not believe him?

This is BS...
The bottom line is the car went 10.59@129....
No one mentioned DA until I did, and I never said anyone was lying. I mearly posted the DA, and people got defensive. I mean, lets not kid ourselves....it looks better to run a 10.5 @ 1200 feet density alltitude, than it does to run 10.5 in mine shaft condtions (-1000/-2000) foot density alltitude. I even agreed with Julio...the actual conditions AT the track would probably vary slightly from the National Weather Services temp info that I got off the internet. Still can't get around the facts....the weather helped tremendously in the times and especially the MPH.

I have dynoed a heads/cam F-body in 70 degree condtions, and it made 450 rwhp UNCORRECTED. The temp dropped a week or so later, with no changes but 40 degree temps...the car made 486rwhp uncorrected.....pure HP just from the change in oxygen content in the air. Put that in your pipe and smoke it.

Chris
AMS RACING
First 10 sec heads/cam a4 in the nation
10.9 @ 123.50
Old 11-16-2003, 01:12 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

They did mention DA
FWIW, they didn't mention or even acknowledge the DA until the 27th post in this thread, after several have asked about it. I assume that, since they have a super-duper-accurate weather station that is more accurate than the junk that weather.com and weatherunderground.com have, they know how important DA is, yet they said nothing in the original post. (Or the 8th, 16th, 20th, 22nd, or 23rd posts.) Wonder why they didn't mention the -2000DA? Wonder why they never race away from ATCO? How'd they do at Thunder? Why do they never leave their mineshafts? Other sponsors have to prove their dyno/track times all the time, yet everybody strokes Cartek when they run 10.50s. As stated above, corrected to the TR shootout air, that awesome, record setting, unbeleiveable, legendary 10.59 pass would have been an average, ho hum, so so, just another 11.00 pass, that would have never been posted about.

All that being said, 10.59 is an awesome time, it just needs to be understood that it was done in air that 95% of the U.S. will never see.
Old 11-16-2003, 01:39 PM
Launching!

Thank you Spanky...I was begining to think I was the only one that saw that

Chris
Old 11-16-2003, 02:00 PM
10 Second Club

Question

Originally Posted by SPANKY LS1
Wonder why they didn't mention the -2000DA? Wonder why they never race away from ATCO?
You wonder why? Could it be because it WAS NOT -2000 at any point in time while those cars (Brent 10.59/10.60s, Joe 10.69/10.70s, cam only car 10.90s etc.) were on the track, I was there and at no point in time was it as cold as 33 degrees while cars were running.

They never race away from Atco?!
Try Englishtown, Cecil, MIR, Bradenton, New England Dragway....

As stated above, corrected to the TR shootout air, that awesome, record setting, unbeleiveable, legendary 10.59 pass would have been an average, ho hum, so so, just another 11.00 pass, that would have never been posted about.
Ho hum, so so 11.0s?
How many other 3275 pound STOCK BOTTOM END 6 speed NA heads and cam cars were running ho hum, so so 11.0s on ET Streets at Thunder? Just curious.

Last edited by LS1LT1; 11-16-2003 at 02:10 PM.
Old 11-16-2003, 02:01 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Brent was running 11's @ N/S shootout(11.1x) while his best posted time was a 10.8(6?).

The ONLY way to solve this is to race the same track on the same day.
I could probably run .2 quicker at ATCO,but I don't race at ATCO.I race in chicago.I would run slower in Nevada ect...
Old 11-16-2003, 02:05 PM
TECH Addict

Rich Andrews was running 11.0's @ 3400+ pounds at the N/S shootout.(stock bottom end)
Old 11-16-2003, 02:17 PM
10 Second Club

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by 01-Z
Rich Andrews was running 11.0's @ 3400+ pounds at the N/S shootout.(stock bottom end)
Ok, that is fast as hell, and I take it he was trapping in the 126+/127+ range (as Brent's 130mph+ would've translated to down there)?

How many others, you know it being ho hum and all?
Old 11-16-2003, 03:27 PM
TECH Addict

he is an A4,mph isn't that high.
Old 11-16-2003, 06:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

If everyone thinks the Air is so great at Atco .. Why don't we have an event here at Atco. All you sothern ppl can come up and race in the cool air. Why is it that we (cartek , eastside and other northern shops) has to drive down to Bowling Green FL and so on. Lets get an event up here and see how some of the other shops do ..
Old 11-16-2003, 07:39 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For the same reason Cartek wasn't at Thunder Shootout. It is sometimes too far, not feasible, etc. The point is, DA helps correct ETs and MPH for different tracks altitude, weather, barometric pressure, etc. Comparing a 10.59 at -2000ft with an 11.00 at +1200 ft is ignorant when there is a simple formula for doing so.

Point is, 10.59 is awesome, congrats, just there are other cars that could have done the same thing given the same conditions.

As far as "Lets get an event up here and see how some of the other shops do", can you imagine what some of the cars that routinely run in +1000'-+3000' DAs would do at -2000'?
Old 11-16-2003, 11:00 PM
10 Second Club

Using the following calculations:
At 5:45PM (3 minutes before the 10.59 pass that occured at 5:58pm, and from the weather link that Julio provided) , the temp was 37*F, the dewpoint was 19*, the barometer was 30.42, and Atco elevation is ~150'. All of this equals a -1996.2 density altitude.
Don't go by the times/dates on the time slips for they are not accurate/stamped correctly (you'll notice that two of them say June 2000 on them)...the last car ran at 4:59pm and then it was OVER.
Brent ran two 10.60s (one at approx. 11:30am and another at approx 4:50pm immediately following (or prior too?) his 10.59 pass...still great air I'm sure but it WAS NOT 37 degrees out at any point during his (or anyone else's) runs.

Comparing a 10.59 at -2000ft with an 11.00 at +1200 ft is ignorant when there is a simple formula for doing so.
Please calculate it out using this formula, I'd (and I'm sure others would) be curious to see how slow that 10.59@129+ actually is in the real world.

Point is, 10.59 is awesome, congrats, just there are other cars that could have done the same thing given the same conditions.
Are you sure? Let's use your formula and see.
Obviously an NA heads and cam 6 speed car running 11.2s in mediocre air elsewhere would have been measureably quicker/faster at Atco that day, but do you truly believe there'd actually be 'more than a few' running 10.59/10.60s at 129/130mph?
Old 11-17-2003, 08:55 AM
8 second mod

I must say, When I posted about my new best, 10.6 @132 on a 1.6 60' done at E-Town, A cartek guy was the first to jump on my case about DA and how it was good for atleast .2 , OK fine i said yes the air was GREAT -950 at time of run. But the car did it, Location is hard, Im in mass, e-town is 6 hours, MIR is 10, And so on.

Just a quick point that To A Cartek Car my new best was all do to DA, But in this case it didnt do it for the 3,200 lbs Vett! That was all Skill and Power nothing to do with th 2-3 10th's a -1,500 da will knock off!
PS. I would like to see a shootout up north here. Not for Grudge sake or money, But for fun, I love seeing new Stuff!!!!
Had to edit, I forgot! What up with the 129mph, then 130mph,then 130+??? weired. Also time slip dates, Weird!
Old 11-17-2003, 09:20 AM
TECH Senior Member

For the same reason Cartek wasn't at Thunder Shootout. It is sometimes too far, not feasible, etc. The point is, DA helps correct ETs and MPH for different tracks altitude, weather, barometric pressure, etc. Comparing a 10.59 at -2000ft with an 11.00 at +1200 ft is ignorant when there is a simple formula for doing so.
Yes it was a long way to thunder...but 3 local cars (all different affilation) made the haul down. Eastside would've gone too had they not had last minute problems...
Old 11-17-2003, 09:52 AM
TECH Fanatic

Ho hum, so so 11.0s?
How many other 3275 pound STOCK BOTTOM END 6 speed NA heads and cam cars were running ho hum, so so 11.0s on ET Streets at Thunder? Just curious.
Well don't forget after you correct to +1200ft then you also have to add weight. JRod has an almost identical car in terms of weight to this car mentioned and he had to add 250lbs to make weight at NPR...trust me everyone at the shootout thought the scales were light by 100lbs. 11.0's at TR with 3400lb NPR raceweight. I counted 4. Me, Rich, Trevor and Maggie.
Old 11-17-2003, 09:53 AM
11 Second Club

My take on this is that the results are admirable, but just as obtainable by other cars, shops, etc.

The title "Cartek does it again!" implies & makes it seem like such results are unobtainable by anyone OTHER than Cartek, which we all know is not the case. I think that less controversy would result if it was retitled "Great Run w/ Great Conditions at ATCO".

I noticed the glaring absence of Cartek cars at the Thunder Shootout, because I would have liked to see Carteks, LG's cars, Futral cars, Thunder's cars, and Texas Speeds cars line up and run- same track, excellent track prep, same conditions. Then the results would have been undisputable.

I do find it coincidental that the best Cartek runs come at private rentals @ ATCO during optimal conditions.. I'm sure it's coincidental and not preplanned.

Please bear in mind I'm not challenging or questioning those timeslips, just posting my opinion.
Old 11-17-2003, 11:48 AM
On The Tree

Ok man, I'm tired of all this drama!!!!!! First of all, Jrod did have substantial weight added too the car a the Thunder event !! I was there, How many were you ? Jrod launched at 6300 to 6500 rpms 5 times in OK conditions( Not bad, but not the best either ). Some of you guys are soo naive to think that Cartek is Gods gift to LS1's. I'll give credit where credit is do , they create/build some very fast cars ; However , with the compromise of 30 degree weather, tail winds, NO HUMIDITY, etc... US boys in the south have too deal with F-----g heat, head winds, HUMIDITY, little too no prep tracks, etc.. More on the plus side for the North Boys than the South boys. But we have learned too Accept/live with this and these conditions!!! Hell, you have some people that won't even run their cars in the summer!!!! Cartek has some Bad ****'s , but so does Frutral, LG, TR, MTI, !!!! Come here , come there, please!!!!!! We can meet half way!!!!!!!!! We all can plan too Get off work, rent s--t ( trailor ) , and make the trip!!!!!ALL OF US LS1/LS6 FOLK!!! Set up something in your town , free admisions too everyone who travels more than 400 miles, and the south will be there!!!!!! Post all that s--t when we get those 1050's & 40's in the good air!!!! Just because I don't post as much as many of you do, doesn't mean I'm not fast or ignorant to the LS1/LS6 world, I have a set of Staged 2 Absolute ls6 heads and a Gx2 cam for you Northerners also!!!! So we can a get it on , but, but, but us Country boys LOVE TO BET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-17-2003, 12:01 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Noyzee
I must say, When I posted about my new best, 10.6 @132 on a 1.6 60' done at E-Town
You have Twin turbos along w/ H+C, so how do you compare?

CMarsh and Spanky,
Another thing. DA is important, but you know what? The best runs in the country are always run under very good conditions. I guess a new rule should be started then....

"If the DA is good, then you can't race. Stay home."

Come on. Get real.
It's just sad to see other people's jealousy flare up when a new best is put up. I know you don't have the best DA where your at, but if you don't like it, then move.

I know that no one brought up DA in the beginning also. Well you know what else, for the most part(look at many of the people's sig on this site or any site for that matter, their best ET's are hardly ever accompanied by DA info). And if someone had just asked what the DA was then I'm sure someone would have answered in a respectable manner. But to come on here(and roll your eyes) and point out the DA in the way that had been....your looking for a argument. It's insulting to the original posters(and you know it). It's very antagonistic of that person. So don't act surprised when people get a little defensive.

Max
Old 11-17-2003, 12:02 PM
On The Tree

Then you guys say stock F-----g bottom ends!!!!!! I've got over 80,000 miles on my motor, I would be a fool not too upgrade my pistons and rods with my new heads and cam!!!! How many of you would do that !!! What, will pistons and rods give me 40 horses? More like 5 or 6 !!! Can you tell a diff ? Nope, Can you tell with a KN air filter? Nope , same thing , just stronger internals for S--t like boost or nitrous!!!! What the F--k does it matter if ANY one changed their pistons or rods if the bore/stroke is the same ?????
Old 11-17-2003, 12:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Nytmare
Ok man, I'm tired of all this drama!!!!!! First of all, Jrod did have substantial weight added too the car a the Thunder event !! I was there, How many were you ? Jrod launched at 6300 to 6500 rpms 5 times in OK conditions( Not bad, but not the best either ). Some of you guys are soo naive to think that Cartek is Gods gift to LS1's. I'll give credit where credit is do , they create/build some very fast cars ; However , with the compromise of 30 degree weather, tail winds, NO HUMIDITY, etc... US boys in the south have too deal with F-----g heat, head winds, HUMIDITY, little too no prep tracks, etc.. More on the plus side for the North Boys than the South boys. But we have learned too Accept/live with this and these conditions!!! Hell, you have some people that won't even run their cars in the summer!!!! Cartek has some Bad ****'s , but so does Frutral, LG, TR, MTI, !!!! Come here , come there, please!!!!!! We can meet half way!!!!!!!!! We all can plan too Get off work, rent s--t ( trailor ) , and make the trip!!!!!ALL OF US LS1/LS6 FOLK!!! Set up something in your town , free admisions too everyone who travels more than 400 miles, and the south will be there!!!!!! Post all that s--t when we get those 1050's & 40's in the good air!!!! Just because I don't post as much as many of you do, doesn't mean I'm not fast or ignorant to the LS1/LS6 world, I have a set of Staged 2 Absolute ls6 heads and a Gx2 cam for you Northerners also!!!! So we can a get it on , but, but, but us Country boys LOVE TO BET !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
If this ever goes down.......Bring your money, lol.
Old 11-17-2003, 12:14 PM
8 second mod

Wide Open, I new a girl called that once!
You must not have had you Eyes open!!!!!!
I never compaired My car with his!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I said When i posted my new Best, A couple cartek Guys Pointed out the -950 DA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But when they ran, DA had nothing to do with the faster time!!!!!!!!!!!
I know -950 is great race weather, Never dinied that.
Im just saying that Cartek cars must have exeptions to the rules and weather gods, and it must be that there cars would never run slower with a higher DA!!!!!!!
Im with the souther Folk on this one!!!!! And yes Im YELLING!!!!! that is what !!!!!!!! Means.
I hate when people put words into your mouth!!!!!!!
I didnt copair cars, I compaired DA Conversation, Pay Attention!!!