Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Attempted burnout in waterbox, UMI torque arm snapped, set off airbags...

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2009, 06:22 PM
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Beaflag VonRathburg
I actually rethought this when I read it, but I doubt they would cover it considering that it was an aftermarket part that broke. If it was the OEM torque arm I could see them possibly covering it under comprehensive, but a defective aftermarket part would probably cause them to deny your claim.
You also have to realize, the likely hood of Insurance Agent Joe Schmoe knowing that it was aftermarket piece is slim to none...all you have to do is if asked a question is you painted it. That's even if he looked.....

Hard to say....but OP....call it in!!!
Old 09-10-2009, 03:11 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Checkmate
if he doesn't take them would you be willing to sell them, I am in great need of a set of airbags and my car just happens to be a 99 camaro.
If the OP doesnt want it I have the passenger side airbar out of my 2001 camaro that you can have for super cheap (basically cover the shipping) just to get it out of my garage.

if anyone wants it just send me a PM or something

OP sorry for your misfortune, glad UMI took care of you and the car is going back together.

Quick Reply: Attempted burnout in waterbox, UMI torque arm snapped, set off airbags...