Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carb guys wiring?s

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2010, 08:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Carb guys wiring?s

Im switching my 94 lt1 to carb.So i have some questions does the engine bay harness control anything that i will need to keep?im planing on running my electric pump and fans off a switch and was just going to wire them up with there own relay an such.im using msd box,distrib an coil so thats simple to wire up,im planing on using all mech sensors for temp,oil and volts.

i know i would have to figure out my alt and starter stuff to.

im wanting to keep all my lights,turn signals,horn,maybe wipers if i can figure out a way to notch my cowl and keep both or atleast 1 wiper,i would like to keep my dash light..but ill be running no radio,air bags an such..just a basic stripped down street strip car..

i been thinking maybe it would be easier for me to just get this kit and re do everything.instead of working my way threw the body harness also.
http://www.speedwaymotors.com/Econom...ness,2352.html
Old 06-01-2010, 09:20 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Besides the lights. Everything can go. the complete engine harness is gone. I can't remember what is in the under dash relay box. You might need a couple of those.

I striped everything and ran my own wires for everything. It was alot easier.

I am going to rewire the entire car this winter just to clean it up a bit.

I wired the alt wire in with the ignition . that way when ever the ignition is on the alt is also.

Ken
Old 06-01-2010, 10:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

true..

whats the box under the center console and then i have a box that runs from there to where my rear seats where on the driver side..its about half way up where the seat back would of been.
Old 06-02-2010, 03:50 PM
Launching!

I know that there is a air bag sensor under the counsal. If I remember it is yellow. There should be one under the dash and under the hood latch area.

If thats not it I cut it out of there and never found a problem with anything.

The box by the rear seat about half way up should have some wires coming out. I beleive those were for the stock fuel pump. Under the car should be where the pump plugs into that.

Ken
Old 06-02-2010, 03:56 PM
7 Second Club

my advise is tear everything out and wire everything back yourself... you'll thank me later.
Old 06-02-2010, 08:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

i just ripped out all the wires in my car,and im going carb to.....im goint to have a guy come in and wire my car for me because he does a awsome job,and my **** would look like a rats nest....water pump,start button,fans,ect
Old 06-02-2010, 08:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

yeah im thinking i might just rip it all out and label the connects while doing it and then wire in the connections so it looks like a stripped factory piece almost..i would also know then a old wire aint giving me a problem if something comes up or a piece of the factor cut up and making the problem..
Old 06-03-2010, 08:42 AM
7 Second Club

dont use anything from the factory.... you can make windows and lights work without all the BCM
Old 06-03-2010, 10:28 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Ty do you have a pic of what you did with the windows? If so, please post it up, I think that would help alot of people on here.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:41 AM
TECH Resident

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I about ripped everything out..

The entire engine harness is gone.

All the computer sensors (wheel speed etc etc) are gone.

I only left the original wiring for the lights but I disected the firewall block and ran everything through the fenderwell. Mixed and matched a few wires so my highbeams dont come on, but the lever on the column will turn off headlights and turn on fog lights,

I gutted all the under dash wiring out, BCM is gone but I have power windows, mirrors and door locks.
Old 06-03-2010, 10:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

yeah..i def want to keep my power windows..even though i have to figure out whats up with my drivers window..i trimed my door an now it dont work..lol figures right..
Old 06-03-2010, 03:17 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
Ty do you have a pic of what you did with the windows? If so, please post it up, I think that would help alot of people on here.
uuhhh... **** that was a while ago... i dont have any pics but made it work with a double throw switch. i think it had 6 poles... i believe the toggle it self needs power and ground and then 2 for up and 2 for down from the window...

i just put a battery beside me when wiring the windows and kept touching wires to + and - until it did what i wanted... lol