Sponsored by:

Mesiere WP119SHD EWP details/reviews

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2013, 04:08 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Mesiere WP119SHD EWP details/reviews

Just a few questions..

I can still retain all factory options with this pump correct? I still have heat and have zero intentions of ever removing it or the AC.

How will this act under normal street driving? Will it cool properly? It is the 370 car in sig (weekend warrior/cruiser/street/strip) that sees a lot of track time. I need this to act fine during normal street driving though, I don't want to have to deal with over heating.

The seller is selling it with:
Includes gaskets, bolts and electrical connectors

What all else will I need to install? New hoses and belts is all I can think of, if I need anything else let me know.

Quick responses appreciated, looking to snag this quickly.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

as for the heater and ac retention i cant answer that question. You should be ok with street driving...that pump actually pushed more water than the stock pump and looks better which is a plus...many people street drive and DD their cars with this pump and the pump bolts right up to your motor..i actually got one a week ago but i haven't been able to install it yet.https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...wp-street.html
Old 01-26-2013, 04:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by javier1730
as for the heater and ac retention i cant answer that question. You should be ok with street driving...that pump actually pushed more water than the stock pump and looks better which is a plus...many people street drive and DD their cars with this pump and the pump bolts right up to your motor..i actually got one a week ago but i haven't been able to install it yet.https://ls1tech.com/forums/drag-raci...wp-street.html
Nice... So looks like I need the 88 Corvette hose and I should be ready to go.

Thanks man!

Anybody have input on the heat working and everything functioning properly?
All I need to know is that and I'm pulling the trigger!

Wish the one I was getting was red but it is too good a deal to pass up IMO even if it is black.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:36 PM
10 Second Club

Received 433 Likes on 340 Posts

This is the one I use Lemons. http://www.meziere.com/ps-1144-1112-wp319s.aspx Works fine with the a.c. on and I still have heat. The other don't have the gpm as this one does. I called Mesiere and they were iffy on using a smaller pump for a real street dd type car.

I was looking for a little more weight reduction...lol Kinda figured it out on my own. Now I just have to do it.
Old 01-26-2013, 04:42 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by HioSSilver
This is the one I use Lemons. http://www.meziere.com/ps-1144-1112-wp319s.aspx Works fine with the a.c. on and I still have heat. The other don't have the gpm as this one does. I called Mesiere and they were iffy on using a smaller pump for a real street dd type car.

I was looking for a little more weight reduction...lol Kinda figured it out on my own. Now I just have to do it.
I've seen that one...

However, I don't think my car sees enough street time to justify that one.. When it does come out I usually drive it to a meeting spot and park, maybe get a couple runs in, then head back home. Maybe a random grocery store trip. Just to get out and enjoy it a little. It isn't DD duty by any means.
It does see some traffic though every now and then when we go on little crusies but it is about to retire and the blue car is taking that over so not really even worried about that.

That price is up there too! It does look good though!
Old 01-26-2013, 07:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i think that street pump weighs more then the stock.
I weighed a stock LS1 pump my build thread lemon, if you want to know.
the hd motor weight 1pound more then the normal 119s, if you live in the north the no Tstat for real street driving you will notice it takes a LONG time for coolant to get up to temp (the oil still wil) when it gets under 50 out.
Old 01-26-2013, 08:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by studderin
the hd motor weight 1pound more then the normal 119s, if you live in the north the no Tstat for real street driving you will notice it takes a LONG time for coolant to get up to temp (the oil still wil) when it gets under 50 out.
When you say the street pump, you are talking about HIOs? The 119HD I'm getting is lighter than stock, correct?

I'll check into your build thread.

I don't mind 1# if it will function better for street use. I don't drive the car in the 30s since it has radials 24/7... It rarely will come out in the 40s... I'm at the bottom of TN and there are only a couple months where it is that cold on a normal basis. It was in the 60s just last week. It is cold now though!
Old 01-26-2013, 08:14 PM
TECH Senior Member

ya street style with the dummy pulley

remeber you want to use the heater. no tstat your gona have to let the car warm up for a while to get heat, lol

2stroke got that pump last, and after driving anyware local the car woulds just start to warm up, lol 98 temp gauge is accuret too, and dyno take a lot more driving to get the coolant up to temp. fyi.

Last edited by studderin; 01-26-2013 at 08:23 PM.
Old 01-26-2013, 09:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

are you talking about the "race pump"? if and I think you are ask yourself 2 questions

1) how good will your heat work with no thermostat?
2) how are you gonna run the belt for your power steering?
Old 01-27-2013, 08:59 AM
10 Second Club

Received 433 Likes on 340 Posts

Originally Posted by lemons12
I've seen that one...

However, I don't think my car sees enough street time to justify that one.. When it does come out I usually drive it to a meeting spot and park, maybe get a couple runs in, then head back home. Maybe a random grocery store trip. Just to get out and enjoy it a little. It isn't DD duty by any means.
It does see some traffic though every now and then when we go on little crusies but it is about to retire and the blue car is taking that over so not really even worried about that.

That price is up there too! It does look good though!
Well with you wanting to retain your heat/ac the street pump is probably best. Buy the time you rig up your heat to work the weight saved from the race pump could be lost or very minimal.
Originally Posted by studderin
Street pump is heavier.
Originally Posted by Ego Killer
are you talking about the "race pump"? if and I think you are ask yourself 2 questions

Not good at all.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by HioSSilver

Not good at all.

my point exactly!!

Last edited by Ego Killer; 01-27-2013 at 09:12 AM.
Old 01-27-2013, 09:46 AM
TECH Senior Member

check out the 116s, light weight, 1 in (rad) 2 out (motor).

Use the block mounted coolant plates to plum, No Tstat, wire the pump off the factory coolent temp sensor, or the moroso fan controal setup. So the pump dosn't turn on till the coolant get got. And just plum the heater core off the passenger side out of the motor (head or block). East too to just plum that for the lat fall, and change the lines back in the summer. Still use whatever heater blower to blow air thu the core.
Old 01-27-2013, 02:23 PM
10 Second Club

Use this, works great..
http://www.meziere.com/ps-571-540-wn0071.aspx
Old 01-27-2013, 02:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Ego Killer

See IllusionalTA link.

Originally Posted by IllusionalTA
I was already looking into the inline, thanks for the link!

Last edited by lemons12; 01-27-2013 at 03:06 PM.
Old 01-28-2013, 08:42 AM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont have any experience with the pump you are looking at but I have been running the street pump with the heater provisions on it for 3 years now and have never had an issue. I run a 160* thermostat and it still takes a little while to get the car up to temps.
Old 01-28-2013, 09:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by lemons12
See IllusionalTA link.
ok...

Quick Reply: Mesiere WP119SHD EWP details/reviews