Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone with a 93-02 F Body running Viking DA's?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-2015, 04:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone with a 93-02 F Body running Viking DA's?

Thinking about getting front and rear viking da's. MY 99 trans am is street/strip. Looking for it to hook really well at the track and still have nice street drivability for when i'm cruising around on the weekend. Any of you guys running these in your 93-02 F Body and if you are what is your experience with them??
Old 06-15-2015, 04:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

I just got mine installed not too long ago. I have the front and rear double adjustable coilovers. I love them. I love having the ability to adjust compression and rebound on all 4 corners, I love having the ability to adjust my ride height to whatever the hell I feel like, and I love the fact that I can make adjustments for when I go to the track or get down racing on the street, and then make more adjustments and have a nice riding street car. Hell, you can even go as far as to adjust them to run an autocross event. I've only driven mine on the street so far, and I've got the compression and rebound setup for a below 600 rwhp drag setup, but even with those settings, it rides a hell of a lot better than the car ever did on the stock suspension. Here is my thread for reference.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...ar-my-ws6.html
Old 06-15-2015, 04:25 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

They are great products for the price. Wide range of adjustability, choice of spring rates, and direct fit. Over all quality is excellent as well. You really get a lot for your money. I run them on my personal car, so if that says anything about how much I believe in their products
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 06-15-2015, 04:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rise of the Phoenix
I just got mine installed not too long ago. I have the front and rear double adjustable coilovers. I love them. I love having the ability to adjust compression and rebound on all 4 corners, I love having the ability to adjust my ride height to whatever the hell I feel like, and I love the fact that I can make adjustments for when I go to the track or get down racing on the street, and then make more adjustments and have a nice riding street car. Hell, you can even go as far as to adjust them to run an autocross event. I've only driven mine on the street so far, and I've got the compression and rebound setup for a below 600 rwhp drag setup, but even with those settings, it rides a hell of a lot better than the car ever did on the stock suspension. Here is my thread for reference.

https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspensio...ar-my-ws6.html
I was hoping you'd chime in because I did just see and read your thread noticing you literally just got those put on definitely feel the difference huh? Car hooks better now??

Last edited by Defined1983; 06-15-2015 at 04:55 PM.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:18 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 81 Likes on 72 Posts

Ive got the full setup, car rides great, front end lifts way up. No complaints.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:24 AM
TECH Senior Member

Yes, the car does hook better now. The front end comes up on acceleration and the rear squats down and hooks up hard. My front and rear settings are based on a below 600 HP drag setting; I'd have to look to see what my exact settings are, but I do have them written down at home. Viking sends you a compression/rebound setting chart based on what you want to do with the car, so at least you have some base settings to play with and make fine tuning adjustments from there. Even with the settings I have it on, the car rides better than it did with the stock suspension. I'm sure if I adjusted the compression and rebound to the settings for street driving/autocross, it would ride even better.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:09 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yes, the car does hook better now. The front end comes up on acceleration and the rear squats down and hooks up hard. My front and rear settings are based on a below 600 HP drag setting; I'd have to look to see what my exact settings are, but I do have them written down at home. Viking sends you a compression/rebound setting chart based on what you want to do with the car, so at least you have some base settings to play with and make fine tuning adjustments from there. Even with the settings I have it on, the car rides better than it did with the stock suspension. I'm sure if I adjusted the compression and rebound to the settings for street driving/autocross, it would ride even better.
We are glad to see the shocks are working out well for you.
Old 06-16-2015, 09:31 AM
TECH Senior Member

OP, if you decide to go that route, the guys over at Midwest Chassis can hook you up with an unbeatable price of a complete setup. For the price and what all the Vikings offer, I don't believe there is a better deal out there.
Old 06-17-2015, 09:22 PM
9 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Defined1983
Any of you guys running these in your 93-02 F Body and if you are what is your experience with them??
Attachment 722974

I'd say my experience has been pretty good with them.
Old 06-17-2015, 09:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by willizm

lol that's awesome you running front and rear coil overs? what spring rate did ya choose? is your ws6 a street/strip car?
Old 06-18-2015, 06:48 AM
9 Second Club

lol that's awesome you running front and rear coil overs? what spring rate did ya choose? is your ws6 a street/strip car?
It's primarily a street driven car and yes it's front and rear coil over setup I got from MWC. As for the springs I believe they are 300's.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:17 AM
TECH Senior Member

willizm, every time I see your car, I want to go turbo even more than I already do.
Old 06-18-2015, 08:43 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 01ssreda4
Ive got the full setup, car rides great, front end lifts way up. No complaints.
OP, if you decide to go that route, the guys over at Midwest Chassis can hook you up with an unbeatable price of a complete setup. For the price and what all the Vikings offer, I don't believe there is a better deal out there.
It's primarily a street driven car and yes it's front and rear coil over setup I got from MWC. As for the springs I believe they are 300's.

Thinking about getting front and rear viking da's. MY 99 trans am is street/strip. Looking for it to hook really well at the track and still have nice street drivability for when i'm cruising around on the weekend. Any of you guys running these in your 93-02 F Body and if you are what is your experience with them??
So there you have it... All 3 of these guys are MWC customers with their Viking shock packages.

Give us a call and we will be glad to help you out, get you setup with what is right for your needs. MWC is your one stop shop for f-body suspension parts... best deals, best tech help, best parts!
Old 06-18-2015, 10:18 AM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 19 Likes on 15 Posts

(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 06-18-2015, 03:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

what does your car weigh? I just purchased vikings for my car yesterday through ws6 store. Many of you won't believe me but i'm still using my single adjustable qa1's I bought 8 years ago off here from a member and they were used then. Several of my friends have finally talked me into in buy some nice shocks. I've got the car to cut a 1.33 60 on them @ 4100#'s so I'm very curious how these will work on the street and track vs my current old ones.
Old 06-18-2015, 03:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by AutomagicLS1
what does your car weigh? I just purchased vikings for my car yesterday through ws6 store. Many of you won't believe me but i'm still using my single adjustable qa1's I bought 8 years ago off here from a member and they were used then. Several of my friends have finally talked me into in buy some nice shocks. I've got the car to cut a 1.33 60 on them @ 4100#'s so I'm very curious how these will work on the street and track vs my current old ones.
I have a feeling you're going to be very happy with that purchase. Being able to make adjustments for normal street driving, getting down on the street, and then adjusting it for the track is pretty awesome.
Old 06-18-2015, 06:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

4100#s??? that's one heavy ******. I'm at 3,400-3,500 roughly. Still have my a/c and didn't gut out my interior. Me not in car

Last edited by Defined1983; 06-19-2015 at 01:49 PM.
Old 06-18-2015, 07:46 PM
9 Second Club

I was right at 3900lbs when I ran at that track last. The car hooks up really hard and is very consistent.
Old 06-19-2015, 05:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

I was right at 3900lbs when I ran at that track last. The car hooks up really hard and is very consistent.
thats crazy man!
Old 06-20-2015, 04:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 162 Likes on 120 Posts

Vikings are very good shocks. But don't be surprised if you don't see any improvement over the QA1's you already had.

Quick Reply: Anyone with a 93-02 F Body running Viking DA's?