Old 01-19-2019, 10:55 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 443 Likes on 235 Posts

That was definitely a tight fit.

Old 01-20-2019, 10:29 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 162 Likes on 120 Posts

Originally Posted by BlackSS4thgen
Wow, Thanks for the kind words man. It means a lot!

I grew up poor! I have had to make things happen my whole life. Ive never been one to give up! I am definitely happy with how it is coming out this year.

When I look at it it just makes me see how much Ive learned and taught myself the past 2-3 years alone. I look at the new setup and think damn, the old one was crap compared to this and it wasnt all that bad! haha. It wasnt going to win any welding competitions but it definitely did the job.

Once again. I appreciate it man. With a world so full of negativity and hate its nice that there are people out there that can appreciate someone elses efforts.
Wow Brother I can't believe how close our lives resemble each other. My family was pretty poor as well. Remember all I wanted for Christmas was a Chiltons manual. Lol Started off working on my parents vehicles then the neighbors. Did anything I could do. Finally got a job paying $10.00 an hour. Bought a house with a one car garage and worked on cars out of it to save enough to get out of the city into the country for some property. Bought a nice size piece of land and built my shop first Lol. 40x63 pole barn. Then had the floor poured. My friend bought a spray foam business and couldn't figure out how to make it work. He told me if I could he would let me use his stuff to do mine and I would only have to pay for materials. So my shop is spray foamed as well. Never heard anything about heat in the floor before we poured it or it would be in there. Put in a Wood Chuck wood burning furnace. Almost burnt the shop down due to a chimney fire. And I cleaned it the day before. Pulled that out and bought a 150,000 btu Ducane 95+efficiancy furnace with a 5 ton central air unit. With the spray foam it works perfect. Just like being in your house summer or winter. Worth every penny when your sweating your ***** off working on something and now your nice and cool. LOL Then we built a 96 with a LQ4 nitrous motor. Had several problems with the stock block like lfting the heads and oiling issues. We too ended up with the Dart Ls Next block. We run the AFR cathedral 245's with ICT billet adaptors to mate up a CID Ls3 4" Dominator flanged intake. With a custom Pro Systems 1100 nitrous Dominator. We went all out on the internals, Callies Dragon Slayer crank Ultra H-Beams and Diamond race pistons for spray. We went with the T&D shaft rockers. Went with 1/2" head studs too. We built the whole car ourselves also. Its amazing how much more appreciation you have for things when you have to work your azz off for it. Man you are right about negativity. Its enough to make ya puke.

What track do you usually go to up there. Would love to at least see that bad boy run next year.
Old 01-20-2019, 07:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TTur1996
Wow Brother I can't believe how close our lives resemble each other. My family was pretty poor as well. Remember all I wanted for Christmas was a Chiltons manual. Lol Started off working on my parents vehicles then the neighbors. Did anything I could do. Finally got a job paying $10.00 an hour. Bought a house with a one car garage and worked on cars out of it to save enough to get out of the city into the country for some property. Bought a nice size piece of land and built my shop first Lol. 40x63 pole barn. Then had the floor poured. My friend bought a spray foam business and couldn't figure out how to make it work. He told me if I could he would let me use his stuff to do mine and I would only have to pay for materials. So my shop is spray foamed as well. Never heard anything about heat in the floor before we poured it or it would be in there. Put in a Wood Chuck wood burning furnace. Almost burnt the shop down due to a chimney fire. And I cleaned it the day before. Pulled that out and bought a 150,000 btu Ducane 95+efficiancy furnace with a 5 ton central air unit. With the spray foam it works perfect. Just like being in your house summer or winter. Worth every penny when your sweating your ***** off working on something and now your nice and cool. LOL Then we built a 96 with a LQ4 nitrous motor. Had several problems with the stock block like lfting the heads and oiling issues. We too ended up with the Dart Ls Next block. We run the AFR cathedral 245's with ICT billet adaptors to mate up a CID Ls3 4" Dominator flanged intake. With a custom Pro Systems 1100 nitrous Dominator. We went all out on the internals, Callies Dragon Slayer crank Ultra H-Beams and Diamond race pistons for spray. We went with the T&D shaft rockers. Went with 1/2" head studs too. We built the whole car ourselves also. Its amazing how much more appreciation you have for things when you have to work your azz off for it. Man you are right about negativity. Its enough to make ya puke.

What track do you usually go to up there. Would love to at least see that bad boy run next year.
Definitely have had my fair share of ups and downs. It used to really get to me but I realized pouting about it dosent get you anywhere. Days are numbered and we have to take advantage of that. Any day can be our last!

I race at mid michigan motorplex almost every weekend. couple times a year ill go to 131 or milan.
Old 01-20-2019, 09:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Let's race for pinks. Just spot me an 1/8th mile.
Old 01-21-2019, 04:13 AM
TECH Fanatic

Definitely have had my fair share of ups and downs. It used to really get to me but I realized pouting about it dosent get you anywhere. Days are numbered and we have to take advantage of that. Any day can be our last!

I race at mid michigan motorplex almost every weekend. couple times a year ill go to 131 or milan.
I hear ya on the ups and downs. Sucks but you just got to deal with them. Man isn't that the truth about days being numbered.

We were going to change ours over to a Pro Charger setup. Was thinking about going to a Dailey Engineering Dry sump pan setup with the Petterson Oil Tank. After tearing your motor down numerous times. Have you seen any oiling problems at all? Just curious because of the cost. Also I see your not using shaft rockers. Any problems so far? Also I guess I didn't see. What crankshaft are you using?
Old 01-21-2019, 08:10 PM
11 Second Club

Received 119 Likes on 99 Posts

I'm loving this build. And especially that you managed to keep the ice box and pipes all under the hood, and not run them into the interior like some of the 7 and 6 second turbo cars. Still stock appearing interior (except the cage of course) is nice. And once the hood goes back on it still looks like a street car. I like that.
Old 01-21-2019, 10:14 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by gesto
Let's race for pinks. Just spot me an 1/8th mile.
Sounds good!
Old 01-21-2019, 10:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

I hear ya on the ups and downs. Sucks but you just got to deal with them. Man isn't that the truth about days being numbered.

We were going to change ours over to a Pro Charger setup. Was thinking about going to a Dailey Engineering Dry sump pan setup with the Petterson Oil Tank. After tearing your motor down numerous times. Have you seen any oiling problems at all? Just curious because of the cost. Also I see your not using shaft rockers. Any problems so far? Also I guess I didn't see. What crankshaft are you using?
My last lsnext iron block ran an oem ls6 oil pump. same operating rpm and callies compstars. It is still running. going on its 3rd season with zero maintenance. It is in a fox currently and quicker than ive been at a little less mph. It has been apart once to check things out. the mains had a small amount of forward edge wear but not bad at all. They were reused and still going.
Both engines used oem rocker arms. Both engines used K1's $800 crank. The iron engine had callies compstars and the aluminum engine has callies ultra h. same pistons. Basically the same heads and everything else.

I have a melling pump in the aluminum engine and it carries about 10 psi higher oil pressure.
Both engines were setup with about .0028-.0029 mains and rods.
15-40 rotella t white jug oil.

I still have not taken off the valve covers or oil pan off from my current engine. Not a single time in all of 2018. Im not going to touch it going into this year either after seeing how great the iron looked inside.
Old 01-21-2019, 10:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Launch
I'm loving this build. And especially that you managed to keep the ice box and pipes all under the hood, and not run them into the interior like some of the 7 and 6 second turbo cars. Still stock appearing interior (except the cage of course) is nice. And once the hood goes back on it still looks like a street car. I like that.
It was tough. I almost gave up and put the cooler in the passenger seat area. But I felt strongly with keeping it under the engine bay.

Im not too fond of the cage but its definitely not a bad thing at these speeds. I dont want to pass on the lackof safety for the younger generations watching. Otherwise I wouldnt have added it haha.

The stock hood and all body panels make it cool to me. Its funny.
Old 01-22-2019, 04:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

My last lsnext iron block ran an oem ls6 oil pump. same operating rpm and callies compstars. It is still running. going on its 3rd season with zero maintenance. It is in a fox currently and quicker than ive been at a little less mph. It has been apart once to check things out. the mains had a small amount of forward edge wear but not bad at all. They were reused and still going.
Both engines used oem rocker arms. Both engines used K1's $800 crank. The iron engine had callies compstars and the aluminum engine has callies ultra h. same pistons. Basically the same heads and everything else.

I have a melling pump in the aluminum engine and it carries about 10 psi higher oil pressure.
Both engines were setup with about .0028-.0029 mains and rods.
15-40 rotella t white jug oil.

I still have not taken off the valve covers or oil pan off from my current engine. Not a single time in all of 2018. Im not going to touch it going into this year either after seeing how great the iron looked inside.

Wow that's incredible. Good to know. Thank You. We haven't had any issues either but we are not spining as high as you. Thought at 8000rpm there would be a bit of cavitation going on. We run the Melling pump as well. Never would have thought a stock rocker would last at that rpm either. Pretty impressive to say the least. Love the way you mounted the radiator. Made for a huge amount of room in front of the motor. If you don't mind could you measure the distance between your radiator and your harmonic balancer. Just curious to see if we could fit a gear drivin F3 in there or not If we put our radiator out there like that. Thanks in advance.
Old 01-22-2019, 12:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow nice car as well. You sure got that combo figured out for sure. Great results.
Old 01-23-2019, 09:27 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow nice car as well. You sure got that combo figured out for sure. Great results.
Yes they are awesome. I wish I could share the one blower combo pictures and slips. Its riding. But by buddy is NT and hard core about it so I dont want to upset him lol.
Old 01-24-2019, 08:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yes they are awesome. I wish I could share the one blower combo pictures and slips. Its riding. But by buddy is NT and hard core about it so I dont want to upset him lol.
I wish you could too. But I wouldn't either just as respect to your friend. We do the NT thing ourselves. We usually run NA all day and one by one they all seem to line up next to you to see what you got. Lol. Then at the end of the day they are looking for a money race. You got to love that.
Old 02-13-2019, 08:53 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well I just got back from florida after a week and a half of testing and tuning a few friend and customer cars.
My MS3 Guys threw me for a loop and sponsored me a complete egt setup. Brought tears to my eyes. Ive never had a company care beyond the previous order. It might help me keep this engine together and reach some really nice goals.
Old 02-13-2019, 09:05 PM
TECH Fanatic

Robert Ette made me a new motor plate and some brackets for the mechanical fuel pump setup. Turned out and fit nicely. Getting that in tonight.

Old 02-13-2019, 09:43 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's awesome! Well deserved.. you are one dedicated MFer....!
Old 02-14-2019, 09:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Wow that's incredible. Good to know. Thank You. We haven't had any issues either but we are not spining as high as you. Thought at 8000rpm there would be a bit of cavitation going on. We run the Melling pump as well. Never would have thought a stock rocker would last at that rpm either. Pretty impressive to say the least. Love the way you mounted the radiator. Made for a huge amount of room in front of the motor. If you don't mind could you measure the distance between your radiator and your harmonic balancer. Just curious to see if we could fit a gear drivin F3 in there or not If we put our radiator out there like that. Thanks in advance.

I kept forgetting to measure. But I did today. It is 21 inches from the face of the crank pulley to the cooling fan.
Old 02-14-2019, 09:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Bitchin'Camaro
That's awesome! Well deserved.. you are one dedicated MFer....!
Man. That was awesome of them.
Old 02-15-2019, 11:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Yay. I can start putting it back together now! 64 pound housing is awesome!

Old 02-15-2019, 08:21 PM
TECH Resident

Received 110 Likes on 86 Posts

How long did it take to get your stuff from Midwest ?

Quick Reply: 1000+ street/strip 98 ss project car