Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Texas Speed & Performance Solid-Roller H/C Goes 10.20 @ 131!

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2004, 01:10 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hear what you're saying, but lets just say for argument sake that the Eliminator car slaps the stock PCM back in there. And along with that, a spare set of heads that are fully ported along with a Fast intake and a 90 mm TB. Well I think we both know what the outcome would be. First factory stock car in the 9s. Hey, if Factory Stock is a race class, well then let the real race cars have a crack at it. It's not like many LS1tech independents have much of a chance being competitive in the class anymore. It's become a tuner shootout and I think you guys should be in a seperate class of your own. Or maybe do grudge races like the GN/TR tuners do at all the Grand National showdowns I've attended at Englishtown.

As far as the launch goes, Stock Eliminator racers live by the rule that there's more power to be found in the chassis than in the motor. Sounds dumb, but you know what they mean. I don't think a 1.399 60' is something to feel bad about.
Old 06-26-2004, 07:19 PM
LSxGuy widda 9sec Mustang

To tell you the truth, we had thought about bringing a Stock Eliminator chassis, just with one of our engines, lol. The TSP car was built in 3 weeks from stock rolling chassis to what we took to NvsS, I even built the engine about 3 days before leaving. I wish we had more time to play with suspension before racing, I think we only had 2 passes before the wheelstand pass.

The Stock Eliminator cars even with FAST would be more stock than the cars allowed in "Factory Stock". All of the 3 fast cars were built around the factory stock rules, I hope there is enough fast 346ci cars to have its own class made, its not cheap but with the right parts anyone can play. I think we had the cheapest (economical) setup there if we add it all up though.
Old 06-26-2004, 08:32 PM
Banned

For such little dial in / break in time, you guys posted some great times. Congrats to you and the other competitors.

Just out of curiosity, how economical are we talking here? I'm sure many are curious to know what it costs to run 10.2s with an LS1, just incase they're thinking about playing. lol

Apparently we agree on the Stock Eliminator cars being more factory stock than the Factory Stock cars. Like I said before, I think the rules for the class need a little re-thinking. I'd like to see stock style intakes, hydraulic cams with lets say a max of .600" at the valve (maybe a duration limit aswell), 350 cid max, stock tuned PCM and full exhaust w/o cutout. That would even out the playing field and since all the combinations would be similar, a true KING could be crowned. I'd also like to see the 4l60e as the only auto used. I think this would greatly further the development of this tranny, something which is sorely needed.
Old 06-26-2004, 09:41 PM

<$20K in parts building the whole car from nothing (had allot of them already from de-modding Trevor's SOM SS such as 200-4R and 12-bolt), the car itself only cost $2600 though, which is one reason we even showed up, a month ago we didn't even have a car to take. The price difference between this car and the car we won the Thunder Shootout Factory Stock class is prob $7-8K since that car had a 4L60E and 10-bolt, that car went 10.98 in the finals, and 10.77 with a little less weight.
Old 06-27-2004, 01:45 AM
Banned

Ouch. That price would climb to $25K (or more) for an independent entry. Labor ain't cheap and parts cost more when paying retail or close to it. Not to mention a Hogan sheet metal intake is in the neighborhood of $2K retail. Well that leaves me out of contention. LOL And alot of other people too.

I'd still love to see how a Stock Eliminator car would do in Factory Stock. Then again, a competitive SE car costs $30K or more. I don't know why I care about the Factory Stock thing, guess the rules got my panties in a bunch. LOL

Anyways, when are you guys coming up to the tri-state area, and I don't mean Kansas, Oklahoma and Texas. I think that's the other tristate. lol
Old 06-27-2004, 03:22 AM

Its cheap compared to some ppl that have spend well over $40K including the price of the car, and I know many more that have spent a ton more to have 11 sec C5's. That Stock Eliminator car we thought about bringing is for sale now for $27000, motor included but not installed.

I'll probably fly in to NE PA within 2-3 months to visit my family, but thats just me, no cars!
Old 06-27-2004, 09:58 AM
Banned

Cool. Good talkin to ya and enjoy your upcoming vacation.
Old 06-27-2004, 11:04 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by gomer
Lee's 10.26 run was after he pulled weight also, he has a thread stating that he weighed 3300 raceweight on that run.

TSP ran the 10.20 after pulling weight too... just like Lee.

Is the Thunder car REALLY a HYD cam.. or is it solid roller?
EDIT: I believe the question has already been answered

Last edited by FLA 98TA; 06-27-2004 at 11:09 AM.