Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Who has the fastest cam only car record ?

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2004, 08:28 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Tim98TA
You might wanna remove that claim in your sig, seeing how Jason has you covered.
No one has me 'covered'.
Even though I have STOCK heads and bottom end,I cannot be beaten.LOL
The bar has been raised and I must step up.

I will run 10.50's before the years out.... cam only....gauranteed.
Old 06-27-2004, 08:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 01-Z
No one has me 'covered'.
Even though I have STOCK heads and bottom end,I cannot be beaten.LOL
The bar has been raised and I must step up.

I will run 10.50's before the years out.... cam only....gauranteed.
you still have the overall fastest cam only but your "fastest cam only m6 claim is expired." i thinks what he meant.

but looks like you fixed that already

it was bad enough catching you, but now i have to catch jason, that should be fun. light parts are $$$$$$$$$
Old 06-27-2004, 09:59 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A bigger cam will go in.

I have sprayed it, it is fast.
How fast?
Old 06-28-2004, 06:45 AM
TECH Junkie

Location: From the Bowels of Hell!!! You want some of me bitch?!?!?!

M6-10.937@124.96(1.524) DA +643
And that is the fastest HOW? Maybe my math is bad, but isn't a 10.7x faster than a 10.937?
Old 06-28-2004, 08:28 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by Tim98TA
And that is the fastest HOW? Maybe my math is bad, but isn't a 10.7x faster than a 10.937?
he already removed the one that said fastest cam only m6
Old 06-28-2004, 09:48 AM
9 Second Club

I compleatly belive Rodny's times. The T-Rex cam just kicks major ***! But 128mph cam only I call bullshit. Slam me all you want but heads and cam cars that day were running 123 at that weight. And Tim98Ta look harder at 01-Z's sig for the Th400 times.
Old 06-28-2004, 10:03 AM
Motorboater

ok enough of the crying and back to the discussion, my eyes hurt from reading all this hoopla.

i think both 01 Z and jason's car's are very impressive. Jason has a good bit more cam, but is also heavier.

sean has less cam but a Th400 and is very light. i am looking forward to seeing that sean can do with a cam the size of jason's per say with his raceweight and driveline.
Old 06-28-2004, 10:11 AM
10 Second Club

you can call BS all you want...but the car truely has untouched stock heads, stock pistons, stock crank, stock rods, The heads are not shaved, the valves are not touched. Put up the money and protest him at a ls1tech series race. I'm sure he would just love to show every one that he is truely stock heads. Rodneys car was running within 3 mph of jason at the same track, same day and jason was about 200-250 lbs lighter if I can remember correctly. All they did to the car after that was load it in the thunder racing car trailer, locked the doors and left for the shootout the next day. Unless you have seen jason drive you cannot call BS on him. Just putting him behind the shifter and clutch pedal is good for 1-2 mph. Unless those other heads/cam cars were setup exactly like Jason was as far as gearing etc. you can't compair. I know that just a gear change in my car was worth 3 mph in exactly the same air. Oh..and jasons car still has some et/mph in it..even in the same air. When the good air returns look out.
Old 06-28-2004, 10:14 AM
Motorboater

95 Formula, am I invisible?

i said no more drama, if you guys want to bicker like women this thread is gonna go bye bye.

this is the drag racing section, not the bitching section, thank you.
Old 06-28-2004, 10:17 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SilverGhost
ok enough of the crying and back to the discussion, my eyes hurt from reading all this hoopla.

i think both 01 Z and jason's car's are very impressive. Jason has a good bit more cam, but is also heavier.

sean has less cam but a Th400 and is very light. i am looking forward to seeing that sean can do with a cam the size of jason's per say with his raceweight and driveline.

You can not really compair the two cars much anymore. Sean has converted to an auto /stall...and is lighter. Jason has shattered his m6 et/mph in about the same DA at heavier weight. Now it is apples to oranges...Sean should out et Jason and jason should out mph Sean. They are very close in et on the same track, same day, with sean being a few hundred lbs lighter right now though.
Old 06-28-2004, 10:18 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by SilverGhost
95 Formula, am I invisible?

i said no more drama, if you guys want to bicker like women this thread is gonna go bye bye.

this is the drag racing section, not the bitching section, thank you.
Sorry..we were typing a reply at the same time. I'm not bickering though. I you feel the response is inappropriate please delete it.
Old 06-28-2004, 10:47 AM
9 Second Club

I was there and did see him drive it thank you very much. I was also there racing with Judson port heads, G5X4 cam Th400 car and went .4tenths and 8mph slower with 200 pounds more weight. You do the math. And my gears are 4.33's with a 29in tire so I don't think thats such a factor.
Old 06-28-2004, 11:05 AM
10 Second Club

Looks like your car may be setup for the spray which means your leaving some et on the table as far as NA is concerned. That may be where some of the et difference is.

Looks like we are going to have a 3 way race here shortly with cam only. Coach is running good in very bad air, Sean is running good...especially for having a converter set up for nitrous but I feel makes up for it by being about 200 lbs lighter than jason and coach, Jason is running good with more room to grow. I think that these three cars will be the ones to watch unless someone comes out of the woodwork that no one knows about. The only sure way to find out is a no holds bared cam only faceoff the friday night before the thunder shootout. Sean is saying he is changing cams and I'm sure the other two can find some more weight to take out. This should be fun to watch. What you say guys...a little racing friday before the thunder race?
Old 06-28-2004, 12:28 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by QwikFix
How fast?
All good things come to those who wait.
Old 06-28-2004, 12:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

wow this is some lame bench racing by real racers lol
Old 06-28-2004, 04:38 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by 95 Formula
Looks like your car may be setup for the spray which means your leaving some et on the table as far as NA is concerned. That may be where some of the et difference is.

Looks like we are going to have a 3 way race here shortly with cam only. Coach is running good in very bad air, Sean is running good...especially for having a converter set up for nitrous but I feel makes up for it by being about 200 lbs lighter than jason and coach, Jason is running good with more room to grow. I think that these three cars will be the ones to watch unless someone comes out of the woodwork that no one knows about. The only sure way to find out is a no holds bared cam only faceoff the friday night before the thunder shootout. Sean is saying he is changing cams and I'm sure the other two can find some more weight to take out. This should be fun to watch. What you say guys...a little racing friday before the thunder race?
hey fool, you forgot me. j/k Tim

but i have something in the works for yall come thunder shootout. watchout.

btw, im starting a cam only list like the si list, so when you see it put your times up and ill update it as they come in. this battle is getting to hard to keep up with, it should help with alot of the questions.
Old 06-28-2004, 04:39 PM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by gator's 99TA
wow this is some lame bench racing by real racers lol
but its fun.
Old 06-28-2004, 06:23 PM
"The Drag Racing Director"

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 95 Formula

Now, this sounds interesting.

Coach
Old 06-28-2004, 06:36 PM
TECH Addict

My car will not be at thunder, too far to drive to run brackets.

I should be @ BG on august 21st, though.

Are we just doing this to run a number?If that's the case,I'll put a Trex size cam in
and gut it.