Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HAL Qa1 ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2005, 06:38 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default HAL Qa1 ?'s

im in the market for a full set up front and rears. im wanting ot know what the diffrence is between the R's and f's and how they will benifit more than other. do i need R's on the rear too or will the F's be fine?

and whats a good starting point for street then track setings? on the F's and r's?
thanks
Eddie
Old 08-26-2005, 11:20 PM
10 Second Club

to the top. plese some help guys. im wanting ot get mine soon but wana get what i need the frist time
Old 08-27-2005, 08:30 AM
TECH Addict

I'm running the R's adjusted to 2 clicks up front and stock replacement Gabriel air shocks in the rear. The front R's have less dampening when the car lifts and more dampening coming down. This improves weight shift at launch. The double adjustment rears can be adjusted to do the same. I would never pay the money for the F's for the rear. They dampen the same in both directions although they are adjustable. A quality stock replacement works on my car just fine and was a lot cheaper.

I weighed a set of the rear and their is virtually no weight savings. There is some weight savings for the front however.

Last edited by Larry; 08-27-2005 at 01:06 PM.
Old 08-27-2005, 12:50 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 59 Likes on 44 Posts

I was told that the R's and F's have different rebound. Like one, i think the F is 90/10 and the R is 50/50. So the R is more more a dialy driver. The numbers meaning the lift on the front end???? Like with the F's, the fornt will fall 90% more softer than it will rise. and the R's will fall jsut as ahrd as they go up? Rebound..... Tell me if im right. The 90/10 one is more strictly for the track and the 50/50s are good all around. I am pretty sure this is correct but i am not too knowledgeable o nthis so someone pick up where i left off.

Featuring 6 different turbo kits for your F-body!
Check us out on Facebook at: www.facebook.com/HuronSpeed
Old 08-27-2005, 01:08 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Superman09
I was told that the R's and F's have different rebound. Like one, i think the F is 90/10 and the R is 50/50. So the R is more more a dialy driver. The numbers meaning the lift on the front end???? Like with the F's, the fornt will fall 90% more softer than it will rise. and the R's will fall jsut as ahrd as they go up? Rebound..... Tell me if im right. The 90/10 one is more strictly for the track and the 50/50s are good all around. I am pretty sure this is correct but i am not too knowledgeable o nthis so someone pick up where i left off.
Backwards, R's are race (90/10?), F's street (50/50)
Old 08-30-2005, 10:22 PM
TECH Fanatic

both wrong, lol R's are a 90/10 and the gen-f's are a 70/30 shock. Stock shocks are 50/50.. I had the same questions as you did and when i called them this is what i got. R's are for maximum weight transfer and decent street manars, gen-f's are for the weekend worrior with good weight transfer. Also note that the gen-f shocks tend to bounce the car up and down after the launch. The r series let the front end rise up quick but let it back down easy, and you get less bouncing.. I say go with the r's they work just fine on the street, mine are set at 1 and never changed lol..
Old 08-31-2005, 01:08 PM
10 Second Club

thanks for the reply bubagumpshrimp. so the R's will rise jsut as fast as the F's but dont come down as hard? jsut trying to get it all right before i order what i need. wil the F's be ok for the rears? i do drive the car 4 times a week and long trips. and go ot track about 3 times a month when the cooler weather gets here.
Old 08-31-2005, 06:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

no, the R's will rise faster than the f-series. 90/10 means there is 10% resistance to the front end going up, and it resists 90% going down. The gen-f's resist 30% going up and 70% going down.