Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

10pt Roll Cage

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2006, 01:50 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 10pt Roll Cage

Who is the best company to buy a 10pt roll cage from? Also how are yall guys painting yalls without painting the inside of the car also?
Old 12-26-2006, 02:01 AM
9 Second Club

Mine is comming from Wolfe
Old 12-26-2006, 08:44 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 69 Likes on 61 Posts

Thumbs up Do the

Originally Posted by 93 4mula
Who is the best company to buy a 10pt roll cage from? Also how are yall guys painting yalls without painting the inside of the car also?
prep, and the painting on the bars B4 installing. Paint all, except at/near the weld points.
Once installed, the areas at the welds are finished w/ a small touchup gun, and some careful masking....
FWIW,
I use thin, bubblewrap to protect the finish, while doing the install.
Old 12-26-2006, 09:31 AM
Staging Lane

I saw on wolfe website that they had different options like jig notched or no jig notched etc. Whats the best options to get with these roll cages?
Old 12-26-2006, 09:05 PM
12 Second Club

jig notched is the way to go IMO
Old 12-26-2006, 09:21 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Jig.

Your going to pay just as much or more to have all the bars notched to meet flush with one and other.

Tony.
Old 12-26-2006, 10:48 PM
JUICED96Z

I have had one sponsor shop on here tell me that the fitmit of the weld in WOLFE cages is not the best.....
Old 12-26-2006, 11:07 PM
Staging Lane

So who would be a better company to go with? Also yall are saying to have the cage jig notched right?
Old 12-26-2006, 11:22 PM
hashtagBMW

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Stenod or Wolfe, those are your best choices for F-bodies.

And yes, have it notched.

Tony.
Old 12-27-2006, 06:51 AM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by JUICED96Z
I have had one sponsor shop on here tell me that the fitmit of the weld in WOLFE cages is not the best.....
That's the first I've heard of anything negative about their cages. I used to have their 6 point bar bolt in and it fit like a glove. I've since had a local guy do my 10 point but like I said, that's the first I've heard bad.
Old 12-27-2006, 11:55 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

for a kit the wolfe does fit pretty good... but remember it is a kit, not a custom cage built to your car for your needs.

If you're a smaller person ( say under 6 feet, under 200 lbs ) a wolfe will probably be perfectly fine, but if you're like me ( 6'3, 275 ) you will probably be better off having a local fab guy do it for you.
Old 12-27-2006, 01:22 PM
JUICED96Z

I might sell my WOLFE 10 point, chromolly, jig notched, again for the reason above, I am 6'2, 200, with the seat as low as I can get it my head is still close to the t-tops as it is.

It all depends on your definition of good. Some people might say the fitmant sucks because they had to work a little hard at getting the pannels to fit. I know a local guy that just bought a car and the guy that made the cage must have been a money and forgot that after the cage was welded in that he would not be able to get the interior in. Now the guy has a Z with a cage and NO plastic because there is like a 1/4 inch or less between the bars and body.

If you are interested in buying mine PM me, I am only wanting to sell it because of my size like stated above.

I think shipped to me from Dallas to a buisness address in Indianapolis was $125. He aslo shipped the plates to me and those things have to weigh at least twenty pounds or so. So I could ditch those to save on shipping and the person that installs them could just cut some steel plates up real quick to weld the cage to.
Old 12-27-2006, 02:54 PM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

Does you head sit that close because of the stock seat height, or is that with a race seat? reason I ask, is that a Kirkey is a very thin seat (can get your butt alot closer to the floor) and that will help alot of you still have the stockers in the car. for a referance, I have my stock leather seat all teh way back and as low as it will go, and that's where I've always had it. I figured I'd want the kirkey on the floor directly, but after taking the seat out and putting a pillow to sit on to get a referance, it's way too low that way, I can barely see over the dash, nevermind the stock ws6 hood. My head is even with the top of the door, all you can see from the side it my head in the seat, I look like I must be about 8 years old LOL.. so obviously that's too low. When sitting on the floorboard, I must have about 8 inches of headroon between my head and the T top. I'm having a 6 pt done in my car and the guy that is doing it is gonna have me come down and work on getting the seat where I want it then fab some mounts for it.