Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Open Trailers, what are you using hassle free?

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2007, 03:51 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1QuickT-A
Yeah it should do just fine.. ALL of the new full size 1/2 ton trucks are rated at over 10k lbs if I remember correctly..
Just because they are rated at 10K doesnt mean they will pull that comfortably. I really wanted the 1500HD with the 6.0L to work but it just didnt cut it at all around here with an 8K enclosed on it. Wind resistance makes a huge difference too not just the weight, pulling up a steep grade with a headwind and a 24'+ loaded enclosed car trailer is rough. Thats why my towing mileage varies quite a bit.
Old 04-20-2007, 06:11 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

We are getting 20ish hiway and 16-17mpg intown. With an open trailer tools and track stuff hitting the scales at a light 15k we were getting 17+ MPG on the flats at 70-75 MPH.

In the hill's (Pretty much any where but I-5) it getts 14-16 MPG towing...depending on how much I stick my foot in it.

03 D-max Ally with a 100hp tune

Wanna see a new Mustang Cry light to light? Push the 4X4 button and stall it to 2k and let it ripp
Old 04-21-2007, 12:11 AM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Welp I went ahead and got that speedloader, but its the 20ft so my car fits with a 1"x12" board on the base of the trailer as mentined in this thread and it went right up. The 20 is one foot longer in the back over the 18'. Guess I can live with 2 12" boards along in the van. Guy did alot of research and had them bring one up from IA so I could try it.

So I tell the guy I will get the money out of savings next week and pick it up then. So I leave happy that I am finally getting one, on the way to my cousins shop to install some parts I picked up over the winter I get 5 miles down the road and someone is selling a 2003 HH 24' inclosed for 5400$ Not even a 1000 miles on the damn thing!! So now I am in limbo again.

I don't really have a decent puller I have a 12 pass 3500 89 dodge RAM van who I share with ramairws6 on this board and we use it for partying and I use it for pulling. Its a good van but its not pretty to look at and it has some oil burning issues but I stll love it. We were thinking of upgrading to a 98 dodge 3500 12 pass that is for sale local for about 2K each, with the money I have saved for this deal I can't buy a 5400$ trailer and a half of a new van for 2K, it comes down to a newer van and new open trailer, or a enclosed trailer and our current van that will maybe pull it half ***. I think my decision is clear .

Think my cousin is going to pick up that enclosed trailer anyway so whatever.

Anyway here is some pictures I took for HH before we tried the boards

Picture of the Trailer cousin is going to buy, that I was debating on all night.

Picture of our sweet van... Runs good PARTYS HARD!!! Hey promod them wheels look fimiliar?

Last edited by speedo; 04-21-2007 at 12:45 AM.

Quick Reply: Open Trailers, what are you using hassle free?