Old 06-17-2007, 08:32 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default LCA relocation brackets

Are they worth it or not
Old 06-17-2007, 09:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes..they are even more worth it if the car is lowered. It will help with wheel hop is you have any. It will also move the instant center of the car and help with traction.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:35 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Absolutely worth it. My wheel hop was so bad with MT DR's I was just about destroying the car. After welding on the brackets and using the bottom bolt hole the wheel hop disappeared completely. I used the UMI brackets on my 9" great quality.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:37 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Great mod and cheap. Even if its not lowered they would help straitline traction. get the weld on ones though.

Last edited by brandonppr; 06-17-2007 at 09:44 PM.
Old 06-17-2007, 09:52 PM
Teching In

Glad you asked about these. I was wondering the same thing. I have heard arguments both ways. I have been told that you didn't need them if you had the adjustable torque arm. Is that true? Can you accomplish the same thing with the adjustable torque arm?
Old 06-17-2007, 10:00 PM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Back in 98-99 LG and Metco sold some. They only used them to level the arms after lowering the car.

Jimmy and I were fighting my car not hooking well. I had just tried the death trapp lakewoods. We actually used part of the crap lakewood kit and used some engineering idea's from the metco's only we went extreame!

Over my cell phone we came up with a plan and i made the first set of really extreame LCARs(as they are now called) out of some 2x3 box I cut up and welded to the rear end. I drilled a few sets of holes and set the car on the lowest set. With the car sitting on Eibach Sportlines this gave 4 Degree's of up angle. Took a few hours do design and build on a four post lift.

A few days later We took it to the track and and knocked 2/10ths off the 60ft and 4/10ths over all off the cars best N/A time.

I posted on CZ28.com(only real BB at the time) a "how to drop 4 tenths in the 1/4" and you guys have been enjoying them every since

We in no way made the very first set....we just made them work

Do they work? only traction aid I have used on my car so far with a best time of 10.05@135Mph 1.45 60ft. I am sure other mods will get a better 60ft but I still drive the car alot on the street and this is an easy mod that does not hurt street driving.
Old 06-18-2007, 12:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Check out this thead:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/suspension-brakes/650242-relocation-brackets-mandatory.html

Originally Posted by brandonppr
I think the lower control arm works kinda like this pic minus the top arm which I believe is controled by the ta.
if the rear of the lca is lower it pushs to the ground on launch if it is stait it does not push down and may squat causing wheel hop because the car is falling on the rear and the rear is not pushing agaist the car falling on it.
correct me if I'm wrong.
the first one would be kinda like having the brackets installed

the second would be kinda like having it lowered ant the LCA is level

Old 06-18-2007, 12:56 AM
10 Second Club

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

ALL the thrust is moved through the LCA's.

The TQ arm controls the twisting motion of the rear end
Old 06-18-2007, 08:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by TwoFast4Lv
ALL the thrust is moved through the LCA's.

The TQ arm controls the twisting motion of the rear end
How could it control twisting? Some torque arms have rod ends on the end of them, I don't think a rod end is going to control a twist. I would think that a twist would be a binding of the suspension. I am sure that some would control twisting but I would think it would be doing so by binding.

Look at the LCA. If it don't have rod ends on it then it will bind in the same way, controling twisting but binding while doing so. I would not think that would be the right way to control twisting.

here are a few more pics:

In this pic the best for drag racing would be the third one

Attached Thumbnails LCA relocation brackets-4link5.jpg   LCA relocation brackets-instantcenter.gif  

Last edited by brandonppr; 06-18-2007 at 08:37 AM.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The torque arm keeps the rearend from twisting. Yes this is a correct statement, mayve rotating would be a better word. With out the torque arm, the pinion would rotate up and then the driveshaft would break.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by smoknta
The torque arm keeps the rearend from twisting. Yes this is a correct statement, mayve rotating would be a better word. With out the torque arm, the pinion would rotate up and then the driveshaft would break.
Ok I got you. I thought he was talking about twisting like in the direction of the eingine twists in.

The angle of the TA does change the IC though kinda in the same way the IC is changed from the angle of that top bar in a four link.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Yes you are correct. You use an adjustable torque arm and the Lower control angle to set the instant center of the car. This will affect how hard the car hits the tires and how long down the track it can hold the traction.

Quick Reply: LCA relocation brackets