Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

We did not race on that TV show Pinks

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 10:06 PM
9 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MADMAN
I went to Kansas with the preconcieved notion that the "TV show" was a joke and a staged production. After seeing the bullshit Nate and his brother pulled and going face to face with the bald headed chicken ****** in the hotel lobby I saw my notions were correct. The"TV show" is a joke and I see why SPEED wants to pull it off the air. The whole crew actually made the comment that we should just trust them. I told them that in drag racing you dont trust anyone. I have never even watched the show on TV and made my assumptions off of comments made by other people but I can tell you I wont ever watch or attend another one of the "TV shows" clusterfucks.

On a side note I will say the bald headed chickenfucker did have ***** to jump up and go toe to toe with me when I told him his show was a joke.
I'll call BS here. You're flat out on your *** wrong. Run in the show and then run your mouth.

I watched two teams run and hold up to what they said they would on Friday night. They raced with honor and if they thought something was BS, all they had to do is call it and present the case and Rich, Nate and Adam and it would have been awarded to them.

Rick

Last edited by 2001-WS6; 08-12-2007 at 10:30 PM.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:18 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Thugmobile
I remember hearing that "most of our guys are drunk except me, but we wanna run". KC stepped up. I remember hearing "we need an air compressor". KC stepped up. I remember hearing "we need race gas". KC stepped up. I remember seeing a Low 10 second pass on that road. I remember seeing it go pretty straight. I remember shoes coming off of feet in the prep. Don't take your anger at Pinks out on the KC guys (who bent over backwards to let you run your car), by whining, complaining, backing down from a free race against what you claim to be a slow car, and then running home to log on to your manhood. we don't have many issues on that road, that roundy lookin thing is a steering wheel. You might just have to give it a tug once in a while. Most real drivers do.
KC put up one hell of a track for sure. They were great hosts and were there to help anyone that needed it.

But if I find who the MF'ers were that were yelling at my daughter and my neighbor's daughter... well you can guess I'm sure. You guys can rag on Rich, but the man stepped up and made sure it got taken care of while I was out of range to do it. He's a class act and I owe him many thanks for that.

Rick
Old 08-12-2007, 10:25 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have been reading this thread since 8 a.m. I had had enough and decided to go to the lake and go boating all afternoon and drink one beer after another. WOW I really dont care what happened anymore. PSJ, Tony Haider etc. did the right thing. Why risk a race car for the "Metallic Pea Family Truxter?" Street racing another good idea why drive all that way to come home empty handed, at least make some gas and food money or just return on investment. I dont even know these guys and I dont think they fucked up. But maybe that is just the alcohol talking, but I doubt it. :
Old 08-12-2007, 11:08 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2001-WS6
I'll clear it up for you. Both teams are instructed to bring a 10.50 tune. You man up and negotiate for "run what you brung" or you stay with the signed up 10.50 tune and just run like an Index Race. You guys know what happens when you bust the Index right????

Rick
So wait, I'm a little confused on that, so you can just run for titles index style like an all out show OR negotiate for lengths and go for it? So they dont negotiate or anything?

One thing I will say for Rich and the rest of the crew is they do work their *** off. But when all the tire smoke clears its TV, and I still watch it for the drama
Old 08-12-2007, 11:14 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

blah blah blah.

Lets see some more hotel video!

Glad to see you guys stood your ground and not get jerked around.

I presented nate with a good race between myself and a fellow racer we always but heads with. Both cars run 9.40's. my 67 chevy II and a 62 falcon.

Two halfway fast and nice looking cars that have more personality then all these thrown together fox body cars you always see on the show, running within a tenth of eachother. plus the whole ford vs. chevy thing. I thought it would be a great race but I guess they realy are stuck on this 10.50 thing.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:30 PM
11 Second Club

The Kansas City Star newspaper said that the host of Pinks doesnt know anything about cars or racing! LMAO
Old 08-12-2007, 11:31 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by hotrodllsc
Hey, I'm glad you came out! I finally got to race you!
keep smiling. next time i am takeing your spot
Old 08-12-2007, 11:32 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by kp
So wait, I'm a little confused on that, so you can just run for titles index style like an all out show OR negotiate for lengths and go for it? So they dont negotiate or anything?

One thing I will say for Rich and the rest of the crew is they do work their *** off. But when all the tire smoke clears its TV, and I still watch it for the drama
You can do what you need to do. You can call it a 10.50 race and still negotiate land if your 10.50 tune isn't working.

Or you can run all out and negotiate land. It's up to he teams to call the race.

Most people I know just run them all out.

Rick
Old 08-12-2007, 11:40 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Stangkilr
The Kansas City Star newspaper said that the host of Pinks doesnt know anything about cars or racing! LMAO

Originally Posted by kcstar
Christensen, as one person from the show put it, “knows absolutely nothing about cars.”

But he does know television, and he wrings every drop of drama for the drag races that take place under his glare. He can get a driver to give up three car lengths with a look. He can browbeat an owner into relinquishing the one advantage that’s the difference between keeping and losing his ride.
here's the link
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/mot...ry/228387.html
Old 08-12-2007, 11:43 PM
kp
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2001-WS6
You can do what you need to do. You can call it a 10.50 race and still negotiate land if your 10.50 tune isn't working.

Or you can run all out and negotiate land. It's up to he teams to call the race.

Most people I know just run them all out.

Rick
Thats interesting, I just assumed everyone ran all out.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:49 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kp
Thats interesting, I just assumed everyone ran all out.
So did I - that was the lamest **** I ever saw. Let's bracket race for titles! WTF!

-Geoff
Old 08-12-2007, 11:57 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by azxic
Nate Pritchett:
“I’ve got a guy who just backed out,” said Nate Pritchett, the show’s casting director. “He’s got no *****. This happens every show. Every. Show.”
Old 08-13-2007, 12:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

so do we ever get pics of the motor? and full specs of it? I have been told some but im dying to know the full setup of the car
Old 08-13-2007, 12:27 AM
12 Second Club

i think they should have raced. they knew there was a chance at losing the car to begin with. there has been alot of poeple who donated money and there has been so many sponsers to help out..... makes me want to say my cars going on pinks. everyone fund me some money and parts ..... just sucks for people who helped out. its like throwing a bum money on the street. did nothing but mske you feel good for 5 secs about yourself
Old 08-13-2007, 12:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

PSJ and the crew behind him represtenting ls1tech made the right call... like someone else said, would you guys that are complaining run your car against someone that is claiming an 8 sec car for titles? maybe the tv show was the one to kick em off or the team didnt want to risk it for a POS...who cares? yes there are people that flew from china or the other side of the world...that wasnt PSJ or anyone else on ls1techs call...it was your choice...would you be pissing and moaning if it was rained out or something like that? probably, but there is nothing to do about the situation...as far as trusting the guys on pinks...who is gonna trust someone about what cars can do when hes lost every car he put on the show then was hired for the same show??? i say leave PSJ and the sponsors to worry about the car...they paid for it and built it... and lets all just wait for the race that was supposed to happen and not just any race that happens to be there... ive seen enough fox body stangs on pinks to last a lifetime...
Old 08-13-2007, 01:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

The LS1Tech team made the right call.....let's review:

1. The race was suppose to be late model LSx vs. late model mod motor---not fulfilled by the other team and not a race against "any all out race mustang Pinks could find"
2. Pinks said to bring 10.5 car, which LSTech did---Pinks changed the deal by offering up a mid-8's car to race.....and all they talk about on that show is "NO SANDBAGGING"....like it's not going to happen with a mid-8 car vs a mid-10 car.
3. Rich has threatened in a previous episode to take both competitors cars and auction them off on ebay if they couldn't agree on negotiation---the 8sec mustang already didn't want to agree to an all motor pass to begin with, what makes you think they would agree on lengths?

Guys, you made the right decision.....one I would have made myself.
Old 08-13-2007, 02:39 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by I8COBRA
These comments are getting stupider by the minute.
comin from the cobra guy lol
Old 08-13-2007, 04:30 AM
Teching In

was it not the same 87 GT that PSJ mentioned in the pinks thread in the staff vehicles section several days ago?? That car was no where near a mid 8's car, and was out next to the trailer all day saturday to look at. It wasn't any hidden thing Saturday. Nothing about it including the way it ran would have suggested mid 8's. I don't have a problem with them not wanting to put up a nice camaro to race a shitbox mustang, but what did they expect two weeks ago when it was announced that they were going to be racing an 87 GT not the original opponent, a mod motor put in a fox body with all top of the line race parts? If they wanted to race a mod motor mustang like the original, why didn't they say no when they found that out instead of making all of us that traveled (I traveled about 5 hours one way myself from Oklahoma) think that there was going to be a race. I guess it would have been to much to ask to show up with the car at least to defend all the people saying you bitched out on it. Like I said, I agree they had nothing to gain by racing that shitty fox body, but they cost a lot of people a lot of money on a wasted trip since they knew ahead of time they weren't racing the original car. Oh well, had fun hittin the bars up afterwards anyway.

Originally Posted by Dan Stewart
The LS1Tech team made the right call.....let's review:

1. The race was suppose to be late model LSx vs. late model mod motor---not fulfilled by the other team and not a race against "any all out race mustang Pinks could find"
2. Pinks said to bring 10.5 car, which LSTech did---Pinks changed the deal by offering up a mid-8's car to race.....and all they talk about on that show is "NO SANDBAGGING"....like it's not going to happen with a mid-8 car vs a mid-10 car.
3. Rich has threatened in a previous episode to take both competitors cars and auction them off on ebay if they couldn't agree on negotiation---the 8sec mustang already didn't want to agree to an all motor pass to begin with, what makes you think they would agree on lengths?

Guys, you made the right decision.....one I would have made myself.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:16 AM
9 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 33 Posts

Man will you people stop bitching about "Wasting" a trip. Nobody MADE you go out there, and nobody from up here that went down with the car expected things to go like they did either. I understand you wanted to see the car run, but **** happens, deal with it.

Sean
Old 08-13-2007, 06:47 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

To delete this tread, check the appropriate option below and then click the 'Delete this Tread' button.

Delete Options:
..... Do Not Delete Tread
X... Delete Tread

Reason for Deletion:

Last edited by gollum; 08-13-2007 at 07:13 AM.

Quick Reply: We did not race on that TV show Pinks