Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

We did not race on that TV show Pinks

Search this Thread

Old 08-12-2007, 08:46 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Who gives a **** if it was an 8.80 Mustang or a 10.50 Mustang? Why would LS1tech put a $20,000+ car up against a rattle-canned shitbox? The risk is not worth the reward, which is why they instead tried to negotiate a cash race. LS1tech did not "bitch out", they just refused to do something very stupid.
Old 08-12-2007, 09:12 AM
Banned

Sometimes it is better to back out and race what you originally intended to. I hope the guys that built the car can get a race lined up with one of are rivels. (A mustang internet site)
Old 08-12-2007, 09:19 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LS1 Sounds
Who gives a **** if it was an 8.80 Mustang or a 10.50 Mustang? Why would LS1tech put a $20,000+ car up against a rattle-canned shitbox? The risk is not worth the reward, which is why they instead tried to negotiate a cash race. LS1tech did not "bitch out", they just refused to do something very stupid.

Very well said.

How many of YOU would put up your $15K-$20K car against a POS $2,000 car? Even if you won, what have you really won? PSJ wanted to even the $$ up by offering to run for actual money ($20K was offered) but THEY wanted no part of it. I wonder why? I don't care if it was an 8 second car (and turned out to be a 11 second car).

The TEAM did good!!! The car lives to race another day. Hopefully the mustang site gets their **** together and the race is rescheduled for another day.

For you that traveled any distances to see the car run, I'm sure that the staff appreciates it. Set back. Take a breath. Say to yourself, "would I have risked my car to run that kind of POS".

David
Old 08-12-2007, 09:24 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by XpEdItIoUs
I can't belive you flew from here to see nothing
I can't believe it either. Talk about hot weather. I'll be back in So Cal on Tuesday. I can't wait to get home and cool off!
Old 08-12-2007, 09:32 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by MT POKT
The way I see it. The Tech Team did right by pulling out. Say you roll up in your 2000 Z, built with the best stuff you can get your hands on, with the confidence that you'll be competing against something of equal value, prepared to watch your ride drive away on someone else's trailer if you lose. Next thing you know, there's a 20 yr old, rattle can POS that's worth less than the tires and wheels on your ride. If it's my Z, I'm taking my ball home. I'm not giving some 2 tooth hillbilly who threw threw his junk together in 2 weeks time the chance to take my ride home. When it's your ride and rep on the line, are you going to take the deal? Are you going to risk your time and money, and sponsors time and money? I know how hard it is to drive 1000 miles to not even race, I'll give props to the crew for being able to back off and take this ridicule from members here. The way I see it, they made the only decision they could.

All you people whining and moaning, you made the trip, you were robbed, you lost respect, get a friggin grip. I didn't see any of you putting your pink on the line! Now, STFU. They're working on the original deal and I'm confident they'll get that race.

Thats what it is right there. Its not being scared of a 8 second car. Its the fact that you pull up in a FRESH built car to run a car of equal value. I dont know about you guys but I would NOT race a car for pinks if it was about a 3/1 ratio in value. Thats where the cash came into play. They tried. **** all the haters that say they were scared of the ford. If it was worth the same, they would have ran... I can understand the frustration from the folks that drove/flew to see the runs, but at least you got to watch the other races happen. I WOULD not be here talking **** about the team that went there.

Here is one for you. You bet me 35grand, I will put up 5 grand, and we will play a winner take all beer pong match. Are you gonna take the bait?
Old 08-12-2007, 09:42 AM
10 Second Club

well i guess we'll see this car in memphis.

did they take the car on the street for some street races at least?

guess this got wayyy too hyped up

if you guys wanna be angry be angry at the ford guys, it seems they didnt really take this as seriously..
Old 08-12-2007, 09:52 AM
12 Second Club

Wow that blows. I was looking forward to seeing the ls1tech car beating up on a mustang
Old 08-12-2007, 10:04 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Got Me SOM
well i guess we'll see this car in memphis.

did they take the car on the street for some street races at least?

guess this got wayyy too hyped up

if you guys wanna be angry be angry at the ford guys, it seems they didnt really take this as seriously..
I really do hope we get to see the memphis race in the way it was originally supposed to go down. From the start that matchup sounded awesome.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:14 AM
Tech Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is most unsettling.

I'm very disappointed to hear this, and even more disappointed that the Mustang guys backed out of the fair race. Maybe that's why they get a bad wrap around here

We still need to thank PSJ, and even more, all the sponsors that contributed to this awesome car. The sponsors are the real losers here, and this is not cool. The sponsors, especially Speed Inc., put a lot of time and money into this car to get their name out there, and they got screwed. This is not cool at all

Hopefully the car will race another day and PSJ and the sponsors, especially Speed Inc., will get the recognition they deserve. We have a lot of great companies sponsoring this great board, and the rest of the racing world needs to know that!
Old 08-12-2007, 10:21 AM
Teching In

Saw the car last night. It looked REALLY good!

As far as the tech guys backing out of the race. I'll remain neutral on that. Kind of the nature of the game. You can have a fast car with a ton of money in it, or a fast car with pennies in it. From personal experience you can get an extra 100hp out of an LS1 just by looking at it funny. We have a local car here with maybe 5500 in it total including the car that should be in the 10's. *cough* my roommate */cough* On the other hand, it would make for a lot nicer race if the other team had given as much care and thought into it to make it more fair. It looks stupid to have a beater racing a nicely done, well built car. Kind of like, "if we win we get a pile of ****, if they win they get a pot of gold" If they would have pony'd up their tow rigs and a few virgins, it might have been a little more even.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:33 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by hotrodllsc
It looks stupid to have a beater racing a nicely done, well built car. Kind of like, "if we win we get a pile of ****, if they win they get a pot of gold"
You're right... it doesn't look good, and doesn't make good TV. The way it ended up they'd be taking home a stang with 7 1/2 rods.

A few questions I have... I forgot to ask anybody on the staff if the Foxbody was still supposed to have a mod motor or not. Does anybody know if that end of the agreement was held up? Also, where did the mythical "8.8" number come from? With the way that car was running last night I find it highly unlikely that car has ever seen 8's with that power plant.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:34 AM
TECH Regular

wait, wait, wait. can i really make a 10 second car for 2 grand? i think i've been doing this all wrong.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:35 AM
Retired Street Racer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JL ws-6
That is the bigger thing really... when you agree to bring a 10.5 car that's one thing.. but when you see some shitpile that you're supposed to race that is probably a 1000 dollar car regardless if it "could" run the #, or is way faster how that would be possible I dunno.... that's not right. After all the sponsors putting $ into the car and the time that was put into it I can't see risking it for a chance to win something that you couldn't even sell for the gas $ to get it home.
Exactly. I couldn't agree with you more. All of these people hating on John, Joey, etc, is ridiculous. Grow the **** up already kids!
Old 08-12-2007, 10:37 AM
kp
8 Second Club

lol, maybe the guy said the mustang was an 8.80 1/8 mile car
Old 08-12-2007, 10:49 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by The Professor
wait, wait, wait. can i really make a 10 second car for 2 grand? i think i've been doing this all wrong.
We figured that you could build the motown car for under $5000 if you were just counting parts cost, and half of that was for the top of the line Trick Flow heads we got from Livernois Motorsports (shameless sponsor plug!).

We used a junkyard block, stock AOD trans, built up stock 8.8 rear, stock steering. Our 351 still has the stock crank too. But is is MUCH faster than 10's (trapped 148 according to Nate). Those mustang parts are CHEAP!

-Geoff
Old 08-12-2007, 10:53 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Rhino
What about being scared of an LT1 daily driver for bragging rights?
If you're referring to the tech guys being scared of Skinnies, you read it wrong. THey were all lined up ready to run, but the cops showed up. The Tech guys came here to race, and they did, on the streets of KC.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:55 AM
10 Second Club

so you were the other car, white hawk? if thats all you need to run fast, hell i will build a stang for a fun race car. 5000 bux would be perfrect budget
Old 08-12-2007, 11:00 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

LS1tech made the right decision. Anybody crying about it, put yourself in the same situation.
Old 08-12-2007, 11:20 AM
kp
8 Second Club

So let me get this straight, those guys brought an 8.80 $5000.00 mustang to race.

Decided not to race in Pinks and then go street racing a car with sponsor's stickers all over it.

Whats next, GWB showed up in air force one to say mustangs suck
Old 08-12-2007, 11:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by kp
So let me get this straight, those guys brought an 8.80 $5000.00 mustang to race.

Decided not to race in Pinks and then go street racing a car with sponsor's stickers all over it.

Whats next, GWB showed up in air force one to say mustangs suck
The mustang was suppose to be a 8.80 car but that thing was a POS. It was more of a 11.0 car. They could of raced the mustang but it would of sucked because the rustang had trouble starting and when they did there last burnout the balancer pulley flew off and was going down the track. The guys at PINKS need to try and get cars that are put together better and run close to each other. I an sorry but I don't want to see a POS running I want to see nice well put together cars so if they lose they are getting a nice car and vice versa. I mean the people that put together a turd and come on there and dont care if they lose cause there not out much and if they win well they get a nice car.

Quick Reply: We did not race on that TV show Pinks