Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SFI 25.2 Mustang/LSx build "The Renegade"

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 10:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dacajun
I'm not being a dick about anything. I do believe you are a bit sensitive. I asked a simple question. Yea it is obvious but I cannot put a mic to the pictures to read thousand's of inches. If your project is such a secret maybe it would be best not to post pictures. Once again, it was just a question.

Are you scared someone else may be building something faster???
Give it a rest. The way your coming off it sounds like you know it all anyway.

I think they're doing a pretty cool thing by posting the pics and giving out as much info as they are. I know I wouldn't be so kind in doing that if i had the know how and years of experience thats led up to the quality of motors that they build today.

This is a place to learn. Not a place to spill every hard earned secret you use to make a living. can't you respect that? don't screw up a good thread.
Old 04-15-2009, 06:33 AM
Race your car!

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

This thread has been a great source of info on a killer project, I can remove posts from here and will if someone is going to start trouble.

Keep it in line, Phil and Shawn have explained and shared a TON of good info to alot of us thru this build, and I want to keep it that way.
Old 04-15-2009, 07:30 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

sorry for getting worked up,i just get a little irritated when after we have have shared all of this info,that somebody has to act this way because i wont share every last detail.

I thought i was helping people out by showing the major parts it is taking to build an engine of this caliber,the details are what makes or breaks any engine,i am not willing to share this stuff because it has cost me alot of time and money to gain this knowledge
Old 04-15-2009, 08:44 AM
Race your car!

I think that is well understood, and if it's not it should be. You can't just open a book and read what it takes to get stuff to stay together at the levels that you're building too.

I commend you for the info that you have shared... and will definately speak with you on my next build for sure!
Old 04-15-2009, 08:45 AM
7 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by dacajun
I'm not being a dick about anything. I do believe you are a bit sensitive. I asked a simple question. Yea it is obvious but I cannot put a mic to the pictures to read thousand's of inches. If your project is such a secret maybe it would be best not to post pictures. Once again, it was just a question.

Are you scared someone else may be building something faster???
I could give two ***** if someone built something faster because for me this is all just a stress reducer. I could have built something bigger and better but I decided to do the LSx a 2nd time around to see if we could get it to live for a full season.

When Shawn and I started talking about the build the 2nd time around he asked me NOT to post all of the progress pics of the engine because there are a few things we're keeping under our hat. Why are we going to do all the leg work and give the information away for free?

Quite frankly I am tired of people not respecting information privacy. There are alot of engine shops out there that work hard to advance their engine program and it pays off in the long run with new & repeat customers. Do you think Proline would give you all of the specs of a build without buying a motor? F**k no. Oh and Since when was higher education free? This is about the only place you can learn and not drop a dime.
Old 04-15-2009, 08:46 AM
7 Second Club

Back on track....
Old 04-15-2009, 08:50 AM
Race your car!

[QUOTE=Phil99vette;11434193] Do you think Proline would give you all of the specs of a build without buying a motor? QUOTE]

Exactly. Noone will give out everything, and if they do, they must be building by a book you can buy @ boarders.

Now, let's see some pictures of the headers as they get built! I love watching stuff like that go together!
Old 04-15-2009, 12:20 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yes please, progress pics of headers
Old 04-15-2009, 01:05 PM
7 Second Club

I have not got the header materials yet but I'll order them this week. Here is a list
2 - American racing SS 2" header flanges
16-2" 304SS mandrel bent elbows from Global tech
1 - Megs Cone engineering collector package
1 - 3" V-band set

headers will be downswept just like my current ones.
Old 04-15-2009, 04:43 PM
FormerVendor

sure is nice being on vacation
Old 04-15-2009, 04:47 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by Shawn @ VA Speed
sure is nice being on vacation
What are you going to do for your couple days off? Want me to come up to drink some beer and hit the strip clubs?
Old 04-15-2009, 04:58 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Phil99vette
What are you going to do for your couple days off? Want me to come up to drink some beer and hit the strip clubs?
right now i'm in the beautiful shenandoah valley,we're out checking out what nature has to offer(mountains,caverns,waterfalls etc.)We are going to my parents house friday night and stay there till sunday,I'm hoping to catch up with a few of my buddies fri or sat night and drink a couple drinks
Old 04-15-2009, 05:43 PM
7 Second Club

Originally Posted by Shawn @ VA Speed
right now i'm in the beautiful shenandoah valley,we're out checking out what nature has to offer(mountains,caverns,waterfalls etc.)We are going to my parents house friday night and stay there till sunday,I'm hoping to catch up with a few of my buddies fri or sat night and drink a couple drinks
Enjoy your time man!
Old 04-18-2009, 10:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

So Phil, whats with the sig on yellowbullet? Is that if this doesn't work out? just wondering.
Old 04-19-2009, 06:23 AM
Banned

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by landonew
God shawn, why you holding out on us? Its not like your a vendor in a competitive industry who relies on proprietary information to market your products.

Keep the pics comming when you can. We enjoy the eye candy.
Actually, some of the parts and machine work could be considered proprietary as there's no one out there selling them, or doing this type of machining. Or if they are, they're keeping it to themselves as well.
Old 04-19-2009, 01:11 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
Actually, some of the parts and machine work could be considered proprietary as there's no one out there selling them, or doing this type of machining. Or if they are, they're keeping it to themselves as well.
Did you read the rest of that part of the thread? It's done and over. Everyone made it very clear what was going on and dropped it. Don't stir **** up again cause I want this thread to stay OPEN so I can glean as much info as Phil and Shawn are willing to share.

Moving on: MOAR PICS!
Old 04-19-2009, 08:01 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by fenton06
Did you read the rest of that part of the thread? It's done and over. Everyone made it very clear what was going on and dropped it. Don't stir **** up again cause I want this thread to stay OPEN so I can glean as much info as Phil and Shawn are willing to share.

Moving on: MOAR PICS!
Why would i lock a thread when Phil and Shwan are my friends and Ed works @ VA Speed...... Ill just prune/delete out what isnt needed..............

Back on track now.. from here on ill prune as needed

Shawn im glad your having fun up there man. Thats where Ash and I went... Maybe the same waterfall.

Ill see ya when i get back buddy..

Kyle
Old 04-19-2009, 08:05 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by NA$TY-TA
Ill just prune/delete out what isnt needed...
Could you just prune out the whole argument NOW (including this post) so that people don't hit quote or reply and start typing away without knowing it's over?
Old 04-19-2009, 08:31 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by fenton06
Could you just prune out the whole argument NOW (including this post) so that people don't hit quote or reply and start typing away without knowing it's over?
you mean like this?
Old 04-19-2009, 09:52 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by edcmat-l1
I was being sarcastic. Of course it is proprietary, and he is being very generous showing them. Sorry for the confusion.

Just clearing up my post, sorry to drag it out anymore.

Quick Reply: SFI 25.2 Mustang/LSx build "The Renegade"