Drag Racing Tech
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

My new drag toy. 93 lx coupe carbed LS1/th400. (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2011, 03:41 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LT1Formula007
Very... Nice man!!!
Thanks buddy.

Originally Posted by PRAY HRD
Wow man that looks amazing!!! I thought you knew about that moly front bumper support? It was like $65 if i recall and took 30 lbs off of the front! So well worth it!!

I just got a killer deal you can check out in the midwest section if you're interested. finally back in a fast ride but i'll be honest, i have a feeling i will be back in an lsx based notch again eventually!! Cant resist knocking off about 1000 lbs!!!!!!!
Was the guy out of IN?
Minitub and new wheels really make it a lot meaner looking! Great job man!!
Yes it does.
Originally Posted by mike135531bubba
I was at the store and read that article, congrats!
Thanks man. It should be faster this year on the bottle.

Originally Posted by PRAY HRD
Hey with the mini tubs, are you able to keep the back seat if one was wanting to?
No, unless you shorten the seat like mentioned. I am going to have to cut the seat delete panel to make it fit back in there..
Old 01-09-2011, 10:29 AM
10 Second Club

A few more pics of the car now that I have it on jack stands. I pulled the radiator and exhaust off last night. I will get out there today and get the motor ready to be pulled.
We are putting new bearings and rings in it. The motor has two seasons on it. And the rings we put in it were cheap *** Hasting moly rings. And we set it up pretty loose. It has a lot of blow bye.

Old 01-09-2011, 10:55 AM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

IMPRESSIVE!! So can you cruise in the car at all with the drag brakes? Was always told no but with as light as the car is i wouldn't think it would be too bad for them, in moderation at least.
Old 01-09-2011, 06:32 PM
10 Second Club

I cruise it around town a bit in the summer. I don't see the brakes being a problem for light street driving. Now if a guy was to drive it really hard like stop and go traffic light racing I could see it causing a problem maybe.
Old 01-11-2011, 10:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks great. I'm going to do something similar to your coil mount setup under the dash.
Old 01-12-2011, 08:46 AM
10 Second Club

It makes it clean looking but if you have to get to them it is a bitch.
Old 01-12-2011, 09:23 AM
9 Second Club

I'm seriously going to consider trying them out on the fronts only. I think i'll put a proportioning valve in and dial in a bit more brake pressure to the rears to compensate a little. Any thoughts?
Old 01-13-2011, 07:52 AM
10 Second Club

Dave, I think it would be fine if you do that. Just be easy on the street. Don't drive it really hard on the brakes and you will be fine.
Old 01-13-2011, 04:43 PM
10 Second Club

My .02; I have a set of Strange Race brakes from MWC on my 9 inch. And I drive my car all the time. I did have to buy a proportioning valve to install just in case. And go figure, I "NEEDED" it. lol
As far as running them on the street, I haven't had any issues honestly. BUT mine are on the back too. As for the front, I would run a prop. valve for sure. If you stay off the brakes (or at least take it easy on them) you will be fine. If your a brake riding fool, you'll probably have problems with them. I remember when I first got on the car back to back and didn't have the prop valve adjusted correctly and it was grabbing really hard and you could just smeel the pads and rotors burning up. A few adjustments later, and I don't even notice them back there.
Just be easy on them when running back to back and you'll be fine!

My .02 tho!

James
Old 01-13-2011, 05:27 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by JRracing
Dave, I think it would be fine if you do that. Just be easy on the street. Don't drive it really hard on the brakes and you will be fine.
Pulled the trigger today pretty good! lol I oredered...

MWC 9" Spooled & Narrowed 3"/side with their c/m T/A & alum center
MWC c/m Drag sway bar.
MWC K-member and upper/lower a'arms
Full strange brake setup front & rear using stock spindle
Manual brake conversion & line lock
Tubular c/m super light front bumber

Think i'll call tomorrow and add a c/m w/poly bushing phb and a tubular c/m rear bumper just in case i decide to put it on at a later date.

No turning back now!!
Old 02-03-2011, 08:16 AM
10 Second Club

Right on Dave. That should make for a solid setup for sure.
Old 02-03-2011, 08:17 AM
10 Second Club

Here is a link to Horspwer TV. It is coverage of the Holley LS fest. There is a good clip of my car going down the track on it's way to a 10.09 pass. It is at 3:40.

http://www.powerblocktv.com/video/?e...-20&ep_show=HP
Old 02-03-2011, 08:22 AM
10 Second Club

I got the rear end of the car painted and mostly put together. It look really good. I will post pics later.
Old 02-03-2011, 09:38 PM
10 Second Club

Pics or the paint work on the floor and rear axle. Good ol por 15 in gloss black. I put that **** on everything!

Old 02-03-2011, 09:46 PM
10 Second Club

Once I button up the rear of the car and get the tank back in I will work on mounting the shiftnoid electric shifter my lovely wife got me for Christmas and rpm module. And get the nos mini wired back up. I had some sort of RFI interference going on when trying to activate the juice. But with the motor off it did not do it... So I'm moving that bitch clear out of the way and making all the wires stay clear of any kind of ignition item. I think this will fix the problem.

I was going to pull the engine and put bearings and rings in it but that will have to wait til next season. I have family issues at this time that require more of my time and I went through my budget for the season already lol. Like every year. Oh well. I think the motor will be fine for another year. I just wanted added piece of mind. It is going to see a **** ton of bottles once I get going on the juice lol.
Old 02-03-2011, 10:23 PM
10 Second Club

lookin good man
Old 02-04-2011, 07:15 AM
9 Second Club

Lookin' pretty damn good man! God i love them strange brakes!! I decided to hold off on getting them for mine til i get some more weight out of the car. If i did more drag than street driving it would've happened but i could use that $$$$ elsewhere right now. Looking at an awesome used Procharger kit right now with all the upgrades. Keeping my fingers crossed!

I did see that vid before but didn't realize it was your car in it so i had to watch it again! Thats pretty cool to have been in it AND in a magazine! Congrats and hope all works out for you, whatever the family thing is.
Old 02-04-2011, 08:06 AM
10 Second Club

Thanks Ray. I look forward to seeing you guys at some races this season.

Thanks Dave. My mother inlaw is not well right now. My wife is having to be with her a lot so that leaves me with taking care of my daughter. So I can't spend as much time on the car as I wanted to. But it is all good.
Old 02-06-2011, 11:49 AM
9 Second Club

I hope everything comes out ok man. My ex father inlaw just had Another heart attack and stopped breathing and hasn't woken up and is having multiple strokes in the hospital now. I've got my sons again after them just going back home for the last 3 months with me because my ex mother inlaw had a minor heart attack and was laid up. my ex lives with them to help out and they can watch the boys at times if she wants to go out but apparently, that isnt going to happen any longer so not sure whats going to happen here. May have to slow down on the build now that i think about it just in case. UGH!! I don't wanna think about that!!!! HAHAAAAA

Btw, you should highlight the "for sale" in your sig and maybe put it in front of the description for more attention. Not sure how long you've had it in your sig but first time i noticed it. Just a thought.
Old 02-06-2011, 12:21 PM
11 Second Club

Dont know if you know about this but your in the Feb 2011 Hot Rod Congrats!!

Quick Reply: My new drag toy. 93 lx coupe carbed LS1/th400. (pics)